• 13th-15th

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Last

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL.com reporting that all teams will only play one trial. Sharks on 27 Feb (something to do with Covid). Will probably see a different approach with close to a round 1 side playing a lot of minutes.

Pity it's only one but at least its the same for all teams.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
NRL.com reporting that all teams will only play one trial. Sharks on 27 Feb (something to do with Covid). Will probably see a different approach with close to a round 1 side playing a lot of minutes.

Pity it's only one but at least its the same for all teams.
Full strength first half, kids/depth 2nd half.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a feeling 10th.
7th 2022
That would be a massive underachievement if it pans out like that. Our previous squad could achieve that. We've purchased to be definite 8 for this season and with the additions in 2022 of Burton and JAC and whoever to do some serious damage. I hope your feelings are wrong. Maybe I'm an overachiever lol.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That would be a massive underachievement if it pans out like that. Our previous squad could achieve that. We've purchased to be definite 8 for this season and with the additions in 2022 of Burton and JAC and whoever to do some serious damage. I hope your feelings are wrong. Maybe I'm an overachiever lol.
I still think we are 3-4 players and a year of experience playing together away from the 8. The spine is very inexperienced and there are massive question marks over hooker and five eighth if Averillo fires and JMK can improve it will give us a better chance but who knows how that will go.

I’m not sold on our pack either I think the best we can hope for is that they hold their own I can’t see them regularly dominating the opposition.

A lot will depend on the first 10 rounds with a difficult draw and the suspension of Thompson I’m expecting a rough start. Another unknown factor is how long it takes for the players to adjust to Tbaz’s structures and changes it wouldn’t surprise me at all if we don’t see our best footy to half way through the season.

I’d love to be wrong but there’s just too many things working against us to make the 8 but there will definitely be signs of improvement.

Last edited:

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I still think we are 3-4 players and a year of experience playing together away from the 8. The spine is very inexperienced and there is massive question marks over hooker and five eighth if Averillo fires and JMK can improve it will give us a better chance but who knows how that will go.

I’m not sold on our pack either I think the best we can hope for is that they hold their own I can see them regularly dominating the opposition.

A lot will depend on the first 10 rounds with a difficult draw and the suspension of Thompson I’m expecting a rough start. Another unknown factor is how long it takes for the players to adjust to Tbaz’s structures and changes it wouldn’t surprise me at all if we don’t see our best footy to half way through the season.

I’d love to be wrong but there’s just too many things working against us to make the 8 but there will definitely be signs of improvement.
I hope you're wrong mate. I can't handle feeling like a West tigers fan.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I still think we are 3-4 players and a year of experience playing together away from the 8. The spine is very inexperienced and there is massive question marks over hooker and five eighth if Averillo fires and JMK can improve it will give us a better chance but who knows how that will go.

I’m not sold on our pack either I think the best we can hope for is that they hold their own I can see them regularly dominating the opposition.

Totally agree bro. We are definitely 3-4 players short and I’m very worried about our go forward. If Ogden and atoni don’t have break out years and make good metres every game I think we will struggle

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just want to see the Bulldogs VS 15 NRL teams, all at the same time.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah would be really underwhelmed with those results. Definitely hoping/expecting the 8 this season.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
like most teams it comes down to injuries to key players. If we can keep our key players on the park then we can definitely sneak into the 8
Yep. Having a halves player who doesn't go off injured after ten minutes, forcing us to re-arrange the back line, put people into positions that don't suit them; and leave us one less on the bench, might help us win a few more games this year.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Added a poll to the thread

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd prefer us to throw that sort of money, even less (I also like Turpin if B. Smith doesn't come, it gets a bit tricky after those 2), at a more attacking threat from hooker. I think the Dragons are being smart here personally. I see McInnes as a Jackson type player just in a different position. If we needed a leader then sure, we don't.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'd prefer us to throw that sort of money, even less (I also like Turpin if B. Smith doesn't come, it gets a bit tricky after those 2), at a more attacking threat from hooker. I think the Dragons are being smart here personally. I see McInnes as a Jackson type player just in a different position. If we needed a leader then sure, we don't.
I'd rather B smith but it's more likely he will end up in qld near his family. Titans or broncos.
And mcinnes is miles ahead of Turpin

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking Broncos again, Tigers or Dragqueens.
I'd throw the sharks in the mix too.
I think this year is harder to pick the Wooden spooners than the Premiers. Injuries this year will be more effective than ever.
Starting squads from team 5 to 16 are more closely balanced than ever before IMO.

My bold prediction-
This year will see the highest ever ladder points for a Wooden spoon team.

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
700k for Mcinnes??!! ironically i caught a bit of The Castle last night "tell that manager **** he is dreaming" no thanks, excuse my ignorance as i dont know his age even? but i'm fairly sure he is a PASS.
Cheese will sign with us dunno when and it could take fucking months the way they all procrastinate but it will hopefully happen.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I'd throw the sharks in the mix too.
I think this year is harder to pick the Wooden spooners than the Premiers. Injuries this year will be more effective than ever.
Starting squads from team 5 to 16 are more closely balanced than ever before IMO.

My bold prediction-
This year will see the highest ever ladder points for a Wooden spoon team.
THat be hard to beat. THe Knights in 2005. They won 8 games. Probably the closest ladder ever. Andrew JOhns had a broken jaw at the start of the season and the knights lost 13 games straight before coming good. I always remember cause they were still getting 20K to games. Most entertaining wooden spoon team ever to watch, once they came good.