Bulldogs team v Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is with the Warburton hate? Are you all 14 year old fanbois that only like players with a massive sidestep and defensive liabilty that often goes with the flashy offensive based players?

Seriously.. watch some footy instead of picking who you will like due to looks and style. Warburton is a asset for us.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
What is with the Warburton hate? Are you all 14 year old fanbois that only like players with a massive sidestep and defensive liabilty that often goes with the flashy offensive based players?

Seriously.. watch some footy instead of picking who you will like due to looks and style. Warburton is a asset for us.

Kennel = Players that look hectik > players who can play...

C

chipandchase

Admit it, you're just upset Foster is there instead of the Ranga
lol Barry, i was impressed with Foster, but more importantly it was his combination with barba.
id like to see harrison in the team for Aggro. we have seen what youth does to a team, more energy, pace and enthusiasm. Aggro is a waste on the bench, he is a defensive player, we already have that in Ryan, Hodgson and Stagg. We have no ball playing forwards, at least Foster and Harrison can use the ball.
I would have kept Halatua on the bench, he has obviuosly been dropped only for match fitness. he offers more than aggro.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
lol Barry, i was impressed with Foster, but more importantly it was his combination with barba.
id like to see harrison in the team for Aggro. we have seen what youth does to a team, more energy, pace and enthusiasm. Aggro is a waste on the bench, he is a defensive player, we already have that in Ryan, Hodgson and Stagg. We have no ball playing forwards, at least Foster and Harrison can use the ball.
I would have kept Halatua on the bench, he has obviuosly been dropped only for match fitness. he offers more than aggro.

Yeah I agree with that.

It's nice to have some talented youth coming through that can defend and threaten in attack. We really needed that injection of enthusiasm.

As for Halatau, people just need to be patient with him. He'll come good.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's just great to finally have some reserve graders and youngsters actually show something when they get the call up.

For years now we haven't had too many fringe players that didn't figure into the equation before the season impress and stake a genuine claim for a FG spot. It's just a shame we aren't getting more out of our established players.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FFS ! When will this nuffy Moore get rid of Goodwin ?

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
FFS ! When will this nuffy Moore get rid of Goodwin ?
Why would he get rid of Goodwin...he has made more hitups this year than most of our soft forward pack...he is kicking our goals...and quite frankly hasnt seen much ball in attack...Morris has hardly passed to him.....but i think u forget how many tries he scored last year...he is also great under the highball....Goodwin is a great winger...shame on u

C

chipandchase

Why would he get rid of Goodwin...he has made more hitups this year than most of our soft forward pack...he is kicking our goals...and quite frankly hasnt seen much ball in attack...Morris has hardly passed to him.....but i think u forget how many tries he scored last year...he is also great under the highball....Goodwin is a great winger...shame on u
Goodwin has been hopeless this year and is very lucky to be in the team

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Goodwin has been hopeless this year and is very lucky to be in the team
yeh 'lucky'.... lets replace him with JTK or Winitana or Cutler or some1 else who cant cut 1st grade.....
lets get rid of our goal kicker who has found some form with the boot....and lets get Ennis back to kicking goals...0/4 in round 1...ultimately costing us 2 points against the knights...

i respect your opinion...but we have much bigger issues then thinking about getting rid of Goodwin...no1 complained about him last year...he was the golden buy of the season for 50gs!!

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
No sacking Goodwin! Once the team comes good again he'll be a hero again :grinning:
No need to turn on our players, there are things that are causing our bad performances which we do not know of.
It can't be changed by sacking everyone.

MikeG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's good to see that the fat **** couldn't muster up the ticker to come back from his 3 week injury (not, he's been off for 4 weeks now - he shoulda been back last week)

How many games has he played this year? 4?

C

chipandchase

yeh 'lucky'.... lets replace him with JTK or Winitana or Cutler or some1 else who cant cut 1st grade.....
lets get rid of our goal kicker who has found some form with the boot....and lets get Ennis back to kicking goals...0/4 in round 1...ultimately costing us 2 points against the knights...

i respect your opinion...but we have much bigger issues then thinking about getting rid of Goodwin...no1 complained about him last year...he was the golden buy of the season for 50gs!!
i agree we have bigger problems, but he has been very poor this year, i can only imagine that JTK has also been bad in reserve grade. Goodwin has to be the slowest runner out of dummy half i have seen.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bluenwhite - Goodwin is a lazy f.... and forget about last year. What the f... has he done this year. We'd be better off playing Barba on the wing to at least get him ready close to the fullback possie for next year when they piss Patten off. If you think Goodwin's got what it takes you've obviously never played the game

C

chipandchase

Bluenwhite - Goodwin is a lazy f.... and forget about last year. What the f... has he done this year. We'd be better off playing Barba on the wing to at least get him ready close to the fullback possie for next year when they piss Patten off. If you think Goodwin's got what it takes you've obviously never played the game
bert abit harsh lol but very true, we miss Utai coming out of our own half, if only Utai progressed to be good under the high ball. Utai is still the best dummy half runner i have seen.
Goodwin is a great finisher but he is very lazy and very slow returning the ball and the worst dummy half runner i have seen

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Right now, Goodwin is really only a slightly quicker version of Halligan.

Good under the high ball, okay defensively, good finisher, but lacks any kind of acceleration, and his kick returns aren't anywhere near good enough.

And people gave it to Nanai about his returns.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe that anyone is rubbishing our backs.
When you can't even get our of your own half for most of the first half then it doesn't matter how much talent is in the backline.

Paea will get better. Even though he got smashed by the Panthers he was one of the few fighting in the tackles to get a quick play the ball. We've got too many players in the same mold as Warbuton. We need MORE MONSTER PROPS, (unfortunately not this year)

Status
Not open for further replies.