Bulldogs Talent Scout?

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do any of you guys know who the talent scout for the Bulldogs is? I know this is a no brainer but is someone out there trying to find us a few strong, hungry and talented players. We need to learn from the best, Melbourne Storm, they find players from all over, including other countries.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There are tonnes of them on this forum. They make a new post immediately after an opposition player plays a good 20 or 30 minutes in a game.
This is the best and most accurate post I’ve seen for a while!

Kennelers are guaranteed to see several new posts regarding any fringe first grader or youngster who either scores a try, sets up a try or breaks the line with the first paragraph reading “what are your thoughts on…..”

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do any of you guys know who the talent scout for the Bulldogs is? I know this is a no brainer but is someone out there trying to find us a few strong, hungry and talented players. We need to learn from the best, Melbourne Storm, they find players from all over, including other countries.
Dave Hamilton Peter sharp

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are tonnes of them on this forum. They make a new post immediately after an opposition player plays a good 20 or 30 minutes in a game.
Very good.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kennelers are guaranteed to see several new posts regarding any fringe first grader or youngster who either scores a try, sets up a try or breaks the line with the first paragraph reading “what are your thoughts on…..”
Fair enough, I genuinely didn’t know who our current one was.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dead :tearsofjoy:

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
TwinTurbo answered this , a website glitch prevented me from copy pasting the response to here.
Basically it's Gould and his scouting connections.

Refer to TwinTurbos response

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Also if a player makes a mistake, The Kennel also call for a player's immediate demotion to reserve grade/jersey flegg or the worse fate of them all: the dreaded sack!!

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
T
Theres a guy from brisbane called lane bird , was a shit league player and did some junior clinics and some who got a gig finding talent. This was during dean pays coaching times but heard he’s still there.. everyone at our junior club couldn’t believe it when we heard

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also if a player makes a mistake, The Kennel also call for a player's immediate demotion to reserve grade/jersey flegg or the worse fate of them all: the dreaded sack!!
This is so true! Even if we had Tommy Turbo people would throw shade at him - the Kennel user guide to happiness looks like this:
1.We must win (winning is everything, but does not fully protect against random attacks)
2.No player can produce an error (although *exemptions do apply - *refer to point 1)
3.Winning the penalty count (albeit extremely rare) is helpful.
4.A Try awarded to the Bulldogs without video ref intervention
5.A disallowed Try to the opposition
6.Commentators saying nice things about the Bulldogs
7.Media saying nice things about the Bulldogs
8.Players pledging they’re love for the club
8.Signing rumours (strictly marquee players) - WARNING: Do not ever dare to host the rumour, this is fraught with great danger!!!:rage:
9.Any mention of the good old days, especially the 80’s.
10.New sponsorship announcements

*Encourage anyone else to add:tonguewink:

Last edited:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is so true! Even if we had Tommy Turbo people would throw shade at him - the Kennel user guide to happiness looks like this:
1.We must win (winning is everything, but does not fully protect against random attacks)
2.No player can produce an error (although *exemptions do apply - *refer to point 1)
3.Winning the penalty count (albeit extremely rare) is helpful.
4.A Try awarded to the Bulldogs without video ref intervention
5.A disallowed Try to the opposition
6.Commentators saying nice things about the Bulldogs
7.Media saying nice things about the Bulldogs
8.Players pledging they’re love for the club
8.Signing rumours (strictly marquee players) - WARNING: Do not ever dare to host the rumour, this is fraught with great danger!!!:rage:
9.Any mention of the good old days, especially the 80’s.
10.New sponsorship announcements

*Encourage anyone else to add:tonguewink:
11. Any other coach is better than our coach regardless of ladder position.
12. Sign any player who has 1 good game (remember they are better than what they have)
13. We have to rush a junior into the first grade side (heard they can produce instant results)
14. It always us against the opposition and the officials

Last edited:

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think player managers have pull with clubs and can reccomend players.

There is a kid in the HM dogs, the kid is crap, a player manager got him in the door to play in the team.