Official Bulldogs sign Jack Hetherington

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Was he really on the decline? I think Bellamy just invested less into him when he signed with us but I’ve heard Melbourne players rated him... I reckon Baz will push him, they are both from Temura and ex St Greg’s boys.. plus we have plenty of back rowers he’s not guaranteed a start in the 17 unless he performs.
Yes he was. From memory he copped a neck Injury and never bounced back from it...since then he has failed to maintain his fitness and in general just looks poorer in everything.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes he was. From memory he copped a neck Injury and never bounced back from it...since then he has failed to maintain his fitness and in general just looks poorer in everything.
I seen photos of him recently and he looks leaner in his face. I’d like to think a tough preseason is ahead and he comes back in good condition.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I seen photos of him recently and he looks leaner in his face. I’d like to think a tough preseason is ahead and he comes back in good condition.
Maybe. We're stuck with him so hopefully he finds something

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Aggression is good but I think too many people confuse it for recklessness and poor discipline and in Hetheringtons case that's exactly what it is. He has plenty to learn in terms of decision making and discipline and if people think he doesn't need to make any changes to his game then gl with him staying on the field for us lol.
Have to agree with this. Feel most are getting too carried away with this as he's far from the finished product. We all need to lower our expectations and give the guy some time when he gets here.

In saying all of this, when we signed 'ready made' forwards like Woods and T-Rex it hardly worked out for us, did it? Looking forward to seeing how this guy goes, should be a good show

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched the 1:00 minute highlight reel in the dogs email lol..got some speed the big fulla and some balls excited to see how he goes this year in a full season in the nrl. welcome champ

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Nope, expressing how a signing makes one feel and judging how good a player is 2 very different things.. just like being opinionated and being judgemental.. in my opinion they are 2 very different things that are commonly misconstrued....
Oh how you feel...very millennial.

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just watch the warriors and rorters game and he honestly was quite quiet, has some moments where he rushed up to get first hit but not a lot of flash hits and what not, only in the last 10 he sparked up with JWH.
Also from that game was greatly surprised at Greens ability to both kick and run nothing special but very competent at both not sure how he'll fair now tho. Also Flanagan was quiet that game.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Corey Hughes was the hooker when we won the premiership in 2004. Convince me that BSmith doesn’t have more upside to his game than what CHughes offered?
Ah.

Adam Perry was out first choice hooker. Hughes came off the bench for the vast majority of the year.

Corey had some pivotal moments for us that year - namely that 40/20 against the Panthers. Real momentum shifter when we were under the pump.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
like whos available to come to us.......
No definitely not.
Aside from Hethrington's aggression he's not that unlike most the forwards we have, not quite big enough for a middle role, not agile / dynamic enough for the edge.
Yes he made the highlight reel for getting under JWH's skin, he looked good in one game for the Warriors against the Tigers playing predominantly on an edge.
I just don't think he's the right type of forward for us right now. I personally think we need that bigger body, impact forward who can set more of a platform for the other forwards to piggy back off.

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Go watch Kiwis v Kangaroos 2018 end of year test then give yourself an uppercut

Also the indigenous vs Maori game from this year where Brandon scored 2 Tries and got Man of the match haha hasn’t been given many chances of playing hooker in first grade yet but he’s a big game player for sure

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Ah.

Adam Perry was out first choice hooker. Hughes came off the bench for the vast majority of the year.

Corey had some pivotal moments for us that year - namely that 40/20 against the Panthers. Real momentum shifter when we were under the pump.
That 40/20 was a massive fluke though.

Adam Perry is one tough nugget. He contributed so much to our 2004 success.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Tough nugget props that defended was the in thing 20 years ago. And halfbacks were the stars
Now hookers share equally with halfbacks the importance.
Some analysts Have been said hookers most influential position now

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah true I feel like half of TK has written him off after 2 games. Surely there’s something there with Stimson. Hopefully he’s fit come 2021
I won't judge our new strength and conditioning system until I see if we look like an 80 minute team next year. But I think at the very least if we're able to improve a lot there we'll be more competitive. This year we had periods in games when we looked very good. But they were balanced out by periods when we weren't able to halt our oppositions momentum while they ran in two or three tries.

But I agree on Stimson. Looked like he ran decent lines, defended with a bit of venom and offered support play at Melbourne. Was just making a name for himself in a roster with plenty of talent. Too soon to write him off after he missed most of the year with injury.