Bulldogs team v Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Bluenwhite - Goodwin is a lazy f.... and forget about last year. What the f... has he done this year. We'd be better off playing Barba on the wing to at least get him ready close to the fullback possie for next year when they piss Patten off. If you think Goodwin's got what it takes you've obviously never played the game
he aint lazy.... barba is still best used off the bench... but obviously not utilised as much as we'd all like.... and just coz I havent played the game doesnt mean I dont know anything about it... gives yourself an uppercut coz Goodwin wont b going newhere

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing to excite in this team. We need a creative forward who can run, catch and pass.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think the Bulldogs are going bad due to "individual players"....it's a team thing!!

Bulldogs biggest probems are:

1) Our forwards aren't making the yards and are getting dominated by opposition forwards!!
2) We have NO second phase play!!
3) We can't wrap up the opposition players offloads!!
4) Our speed in play the ball is non-existent!!
5) Too much "one out" crap!!
6) We are too one dimensional in attack!!
7) Our speed off the line in defence is slow!!

In the beginning, we were dropping too much ball.
Lately, the ball handling has been much better but I think that is because we are playing the game at snails pace....not NRL pace!!
The injuries have also played a HUGE part to our incosistent play!!
When you have changes nearly on a weekly basis, it's hard to get that cohesion in the team!!

So, bagging certain players here is not going to fix the problem!!

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think the Bulldogs are going bad due to "individual players"....it's a team thing!!

1) Our forwards aren't making the yards and are getting dominated by opposition forwards!!

Lately, the ball handling has been much better but I think that is because we are playing the game at snails pace....not NRL pace!!
When you have changes nearly on a weekly basis, it's hard to get that cohesion in the team!!

this has given me the ****ing sh1ts all year.....why we are insistanting on doing this is beyond me

Hubdy

Bite Me
Reaction score
I feel for paea, the balls he was given last night were nothing short of a disgrace. Set the bloke up to get belted.
i agree
but was it just me or did moore rest him for 40 mins then bring him back on with
15 mins to go he made a few big runs in the last few minutes very hard to notice
if he played stopped watching the and started watching the talent walking around the
ground

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I cant see anything changing until we have our full team back on the paddock with 3-4 games under our belt to get into the groove, by then it will be to late but it will be nice to finally see a few good cames come out of them and actually enjoy some good footy from the dogs.

whippet_hound

HOT DOG
Reaction score

all good points which ultimately indicate that the Bulldogs forwards are the key issue and are what is giving the results we are seeing.....!

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
all good points which ultimately indicate that the Bulldogs forwards are the key issue and are what is giving the results we are seeing.....!
Everyone seems to blame the forwards for our misfortune.

Every time we do get momentum or go forward Kimmorley (particularly) or Ennis kill it with ridiculous execution decisions.

What about all those opportunities we had against the Dragons for example? or the first 20 minutes of the eels game when we had all the ball in a good position?

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score

Every time we do get momentum or go forward Kimmorley (particularly) or Ennis kill it with ridiculous execution decisions.

What about all those opportunities we had against the Dragons for example? or the first 20 minutes of the eels game when we had all the ball in a good position?
Forwards havent been the best...but we have had our chances....Noddy n Ennis are just not creating much....too much sideways running...morris hardly gets the ball...and when he does he always has a defender in his face...
we look very dangerous when we are spreading the ball fast and have 2-3 decoy runners...and standing deep...and it gives our centre-winger pairing time to run onto the ball and cause some havoc!!

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
True, BUT....

How many of our forwards have been playing consistently week in, week out since the start of the season, and didn't get injured somewhere along the way?

Lets see....our forwards:

ATM, we have Hannant out injured....he's been missing for 3-4 weeks now!!
Hodgson was also out for about the same stint, and that was not that long ago!!
Hickey.....also out due to injury!!
Micky Paea...also had an injury and was out for 3-4 weeks!!
Dene Halatau......again, was out most of the season!!
Corey Payne....out, straight from the start!!
Yileen Gordon.....also, another one that suffered injuries and was out for a few weeks!!
David Stagg....also had 1-2 weeks off due to concussion!!

Martin Taupau.....had his chance, but looks like is not up to this level YET!!

I think that even Warburton was injured at on stage there!!

So, the only ones that have been going week in, week out are:

Andrew Ryan
Chris Armit
Tim Browne

That's it......3 forwards, and one of them is not a regular 1st grader!!

This is why we have these issues now!
Last year was different as we had the BEAST there and we were nearly injury free!!

Although, not everything is about the forwards ONLY!!
I watch our players getting up when they get tackled, and you can see there is no urgency there!!
If the tackled player gets up quicker and gets a quick play the ball, Ennis and Barba would be devastating from dummy half/in support!!
Problem is that we are more worried about not spilling the ball when we are getting up, and therefore actually wait for the player to get off and then play slowly.......that's why we aren't scoring tries out wide as we are not getting the opposition on the backfoot and they do not even need to panic at all.....
They're actually having a Latte in the line of defence, WAITING for us to get up and play the ball !!

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait.. wait.. now people are calling for Goodwin to go? Trolls or what? Lets sack everyone and go with teh under 16's. Right on guys.

Seriously.. You people need to go get a job or something and see the real world.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Problem is because Moore doesn't seem to want to coach them to play that way...Ennis and Kimmorley were on fire the first 13 rounds of last year, they kept giving early ball to our backs and it paid dividends, but for some odd reason Moore decided to flip that gameplan around.

The fact our team plays so structured is a result of coaching, our backline doesn't even get the ball enough to try create anything with it and this is definitely something to do with Moore's coaching as opposed to Ennis and Kimmorley just being plain sh!t.

If Moore insists on playing a forward game, then our play will reflect that, all those chances that we would finish would require our forwards to do some second phase play inside the opposition 20, it's what the inside ball to the backrow is meant to do, it's what SBW, Mason and Myles were so good at before, drag in 2-3 defenders, offload, a few quick passes and try..

Until Moore actually decides to revamp his style altogether, i'm afraid we aren't going to finish off the majority of chances

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are starting breed some good talent in Mickey Paea and Joel Romelo, hope to see more of them and Halatau would only improve from more first grade too.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
only issue i have is that warburton has been named...considering one will be dropped im hoping it will be him....romelo deserves to retain his spot

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Warburt is good in defence but we have too many young guns keen as mustard, they must get a shot and we must put the Storm to bed this weekend.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
only issue i have is that warburton has been named...considering one will be dropped im hoping it will be him....romelo deserves to retain his spot
Totally agree with you here - its time for KM to take action and drop a few players that arent performing and give the guys a start who are....maybe that will get the message accross to the players regarding their attitude.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warburton reminds me of McIllwain in his effectiveness.
I will never forget that ball he dropped with the tryline begging that lost us the game in the round 1 game against Newcastle in 07, mostly because I will never forgive him for it

Status
Not open for further replies.