News Bulldogs trio ordered to self-isolate

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole thing is a farce. Get over covid already. V'landys don't give in to these lockdown maniac premiers for goodness sake.
Even people that have had the full vaccine can't travel. The whole thing is a circus that we are tired of. Build a bridge and get over it already. Wake up Australia....your country is dying of fear mongering.
Go back to Europe you moron

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who cares. Other sports have had actual players test positive and the show goes on. Whole things a beat up. Casual contacts only, surely get negative test and good to go. We had a potential scare at work. Casual contact had been identified and used our toilets. Management barricades toilets until he tested negative. Every worker was taking the piss and entering the toilets, yay two weeks off!!!! Things hilarious, no one cares

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This whole thing will run through the news purely because they are Bulldogs players. Was Dylan Brown social distancing in the men's bathroom when he was rooting that sheila? I guess doggy style kept their faces 1.5m apart.

Get tested, return the negative result, move on. If positive, self-isolate for 14 days, test the rest of our players/ coaches/ staff, move on.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well i guess Flanno or Lewis are coming in for now.

Did the nrl ban pangai for a breach or was that for multiple breaches??

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do we always have the morons that can’t comply with a simple directive. They get told they can’t go out in that area and they don’t give a fuck and still do it. It explains the lack of discipline on the field when they can’t do it off the field. Hope they all cop a huge fine.
100% THIS!!!!

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The whole squad cannot train apparently until the test results come out. If a positive test comes out it’ll be interesting and might start derailing the NRL season

awww shucks, cancel a season we are coming dead last in...... no worries.... another master stroke from TBaz

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fmd dickheads indeed, good to see Schoupp who has been itching to get into first grade has scant regard for following pretty simple directions..NOT.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Perspective people. No one on Australia has died from COVID since late October last year…look it up before you attack me.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Perspective people. No one on Australia has died from COVID since late October last year…look it up before you attack me.
There is grounds to argue that we've had no covid deaths because our quarantine measures have meant our hospital systems haven't been overwhelmed like places where it was treated less seriously.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Star Canterbury Bulldogs trio facing disciplinary action for defying NRL directive

A stunned Canterbury chairman John Khoury says he is “not happy” after only finding out about the Covid breach by three Bulldogs players on Friday morning.

Khoury revealed that he woke to a message that was left late on Thursday night revealing that Dylan Napa, Brandon Wakeham and Aaron Schoupp were at The Royal Hotel in Bondi last Sunday, which was attended by a person who has tested positive to Covid.

ARL Commission chairman Peter V’landys says there is “zero” chance of the entire NRL competition being shut down due to the breach.

The Daily Telegraph has learned that the NRL was only notified at about 8.30pm on Thursday night after the governing body’s biosecurity experts were alerted.

It is understood NSW Health had contacted the players to tell them that they had been in close contact with a COVID positive after tracking them down via their QR code.

That swung the Project Apollo team into action to determine what immediate action needed to be taken before a media release was issued at 11.30pm.

Brandon Wakeham and Aaron Schoupp are among the trio. Picture: Mark Kolbe/Getty Images

Brandon Wakeham and Aaron Schoupp are among the trio. Picture: Mark Kolbe/Getty Images

The three Bulldogs stars are facing disciplinary action and have been ordered to self-isolate and have undergone Covid tests.

It is expected the players will be stood down from training and playing for 14 days.

“I just found out this morning if I am brutally honest,” Khoury said.

“I am not happy and I am just asking questions as we speak.

“I am not going to make any further statement until I get the facts.”

The NRL has also had to disinfect the Bulldogs entire training facilities.

Napa, Wakeman and Schoupp defied an NRL directive for players not to attend restaurants or bars in the Waverley Local Government area and now face disciplinary action.

V’landys said Napa had already returned a negative Covid test result and officials were still waiting on the two other results.

Asked if there was any chance it could close down the entire NRL competition moving forward, V’landys was adamant: “No. Zero.

Aaron Schoupp and his Bulldogs teammates are isolating. Picture: Getty Images

Aaron Schoupp and his Bulldogs teammates are isolating. Picture: Getty Images

“Because it is only one club. It is only the Bulldogs. Napa has already done one test and it has come back negative. We are still waiting for the other tests.

“I don’t think it is going to have any affect at this stage.

“Naturally we are being cautious and we have isolated the Bulldogs and we have gone into grounds and disinfected it and done everything we have to.”

V’landys stressed the players used their QR code, so on face value it appears they have made an innocent blunder.

V’landys said he did not find out about the incident until about 9pm on Thursday night and the NRL moved swiftly.

“Naturally, we are investigating it and they were given clear directions not to frequent that local government area because it was a hotspot and they were specifically not allowed to go to restaurants, bars, etc,” V’landys said.

“But in saying that they have to be given due process and natural justice so we will just wait until they are given that opportunity.

“The positive is they used their QR codes, so there it is not as though they were wilfully (breaking the rules).

Dylan Napa has already returned a negative Covid test. Picture: Alix Sweeney

Dylan Napa has already returned a negative Covid test. Picture: Alix Sweeney

“And what I want to stress at all times is that the players have been magnificent.

“In the last year they showed how conscientious and professional they were. I don’t want one incident to take away from that effort.”

The Bulldogs next game is against Manly on Saturday week, July 3.

The NRL released the following statement late on Thursday night.

“The remainder of the Bulldogs squad will not train until the test results of the three players are known,” a spokesman said.

“The players have not been in contact with representatives from any other club nor does it impact any State of Origin player.

“The NRL issued a clear directive to all Sydney based clubs on 17 June mandating that players and staff were not to attend any restaurants, clubs or bars in the Waverley Local Government area.

“All clubs in the Greater Sydney, Wollongong and Central Coast areas were placed on Level 3+ Biosecurity Protocols from Tuesday evening and are not permitted to leave home except to train or access essential services.

“The NRL will continue to seek advice from its biosecurity experts and NSW Health to ensure no risk to other teams or the community.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hopefully Flanagan doesn't come back ffs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So they’re being commended for using QR codes which actually identified them, even though they were told to not go out in the area. Looks like turd polishing.

Reactions: TAS