Bulldogs snare payNe

Status
Not open for further replies.

5/8

Loyal Royal Blue & White
Reaction score
he will probably fill in well for stagg at origin period,now that the storms dallas has left nrl.Im guessing its purely for depth at that postion.

C

chipandchase

he is a good first grade footballer and will add depth, that is what we lacked last year
in any successful first grade team the younger guys coming through stepped up and made the difference.
lets hope we can get a few to do the same thing, guys like Harrison i am really looking forward to see as he has put on alot of weight whilst he has been off this year
the only position we lack depth is really centre now, we only have winitana in the wings and he is not a regular first grader, lets hope we dont get some injuries to Morris and Idris

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know about Payne much but if he is an ordinary player KM will make him a better person... Like Bryson Goodwin, he was nothing special before now look at him his playing for his country... all because of KM

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Corey Payne is not a dud player. he is a good worker and he can lift the tempo in defense and has good speed off the line. Welcome home Corey!!!!

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Quietly happy with this signing.

Damn we're gonna have an awesome top 25 next year. :grinning:

Chris Armit
Ben Barba
Michael Ennis
Bryson Goodwin
Yileen Gordon
Blake Green
Dene Halatau
Ben Hannant
Jarrad Hickey
Michael Hodgson
Jamal Idris
Brett Kimmorley
Brad Morrin
Josh Morris
Mickey Paea
Luke Patten
Corey Payne
Ben Roberts
Andrew Ryan
David Stagg
Lee Te Maari
Junior Tia-Kilifi
Steve Turner
Gary Warburton
Tim Winitana

Think I got them all. :o Unless Neumann is on bigger bucks than Moz.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tbh Parra's top 25 look more impressive than ours...atleast on paper

Still a team on paper means nothing, so it doesn't dampen my hopes for 2010.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Average signing but I guess we need backup for injuries, origin etc.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I won't bag Corey Payne out just yet. He doesn't exactly jump out to me as the man to fill Greg Eastwoods shoes, but Kay-Moore reckons he has the grunt - let's see how right he is.

We were quick to say WTF about players like Goodwin, Hodgson and Gordon. Who knows what this man can produce ;)

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's not forget he comes from the Wests Tigers. Anyone who plays for them will look like **** :p

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I could be thinking of someone else but when Corey Payne debuted he was actually throwing good offloads, big hits and hard runs and kind of burst onto the scene..

Could be wrong but i dont think i am..

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Well he is coming back home, gives us depth with some top grade experience and a change of club may be good, goodluck to him next season

S

Snake Jailbird

I could be thinking of someone else but when Corey Payne debuted he was actually throwing good offloads, big hits and hard runs and kind of burst onto the scene..

hes a decent player. Wanted to come back in o6/07 but had a big queue in front of him. Could be good for us

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I remember he also got flattened by O'Meley once too lol.

JuStINcReDIbLe.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You are on the money.. Before he was injured at the dragons he was actually playing quite consistently. Unfortunately he was one of O'Meley's speed humps in 2007 hahah but in saying that he did play very well in the 06 season as you said offloading and making some strong hits in defence. This guy doesn't take a backward step he will go 110% and coming back to his grass roots with KM can only help him.

Solid signing at a cheap price

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has the signing of Cherry-Evans from Manly been verified yet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.