Official Bulldogs sign Jack Hetherington

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yup that is what happens. And that is a legit tactic in the right place. Problem we had this season was too often one of our middle forwards would try and put on a hit when the attack was within 20m of the try line, would fail to stick, and the opposition made use of the resulting gaps. Hopefully with the new coaching staff in place the players will be more disciplined in the right contexts.
Players just need to learn not to risk things within our red zone, clearly something Hetherington hasn't learned yet with the vicious high tackle on Taupau which was within their 10m. Ogden also does this sometimes too.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Players just need to learn not to risk things within our red zone, clearly something Hetherington hasn't learned yet with the vicious high tackle on Taupau which was within their 10m. Ogden also does this sometimes too.
Yup, its discipline and also working as a team. Hopefully coaching will see improvements made.

Just to highlight that our props really do need to improve their missed tackle %, here are the main props for the best defensive team this season. Tolman's defensive effort looks amazing in our pack this year, next to these blokes he looks normal:

Fisher-Harris (21 games) 5% missed tackles
Leota (21 games) 4.9%
Tamou (20 games) 1%
Tetevano (17 games) 3.1%

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Zero Tackle has him on 2 year contract with Player Option the 3rd year....effectively thats 3 years yeah?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm excited to see how he goes, but at the same time am realistic about my expectations.

He's not setting the world on fire as prop, no matter what people say. He definitely adds agression, which is awesome, but we'd really need to see a lot more from him. He'll need time to find his feet, and to make his mark at the Dogs which is what I'll be giving him.

However, feel those of you talking him up like he's the answer to all of our 'go forward' problems will be disappointed. Definitely got high hopes for him though and can't wait to see him giving it to all and sundry.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
some of those highlights are lol, just like normal tackles.

and funny humor by having the clip of him nailing Adam woods. Kennel humour.

the most interesting bits was right at the end, he seems to have genuine pace in the clear.
Pretty sure it’s more impressive than your highlight reel lol.

I guess if we are gunna pass to a front rower on the 4th when we are attacking I would rather Jack get the ball than Tolman

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good signing, now sit him down with some Geoff Robinson tapes & learn!