• 13th-15th

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Last

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have been studying ALL NRL teams during this off season.

It is great how the bulldogs have a new coach and a player clean out for 2021 & more star players coming in 2022.

Now this is my take, on paper we are a much better team, But that is just comparing to the teams we have been dishing out over the last 4 seasons.

However As exciting as it is my concerns are the other 15 NRL TEAMS.

A fair few team have also got a new coach and they are also have been conducting a player clean out. They are also expected to improve on 2021.

The 2021 season will be very close!!!

I think the bulldogs have the team that can challenge most other teams. This is not just determined my the new players that have joined the bulldogs BUT more importantly what style of attack TRENT BARRETT will bring and how the defence will hold up.

The bulldogs could finish last or make the top 8.
We Wont really know until round 5 or 6 which will give us great indication on what the team has to offer especially against the other teams that will also want to prove a point.

Go the Bulldogs

MIKE Z

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way do we finish last

If Avo plays 6, we should challenge for the 8. If Burton plays 6, we'll make the 8. If Lewis or Wakeham play 6, we're no chance of making the 8

Ultimately it depends on who plays 9. If we can get some decent service out of Kotoa/Wakeham/JMK, we'll do alright

2021 should be good but the real fun will be in 2022

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think we're looking at 12th but anything is possible. I can't really disagree with where and why the bookies have put us to finish last. If I'm to sit down and compare our roster to every other NRL team (on paper) at best it's 50/50 (and that only applies to the bottom teams). We only have to go back 2 years when it was a similar situation at Manly and they finished 6th. I don't see a super star in our team either (the best players in the game, freaks, win games on their own). We need someone to develop into one. We're at a massive disadvantage due to our hooker which is either the 1st or 2nd most important position in the team. We have one of the worst hooker's in the competition. A lot of recruitment (and our spine) is on potential.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our biggest goal next year is not wins and losses, it’s to build on what we’ve achieved in the last few months without kicking a football - becoming a club that every player in the game sees as as a club they’d want to play football at.

We haven’t had it for near a decade, I’d say 2012 maybe through to 2014 if that. Baz has rejuvenated the place without a ball being kicked and his greatest challenge for 2021 is showing that enthusiasm is well deserved. Central to this is Flanno, if Baz can get him playing the football he sees in him we’ll attract and keep the talent we want, instead of the talent we can get like has been the case over the last8 or so seasons.

Our goal for 2021 is to show we are going places. And we’ll become a honeypot.

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As many have said our biggest issue is our 9. But in saying that can Barrett and co get something more out of JMK. We know he has speed and with that the ability to run out of dummy half and create chances. It doesn't look like we will get a hooker before the season starts but if our coaching staff gets the best out of JMK we will make the 8.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our biggest goal next year is not wins and losses, it’s to build on what we’ve achieved in the last few months without kicking a football - becoming a club that every player in the game sees as as a club they’d want to play football at.

We haven’t had it for near a decade, I’d say 2012 maybe through to 2014 if that. Baz has rejuvenated the place without a ball being kicked and his greatest challenge for 2021 is showing that enthusiasm is well deserved. Central to this is Flanno, if Baz can get him playing the football he sees in him we’ll attract and keep the talent we want, instead of the talent we can get like has been the case over the last8 or so seasons.

Our goal for 2021 is to show we are going places. And we’ll become a honeypot.
Agree
Time for the dogs to be ‘the’ Sydney club! The team that everyone hates playing! Be it ‘the entertainers’ or the ‘dogs of war’ I don’t care. Make players want to come play for Canterbury just because they want to wear the blue n white and win premierships

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With so many recruits and a new coach I really don’t think it’s possible to predict where we finish. Like in 09 we came close to minor premiership with new coach and a big recruitment drive after finishing last in 08. Nothing will surprise me to be honest whether it’s bottom 4 or top 4.
What I do know though is that we’ll be much fitter.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
With so many recruits and a new coach I really don’t think it’s possible to predict where we finish. Like in 09 we came close to minor premiership with new coach and a big recruitment drive after finishing last in 08. Nothing will surprise me to be honest whether it’s bottom 4 or top 4.
What I do know though is that we’ll be much fitter.
So true. The unpredictability is the exciting part.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing to be concerned about unless one has unrealistic expectations.
Pay often said 'we are building blah blah blah'. Didnt build anything.
The Club now has done away with talking shit up and is actually building.

Last year Manly injuries impacted outcome of their season.
Penrith wont do as well now that the only good thing about them now coaches the mighty Bulldogs.
There are so many variables. I just want to enjoy the ride without placing emphasis on where we will land end of the year.
Roll on round one.

Bulldogs fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This year we shouldn’t be focusing on top 8 we need to trial and error to see who we sign, resign and give the boot, and let the rookies have a go

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This year we shouldn’t be focusing on top 8 we need to trial and error to see who we sign, resign and give the boot, and let the rookies have a go
Not arguing but I strongly disagree. I don’t get this mentality and seems like a popular opinion by many posters. I think we should always be trying to win a comp/make the 8/ win as many games as possible. Despite the odds being against us the boys should always believe they can win the comp.

For example I’d rather have a stop gap for a year (Maloney, Widdop, whatever-not saying I want these guys) and kill it than blood a young rookie and be lingering at the bottom. Just my opinion.

Bulldogs fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not arguing but I strongly disagree. I don’t get this mentality and seems like a popular opinion by many posters. I think we should always be trying to win a comp/make the 8/ win as many games as possible. Despite the odds being against us the boys should always believe they can win the comp.

For example I’d rather have a stop gap for a year (Maloney, Widdop, whatever-not saying I want these guys) and kill it than blood a young rookie and be lingering at the bottom. Just my opinion.
I totally agree on we should be thinking that we can a comp and winning as much games as possible but I think we need to see what we need for the following years

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't believe we're $4 to make the 8. We might just miss out but it's amazing value as I think we're a good chance and can sneak in. I'm loving that we've been written off and tipped to come last. It should give the squad even more motivation.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can't believe we're $4 to make the 8. We might just miss out but it's amazing value as I think we're a good chance and can sneak in. I'm loving that we've been written off and tipped to come last. It should give the squad even more motivation.
that is way under the odds, we were 2nd last last year, Bookies are pricks

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Titans are the only team who’ve recruited as well as us. Tigers and Warriors have done OK but the rest haven’t done much.

Add Baz in for us and I’m sure we’ll be a big improver. Dummy half and backline depth will still limit us but the bottom of the 8 is possible.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
that is way under the odds, we were 2nd last last year, Bookies are pricks
Bookies are pricks but we're a much better chance of making the 8 then a lot of other teams and should improve massively from last season. We won't win the spoon yet we're tipped to win it. I think the bookies are way off on this one.