News Bulldogs skipper left ‘embarrassed’ and admits rebuild won’t happen overnight

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs captain Josh Jackson has admitted he’s “embarrassed” following a 44-0 defeat to the Melbourne Storm on Sunday.

Jackson conceded his frustration with his side’s performance and admits the club’s rebuild won’t happen overnight.

“There is a little bit of that (frustration),” Jackson said.

“Just with the patience that we’re showing - I think we’re trying to score off of every play.

“We need to build our sets and be a little bit more patient, particularly against a team like

Melbourne.

“It takes more than one or two plays to beat them. So there was certainly a sense of (frustration).

“And I think just a little bit of a lack of cohesion ... we always knew it was going to take a little bit of time (to develop together).

“There were a couple of minor changes to the team as well this week, so I think that’s a factor as well.

“But defensively, we’re embarrassed by that (performance).”

The Dogs had 52 per cent of possession but they couldn’t no capitalise on their opportunities as their attack lacked spark.

Bulldogs head coach Trent Barrett was humiliated with his team’s attack, unable to convert and capitalise on any opportunities.

“I felt we struggled with our execution,” Barrett said.

“We got a lot of [the ball] early in the game, and we needed to come away with something there.

“If you don’t score, you need to build pressure, and we couldn’t do either.

“Second half exactly the same. We gifted them two tries when we were attacking, and then the other one, we kicked it dead.

“You can’t do that against good teams.

PaulS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All these comments by players of " little bit " this and we need to be a little better there is absolute rubbish. It's been since 2016 that tripe has been served on a plate. You players and team need to do lots and lots not just a little better here and there
Biggest rubbish that crap

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Here we go AGAIN, seems very familiar lol. I just can’t believe it.

when there is something positive to say, I will be the first to put my hand up, and get excited and celebrate with the fans on here at TK, and will be happy for out boys. But until I see results and success start to happen I will not be. NOT untiI that happens.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Here we go AGAIN, seems very familiar lol. I just can’t believe it.

when there is something positive to say, I will be the first to put my hand up, and get excited and celebrate with the fans on here at TK, and will be happy for out boys. But until I see results and success start to happen I will not be. NOT untiI that happens.
Morning Scooby, (if that's who you really are) LOL
Serious question did you not see some improvement in the first couple of rounds? Yeah we didn't score heaps of points but shapes looked better, defensive was better, passion seemed better.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We burn tackles through settlers then try come up with one clunky play in the set then kick and hope on the last

The attack is on par with 2021
And that's where Burton's intercept and shit kick that both led to tries all start from.. We waste 4 tackles with barge over attempts or settlers and then a long shift from JMK to Jackson to Averillo/Wakeham to Burton which 5 defenders all read easily and slide over towards Burton and give him no time..

Burton needs to learn to stand deeper and when to take the tackle or not force it in those situations, but he and that whole left side are always outnumbered by defenders because of Baz's stupid system.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How many times do we have to "rebuild" its a excuse more than anything else.

What's the point of playing football If your goal isn't score points going forward, it's the entire reason you play a set!

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It didn't help us at all that in the first 6 rounds with a new team we play all of last year's top 4, 3 of them away

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They didn't even look like they were trying score off every play. it was quite obvious that they were burning tackles with useless settlers to set up for the slow pace left side set play.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It didn't help us at all that in the first 6 rounds with a new team we play all of last year's top 4, 3 of them away
We can't keep using that as a excuse and it doesn't justify the lack of set plays and organisation. Regardless of who you play set plays and organisation should be visible even if they don't lead to points.

And if refs didn't allow a try by broncos that involved an obstruction we could have 2 wins.
"What ifs" are another excuse as with that much ball we failed to execute when we had chances and we had plenty of those too.

Last edited:

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don’t try and score off every play, that’s the problem josh. We go hit up hit up till we are 2 metres out and then predictable block play!!! Attach from 30/40 out
I love josh Jackson but it’s time to move on.