Bulldogs' Reynolds out of Dragons clash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That was in response to the quote below, which is asking me do I think Im Jesus. So in context that would mean what? That I am saying 'I am not different than thousands of other adults etc etc..'

So thanks for trying to make an arse out of me but what you are quoting is taken out of context.

Its the players decision mate. Most of them want to back up, no one is forcing them.

Broncos should be thankful they have so many representatives to lose to Origin. Who gives a fuck if the poor Broncos lose another comp because they have a Origin hangover. Poor Broncos have to call on seasoned professionals and former rep players Benji Marshall and David Mead to replace their current rep players at Origin. Must suck to be the Broncos.

Onto some more shit taken out of context.

Where did I say backing up from Origin is comparable to backing up in SG Ball and reserve grades?
I used Origin as an example of players backing up and the players attitudes are that you would prefer to backup within 5 days.
I used Origin as an example because apparently it is too much to back up from reserve grade to NRL but yet Origing players backup for another NRL game. And not only that, they want to backup. But Im pretty sure you knew what my point was.

I think you are overestimating the 'toll' it takes on players.

The prolonged compain about player welfare is the RLPA and they are always going to use player welfare as a bargaining chip in negotiations on all fronts.
How have I taken you out of context when I have reproduced your whole comment? You were the one who said they should harden up. You were the one talking about how your relo playing ball and then reggies. You were the one who introduced the notion that a couple of origin players can back up and play after a short turn around. I didn't mention nor edit any of that. The issue at hand is whether or not players playing in lower grades should then be allowed to play in FG. Your view (and I hope I haven't misunderstood it) is that you think they are a bunch of softies and that they should be able to do it because it really is just doing the same thing but for longer periods. My view is that in the modern game the intensity and physicality (as opposed to thuggery) is such that they can't do it and remain consistent and competitive. My view is backed up by every NRL related medical practitioner and coach while yours is shared by you and whoever. It's not me who's saying the players can't handle it; it is science. You don't have to like it or agree with it but there it is.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
How have I taken you out of context when I have reproduced your whole comment? You were the one who said they should harden up. You were the one talking about how your relo playing ball and then reggies. You were the one who introduced the notion that a couple of origin players can back up and play after a short turn around. I didn't mention nor edit any of that. The issue at hand is whether or not players playing in lower grades should then be allowed to play in FG. Your view (and I hope I haven't misunderstood it) is that you think they are a bunch of softies and that they should be able to do it because it really is just doing the same thing but for longer periods. My view is that in the modern game the intensity and physicality (as opposed to thuggery) is such that they can't do it and remain consistent and competitive. My view is backed up by every NRL related medical practitioner and coach while yours is shared by you and whoever. It's not me who's saying the players can't handle it; it is science. You don't have to like it or agree with it but there it is.
Because you were insinuating that I was comparing backing up in goup competitions and knockouts to backing up in the NRL. Did you even bother to read the pretext to my comment?

I was pointing out the fact that I backup for games, another poster questioned whether I was Jesus for backing up. To which I replied 'I' am just like thousands of others doing it every week and further elaborated my 17 year old cousin was/is doing it and infact I have seen him play in 4 different jerseys in one week.

My view is that it should be up to the players and that is the view held by majority of players who havent been castrated by the leftardisation of contact sports.

Last edited:

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is everyone concerned with this backing up rule? Brenko wasn't going to play regardless - he was dropped.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly it's dragons by at least 10 tomorrow. Will be surprised if Hasler sees out this season.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But you haven't played NRL level in 2017! No chance they'll allow anyone to play 2 games in 2 days, rlpa would be all over it!
It has been done many times in the past. The RLPA only complain if the player has to play two full fames back to back. If the player starts on the bench then there's no problem.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Another week without the parasite Reynolds, I am pleased to see this

Status
Not open for further replies.