News Bulldogs skipper left ‘embarrassed’ and admits rebuild won’t happen overnight

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And that's where Burton's intercept and shit kick that both led to tries all start from.. We waste 4 tackles with barge over attempts or settlers and then a long shift from JMK to Jackson to Averillo/Wakeham to Burton which 5 defenders all read easily and slide over towards Burton and give him no time..

Burton needs to learn to stand deeper and when to take the tackle or not force it in those situations, but he and that whole left side are always outnumbered by defenders because of Baz's stupid system.
We didn't even barge anything. They sauntered into the attacking line, letting the defence hold them up and waste time. No desperation, no heart.

How many short DH passes from 5m out to a rampaging forward trying to find the line? Big fat Krispy Kreme.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Morning Scooby, (if that's who you really are) LOL
Serious question did you not see some improvement in the first couple of rounds? Yeah we didn't score heaps of points but shapes looked better, defensive was better, passion seemed better.
Afternoon Haz,

First round I thought hmmm, 2nd I was like maybe, then it all went to shit real quick .. and then I thought, yup, same old same old.. here we go again. !!

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go and get fucked with your excuses. It’s all Barrett and Furner not being competent. Seriously if you give Bellamy or Bennett the team we’ve given Barrett we are top 8 for sure. This club is the blind leading the blind.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And that's where Burton's intercept and shit kick that both led to tries all start from.. We waste 4 tackles with barge over attempts or settlers and then a long shift from JMK to Jackson to Averillo/Wakeham to Burton which 5 defenders all read easily and slide over towards Burton and give him no time..

Burton needs to learn to stand deeper and when to take the tackle or not force it in those situations, but he and that whole left side are always outnumbered by defenders because of Baz's stupid system.
Burton's mistakes on the weekend comes from the frustrations of our team not being able to score due to poor coaching, too much pressure on a young kid who hasn't played much FG as a playmaker no.6. He'd be as frustrated as us fans for sure. He'd be more suited to a club with an established team who have played together year in year out with an established no.7 next to him. His first two games for us shows he's got a massive future with a smart footy brain. It's unfortunate for him that he will now contract the Bulldog disease and rot away in this shitness of a club we have become.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jackson is part of the problem. If that is trying to score every set then why is he choking the attack every single time by being first receiver.

Barrett needs to fuck off

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton's mistakes on the weekend comes from the frustrations of our team not being able to score due to poor coaching, too much pressure on a young kid who hasn't played much FG as a playmaker no.6. He'd be as frustrated as us fans for sure. He'd be more suited to a club with an established team who have played together year in year out with an established no.7 next to him. His first two games for us shows he's got a massive future with a smart footy brain. It's unfortunate for him that he will now contract the Bulldog disease and rot away in this shitness of a club we have become.
Gee I used to be so positive about our club when I first joined TK. I think I've caught the same disease or curse the club has. :(

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gee I used to be so positive about our club when I first joined TK. I think I've caught the same disease or curse the club has. :(
There’s no ruthlessness about our club… we just allow everyone to bend us over
I was hoping Gus would change that.. but he seems to be making excuses for Barrett

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We burn tackles through settlers then try come up with one clunky play in the set then kick and hope on the last

The attack is on par with 2021
I agree with everything you said. Expect the attack is on par with 2021 bit. This year's attack is worse.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have heard the old 3 steps forward 2 steps back. They were not trying to score of every play, they had multiple setup tackles for the one play and that's why so much pressure was on that one play.

Another thing, this is really the first year of the rebuild, last few years we have just been getting rid of the old termite riddle house and foundations, yeah possibly Pay and Company messed up the demolition by thinking he could use part of the old foundations in the new house as a quick fix. But it just delayed the rebuild. We didn't just have a shit team, it was a shit team we had under contract paying more than they were worth for an extended period of time.

Not making excuses its just the hand Barrett and Gould were dealt. I expect an improved display against Penrith but unrealistic to expect a win, but I do expect 3 wins out of the next 6 games, followed by 2 wins before we have a tight fight with the Panthers.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bulldogs captain Josh Jackson has admitted he’s “embarrassed” following a 44-0 defeat to the Melbourne Storm on Sunday.

Jackson conceded his frustration with his side’s performance and admits the club’s rebuild won’t happen overnight.

“There is a little bit of that (frustration),” Jackson said.

“Just with the patience that we’re showing - I think we’re trying to score off of every play.

“We need to build our sets and be a little bit more patient, particularly against a team like

Melbourne.

“It takes more than one or two plays to beat them. So there was certainly a sense of (frustration).

“And I think just a little bit of a lack of cohesion ... we always knew it was going to take a little bit of time (to develop together).

“There were a couple of minor changes to the team as well this week, so I think that’s a factor as well.

“But defensively, we’re embarrassed by that (performance).”

The Dogs had 52 per cent of possession but they couldn’t no capitalise on their opportunities as their attack lacked spark.

Bulldogs head coach Trent Barrett was humiliated with his team’s attack, unable to convert and capitalise on any opportunities.

“I felt we struggled with our execution,” Barrett said.

“We got a lot of [the ball] early in the game, and we needed to come away with something there.

“If you don’t score, you need to build pressure, and we couldn’t do either.

“Second half exactly the same. We gifted them two tries when we were attacking, and then the other one, we kicked it dead.

“You can’t do that against good teams.
That’s a load of shit they are not trying to score of every play... the amount of settlers they take is disgusting!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s a load of shit they are not trying to score of every play... the amount of settlers they take is disgusting!
This has been the problem since Des, 5 settlers then a nuffed kick.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our club must be the LEGO factory....never ending amount of pieces to rebuild. FFS, we could have built Belmore how long it's taking!

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It didn't help us at all that in the first 6 rounds with a new team we play all of last year's top 4, 3 of them away
100% correct....by the time they might gel the chance for the 8 is gone...thats when the draw is favourable

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just get out of the fucking way in their red zone josh ffs.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It was a try mate. They had us beat in a 4 on 3. If it was Canterbury that scored that try we would all agree it was a well worked play that created the extra man.
Are you Graham Annesley? Because every other footy expert under the sun seems to believe it was an obstruction. It was clear cut. No way was it a fair try.

If a similar decision went in our favour, I'd go buy a lotto ticket, and wonder who it was that spiked the video ref's drinking water.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We can't keep using that as a excuse and it doesn't justify the lack of set plays and organisation. Regardless of who you play set plays and organisation should be visible even if they don't lead to points.

"What ifs" are another excuse as with that much ball we failed to execute when we had chances and we had plenty of those too.
I agree with both of you, tbh. Our attacking structures are absolute balls, but we should probably have won our first two games and even against Manly we had the better of it for a fair chunk of the match. Our D has been gritty at times, but our attack is just kak, and if you don't capitalise on opportunities when playing a side like Melbourne, they are gonna burn you.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We burn tackles through settlers then try come up with one clunky play in the set then kick and hope on the last

The attack is on par with 2021
This!

A settler (1) can be and is effective if does right. It needs to be done with force followed by a quick play the ball or offload. With the playmakers ready to capitalise on the retreating defence. And the rest of the team on the front foot ready to roll.

We play 4 settlers and barge over attempts every time we have the ball in the attacking 20. All of them are slow play the balls. Whenever an offload comes nobody is ready for it and all standing flat footed.

It all starts on the training paddock. Surely they don’t train with settlers [emoji848]