Bulldogs snare payNe

Status
Not open for further replies.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
We'll just have to wait and see how Payne goes at the Doggies. Better to look at him as an addition to our forward depth and not as being a replacement for Beastwood. The Beast was a revelation for us- hard hitter, tackle breaker and great offloading skills.

Although it was a great opportunity for him going to England, I was hoping (from the Doggies point of view) that his visa appeal would get dismissed. Anyway, Payne should do OK. With our earlier signing of Halatau, it seems like we now have the Tiggers second row at the Dogs (though Payne played mostly off the bench for Tiggers in 09)

Shanghai Dog

Campsie/Yangtze
Reaction score
This guy is a solid player. The policy of bringing back decent juniors is positive. People always crap on about "born-bred". I know it was a joke for a roosters game but don't complain when we bring one home. Also, Payne raised all that cash for charity with the Brisbane-Sydney walk I think. So he fits our "good guys" (or should I say "no ********s") policy which is going to hold the club in good stead in the future. Payne will be an asset to the club - but sure we would all like another Beastwood.

I saw Eastwood at the airport last week actually with his cast on his arm. I was surprised that he wasn't much bigger - just shows what you can do when you have the commitment to put your body on the line.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think too many of the players signed are just " average " NRL players.
You know just borderline..

I would be looking at 1 or 2 superstars so to speak.
This time last year u would have said the same about Goodwin. I trust our club to recruit exactly what we need. Their track record doing that is impeccable recently.

Also it is much better to buy fringe players who turn into something, rather than top players all the time.

Bulldog Bruce

Bring on Rnd 1
Reaction score
This time last year u would have said the same about Goodwin. I trust our club to recruit exactly what we need. Their track record doing that is impeccable recently.

Also it is much better to buy fringe players who turn into something, rather than top players all the time.
+ Buddy

Sabre V

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Terrible signing imo.

Hope I'm proven to be wrong though.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
paea, tia kilifi, halatau + lower grade fobs?

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
LOL @ needing superstars, we have learnt from the past

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
does it bother anyone else that we are buying a bunch of forwards that struggled to get first grade time with the Tigers? it's not like their pack has been a dominant machine.

I know Halatau adds a lot of utility but still........

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
LOL @ needing superstars, we have learnt from the past
Our biggest problem is Idris in the centres imo. Id be looking to try turner there with tia kilifi on wing or vice versa. Anyone who says he is a kid and needs time is kidding themselves. If thats the case let him have all the time he needs in reserves grade. We want premierships now, we shouldnt have a five year plan like other clubs. We're the Bulldogs for f*@ck sake. We're better than that.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
poor bloke had nothing over there lol

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
turner and halatau are def first graders and i reckon peae will compete with hickey for spot

1 pattern
2 turner
3 idris
4 morris
5 goodwin
6 roberts
7 kimmorley
8 hannett
9 ennis
10 hodgson
11 ryan
12 warburton
13 stagg

14 halatau
15 armit
16 gordon
17 hickey/peae/barba

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
turner and halatau are def first graders and i reckon peae will compete with hickey for spot

1 pattern
2 turner
3 idris
4 morris
5 goodwin
6 roberts
7 kimmorley
8 hannett
9 ennis
10 hodgson
11 ryan
12 warburton
13 stagg

14 halatau
15 armit
16 gordon
17 hickey/peae/barba

1 pattern
2 turner
3 idris
4 morris
5 goodwin
6 roberts
7 kimmorley
8 hannett
9 ennis
10 hodgson
11 ryan
12 warburton
13 stagg

14 halatau
15 paea/armit
16 gordon
17 barba

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Thought he had a decent year with the Tigers this year - alternating between prop/second row. Will definitely add depth to the forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.