bulldogs trial #2 superthread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
lol at people worrying about Trial Match scores. If we lose a trial our season is over, ahahahhahhahhahahhahahahah.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
^ FML. You're back :sleepy:

Fantastic to hear BK is playing well. Pretty sure this year is going to be awesome.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought BK was fairly quiet really, did his job without being spectacular, Ennis was better. Good work from the forwards and BK just organised it well. He was active in defense. Looking forwards to the year. Heka looked better this game than ive seen him play and Kilifi looked aggressive with his running. They messed the jerseys upon the day and im not sure who was who in a few cases but Gordon looked good and i think it may have been Paea who also played with plenty of aggression. Barba looked sharp in his stints but Hodgeson was the one who really set the tempo early IMO. Pretty good performance from the whole team really, didn't seem like many handling errors and defense was good until we had the game well won and they relaxed.

P

PTE HOLLAND

Some people just have to get a grip. Trials are only for getting the feel for it again as the players are a bit rusty and to experiment with a few things. Not to go out there and smash every one like their playing in a grand final.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its nice to have good news at the start of the day, Go you Doggies.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
BK was good but was very impressed with Barba in his short game time, JTK also showed a lot of promise just a bit loose with his hands , M Paea was impressive , But a bit worried why B Goodwin came of early and didnt get any more game time . was changed by games end.
Just Read its his toe. Sorry
PS Buddy HAd a great game to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if Noddy and Ennis stayed for the whole game, we would of smashed them heaps more for sure..

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Wish I was there to see this game. It sounds like they were very crafty on the field.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Trial Wrap Up

For anyone who was at the trial or was able to watch the game - can you please give a summary on your thoughts on the game? Who played well, who didn't, who came on when and where? New recruits? Ben Barba report?

Cheers.

JERRY LEE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
noddy is getting better i cant see why we are looking for a half back as we have the best in the business right here.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Bulldogs too strong for Raiders

By Ben Walker 22:54 AEST Sat Feb 27 2010

Canterbury coach Kevin Moore was a relieved man in more ways than one after his side's rugged 22-12 NRL trial win against a gallant Canberra in Dubbo on Saturday night.

In front of a crowd in excess of 8,000 people at Apex Oval, the Bulldogs stretched their way out to a 22-0 lead with just under half an hour to go but ground out the win after conceding two late tries.

Hooker Michael Ennis was the spark for the Bulldogs, constantly threatening out of dummy-half while out wide Josh Morris looked threatening whenever he got the ball and crossed for a spectacular try off a deflected bomb.

The Bulldogs escaped almost injury free from the tough contest, with winger Bryson Goodwin (toe) the only concern.

Goodwin limped off the field halfway through the first half and never returned, however Moore believes the flyer will be fine for round one.

"He's got a bit of a toe injury and there's the possibility of a fracture there so we will just get it checked out tomorrow and see how he is," Moore said.

"We had a couple of blokes get injured last week so the last thing we wanted was another couple of injuries tonight and, Bryson aside, we got through.

"I thought it was pretty impressive tonight.

"We led 22-0 with about 15 minutes to go and then we took Noddy and Mick Ennis off so things got a bit scrappy."

In the Raiders room, there is concern over a knee injury to representative forward Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, who came off after twisting in a Ben Hannant tackle.

Learoyd-Lahrs is expected to miss the opening couple of rounds of the NRL season however an MRI scan in coming days will reveal the full extent of the injury.

"Thankfully it doesn't seem to serious," Learoyd-Lahrs said.

"I'll get it checked out when we get home and see but it's not the ideal way to start the season."

Raiders coach David Furner praised his side's aggression and admitted costly mistakes close to the Bulldogs line were to blame for the result.

"We should have done a lot more given the opportunities we had, Furner said.

"But we have a fortnight to work on that and we showed some good signs out there late in the match.

"It was an improvement from last week against Brisbane and we will keep working to improve before round one."
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=1018175&rss=yes

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what i got from watching the dragons game and hearing bout the Canberra game we dropped off the intensity late on, which is normal after an offseason. Halatau looked really good against the dragons which makes his injury even worse :(

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
deadset, of the 8000 people that were there, were none bulldogs supporters?

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For anyone who was at the trial or was able to watch the game - can you please give a summary on your thoughts on the game? Who played well, who didn't, who came on when and where? New recruits? Ben Barba report?

Cheers.
I went to the game it was a professional effort by the dogs Kimmorley controlled the game and ennis provided some magic. Barba was used in small bursts but eveything he did was class. Hodgson started strong hannant looked a little sluggish. Tia killifi well he is like Utai but not as hard running but can hold the ball. No one played badly and the team played better against the raiders then they did anytime last year. Roberts was ordinary to say the least and Barba looks better both in attack and defence. But its only a trial against the Dragons Barba completely outplayed Roberts. Roberts will get first go but Barba will be right behind him. Canberra didnt have there best team though No Duggan Monaghan croker.

THey didnt score untill10 mins left when bulldogs brought off Kimmorley and Ennis and didnt look like would. Dogs are in for a huge Year and need a fit Halatau to complete the team or even a homesick Eastwood

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score

Cheers.
Was there and drinking heaps , but i will try my best.
Very strong team effort, all the usual had good games , HANNAT , BK , ENNIS , GENERAL and MORRIS all played well.
JTK started on wing for Turner and played with a lot of aggression but needs better ball control . but still had good game.
M Paea was very strong seems to add a bit of starch to the fowards.
BARBA played well in his short bursts with a couple of great runs .
B GREEN needs to work on kicking game , Reminds me of Holdsworth.
Big improvement in Iddris and Barba's defence,
For me the best front rower on the ground was one M Hodgson , (just kept going)
All in all a very sound effort , if not for replacing all the big guns and penaltys late in the game Raiders would not even come as close as they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.