bulldogs trial #2 superthread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JERRY LEE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like the bulldogs played well tonight but the raiders are not a benchmark team.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs too strong for Raiders

By Ben Walker AAP Sat, 27 Feb 2010 22:52:09

Canterbury coach Kevin Moore was a relieved man in more ways than one after his side's rugged 22-12 NRL trial win against a gallant Canberra in Dubbo on Saturday night.

In front of a crowd in excess of 8,000 people at Apex Oval, the Bulldogs stretched their way out to a 22-0 lead with just under half an hour to go but ground out the win after conceding two late tries.

Hooker Michael Ennis was the spark for the Bulldogs, constantly threatening out of dummy-half while out wide Josh Morris looked threatening whenever he got the ball and crossed for a spectacular try off a deflected bomb.

The Bulldogs escaped almost injury free from the tough contest, with winger Bryson Goodwin (toe) the only concern.

Goodwin limped off the field halfway through the first half and never returned, however Moore believes the flyer will be fine for round one.

"He's got a bit of a toe injury and there's the possibility of a fracture there so we will just get it checked out tomorrow and see how he is," Moore said.

"We had a couple of blokes get injured last week so the last thing we wanted was another couple of injuries tonight and, Bryson aside, we got through.

"I thought it was pretty impressive tonight.

"We led 22-0 with about 15 minutes to go and then we took Noddy and Mick Ennis off so things got a bit scrappy."

In the Raiders room, there is concern over a knee injury to representative forward Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, who came off after twisting in a Ben Hannant tackle.

Learoyd-Lahrs is expected to miss the opening couple of rounds of the NRL season however an MRI scan in coming days will reveal the full extent of the injury.

"Thankfully it doesn't seem to serious," Learoyd-Lahrs said.

"I'll get it checked out when we get home and see but it's not the ideal way to start the season."

Raiders coach David Furner praised his side's aggression and admitted costly mistakes close to the Bulldogs line were to blame for the result.

"We should have done a lot more given the opportunities we had, Furner said.

"But we have a fortnight to work on that and we showed some good signs out there late in the match.

"It was an improvement from last week against Brisbane and we will keep working to improve before round one."

MalteseRaider

Waterboy
Reaction score
Learoyd-Lahrs out.

Another State of Origin player gone.

FML.

Going to be a long year for Raiders fans. :-(

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
Awesome =) & LOL poor Lina... & it's her birthday too =P

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This would be my bench considering the Halatau is starting and Warburton isn't:

Gordon
Barba
Paea
Armit

I really hope Warburton makes the squad though - I fkn love him. I just don't see him fitting in the squad. Tadpole will surprise us as usual.
G-wart is gonna struggle massively this year. When corey payne is fit he'll play all over him. halatau should be on the bench. the pack is too small with both him and stagg there. Stagg to start, drop Halatau to the bench and put either buddy or paea in the second row. But a fully fit doggies pack looks like this:

8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Hodgo
11. Payne
12 Ryan
13. Stagg

Great combo of size, aggression and agility.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should've thrashed them I have a bad feeling about this season already.....I hope I'm wrong!
I don't know why but I have a feeling BK is gonna have a shocker this year and our attack is going to be what is lacking

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
G-wart is gonna struggle massively this year. When corey payne is fit he'll play all over him. halatau should be on the bench. the pack is too small with both him and stagg there. Stagg to start, drop Halatau to the bench and put either buddy or paea in the second row. But a fully fit doggies pack looks like this:

8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Hodgo
11. Payne
12 Ryan
13. Stagg

Great combo of size, aggression and agility.
payne is most likely out for the season

JERRY LEE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trial report: Noddy gives Bulldogs back their bite

By BEN BLASCHKE
Source: The Sunday Telegraph

ANOTHER brilliant performance from Origin playmakers Brett Kimmorley and Michael Ennis inspired Canterbury to a win against Canberra in Dubbo last night.

Showing no ill-effects from the facial fractures that ruined his finals series, Kimmorley was dominant against a Raiders outfit that tried hard but lacked the class to trouble their highly fancied opponents.

The veteran No 7 set up his side's first try in the opening minutes with a deft pass for Michael Hodgson over, produced a pinpoint kick for Josh Morris to score the second and kept Canberra pinned deep in their own territory for much of the game.

Ennis created havoc around the rucks and scored a spectacular try in which he broke clear and chipped over the fullback before regathering to cross untouched. It was the perfect warm-up for the Bulldogs.

While Canberra were short on troops with strike backs Joel Monaghan, Josh Dugan, Justin Carney and David Milne all out injured, the Bulldogs were a class above and raced to a 22-0 lead before Kimmorley and Ennis were replaced with 20 minutes left

Conversely, sloppy handling plagued Canberra's night and they rarely looked like crossing until the game was dead and buried.

They eventually broke their duck through Trevor Thurling with 16 minutes remaining before another to Marc Herbert in the dying stages.

Compounding a disappointing night for the Raiders was a knee injury to State of Origin star Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, who limped off with a knee injury midway through the second half.

CANTERBURY 22 (J Morris, M Hodgson, H Nanai, M Ennis tries; Ennis 3 goals) CANBERRA 12 (T Thurling, M Herbert tries; Herbert, T Campese goals). Crowd: 8050.

JERRY LEE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like we went well but canberra are not a benchmark side.

Terry Mortimer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We should've thrashed them I have a bad feeling about this season already.....I hope I'm wrong!
I don't know why but I have a feeling BK is gonna have a shocker this year and our attack is going to be what is lacking
I dont know why either???

ANOTHER brilliant performance from Origin playmakers Brett Kimmorley and Michael Ennis inspired Canterbury to a win against Canberra in Dubbo last night.

Showing no ill-effects from the facial fractures that ruined his finals series, Kimmorley was dominant against a Raiders outfit that tried hard but lacked the class to trouble their highly fancied opponents.

The veteran No 7 set up his side's first try in the opening minutes with a deft pass for Michael Hodgson over, produced a pinpoint kick for Josh Morris to score the second and kept Canberra pinned deep in their own territory for much of the game.

Ennis created havoc around the rucks and scored a spectacular try in which he broke clear and chipped over the fullback before regathering to cross untouched. It was the perfect warm-up for the Bulldogs.

While Canberra were short on troops with strike backs Joel Monaghan, Josh Dugan, Justin Carney and David Milne all out injured, the Bulldogs were a class above and raced to a 22-0 lead before Kimmorley and Ennis were replaced with 20 minutes left.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
Conversely, sloppy handling plagued Canberra's night and they rarely looked like crossing until the game was dead and buried.

They eventually broke their duck through Trevor Thurling with 16 minutes remaining before another to Marc Herbert in the dying stages.

Compounding a disappointing night for the Raiders was a knee injury to State of Origin star Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, who limped off with a knee injury midway through the second half.

CANTERBURY 22 (J Morris, M Hodgson, H Nanai, M Ennis tries; Ennis 3 goals) CANBERRA 12 (T Thurling, M Herbert tries; Herbert, T Campese goals). Crowd: 8050.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BK played beatuiful also ennis, good work boys, season 2010 is ours

GO DOGGIES!

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
by the sound of this article BK is playing better and better, even though he is old.. with ME and BK we r gonna have a wonderful year.. GO DOGGIES

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
when noddy is in top form the dogs are barking. Great to see

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
man your getting worked up because the dogs didn't "thrash" the raiders in a trial? you need to relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.