Bulldogs player walks out

Belmore Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The more I hear the more I back the club, we are making standards and to wear the colours you need to live up to it.

I’m actually surprised 360 backed us, it just makes those who complain finding a future club unlikely.
Why wasn’t buzz on there??

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
" A cursory glance at Canterbury’s training schedule suggests as much. While there have been grumblings about the demanding working days at Belmore, some of them are over by lunchtime. " yeah these ***** cn go get fucked

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
This is one of the most clearly blatant examples of media narrative manipulation that I can remember. Two vastly different stories and perspectives on the matter. It’s shocking tbh.
They ran the story and 360 stuck up for CC and bily Moore n toovs stuck up for drawing the line in the sand. Gus on his Pod said it's a mental health issue and wasn't going to talk about it and said the media now know the story and would thinks the talk will stop knowing the nature of it. Next min 360 run 10min support of it and the articles last night add more shit. What is the player is fragile and hearing all the shit that's his weak for walking out and sooking for the treatment he got.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Before I read the article I thought it was going to be way worse. He wrestled for 10 minutes…. That’s all?
Hooper said 8 for 4 mins.

seems like this..

Simpsons Monkey Knife Fight | Know Your Meme

according to others..

The Simpsons Arcade fighting its way toward iPhone | Pocket Gamer

Regardless when you have people back us who don't normaly that tells you something.

Why wasn’t buzz on there??
Was hooper and some other person, dont know his name.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What’s wrong with being the Bulldogs of old?

Big, powerful, tough, relentless bunch of blokes that hated to lose, hated taking a backwards step, that had pride in the jersey and club and wanted to win for it themselves and never let their team mates down.

A team of Bulldogs that opposition teams hated playing against and always struggled to win against, that win or lose gave it their all and walked off the field bruised and sore but were ready to stick it up em again the next week …

What’s wrong with wanting to be the Bulldogs of old ?

Every time Topine plays he has a go, he’s probably had enough because Okunbor would get picked before him, and I can’t blame him.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ve worked it out… 7ft Giraffe Okenbur was asked to wrestle the late offender & believe it or not, he missed his target & that’s what’s set this player off!

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
SMH article
Bulldogs wrestling with age-old question of how hard to push their players
Adrian Proszenko

ByAdrian Proszenko
August 31, 2023 — 5.46am

There’s never a good time to dash a young footballer’s dreams, worse still when you have to do it a week before Christmas.
But sometimes that’s what the job entails and Craig Bellamy did just that.

About two decades ago, the Melbourne coach was struggling to split two promising players who were vying for the last spot in his squad.
An agonising decision was seemingly made easier when one of them suffered a serious leg injury. The youngster was told to return to Queensland and, if he recovered well, would be considered for selection the following season.

So you can imagine the Storm staff’s surprise when the kid with the bung leg presented for the final training session of the year, a brutal series of hill runs.
“Haven’t you got a broken leg?” he was asked.
The hopeful assured all and sundry that he was fine and began scampering up and down the steep ascent with the rest of the squad.
About midway through the torture session, Bellamy decided to investigate. The coach followed the players as they ran up behind a corrugated fence, which obscured the view of the other coaches at the bottom of the hill.
He witnessed the kid with the busted leg struggling to keep up as he pushed through the pain. However, just when he was about to fall behind the pack, one of his teammates ordered the squad to slow down, giving the straggler a chance to catch up.

“Hold up, we are finishing this together as a team,” said the group leader.
What he witnessed had made an impression on Bellamy.
When the session was over, he gathered everyone together.
“You,” Bellamy said pointing to the player with the busted leg, “are one tough bastard. You’re in the team.”

The whole squad cheered as one.
“And you,” said Bellamy singling out the ringleader, who slowed the session down just enough to ensure everyone finished it together, “are my captain.”
The kid with the busted leg, Dallas Johnson, went on to become a Bellamy favourite who represented his state and country. The newly appointed skipper was Cameron Smith.

It is these types of stories that frame our expectations of footballers. When Dylan Brown turned up to a time trial on his first day of Parramatta pre-season, he fell over the finish line so dehydrated that he was put on a drip and rushed to hospital in an ambulance.

“Two days later, he was right to go again,” Parramatta coach Brad Arthur said at the time. “He won the boys over. That shows his character. Tough kid.”
But what happens when the footballers are pushed too far? And how far is too far? When does pushing athletes to their limits become a hazing ritual?

These are timely questions given revelations that a Canterbury player sought leave after being forced to wrestle up to a dozen teammates for being late to training. One onlooker described the punishment as “brutal”, while another felt the standards the club is trying to reach weren’t being adhered to.
The Rugby League Players Association is looking into the matter, while the NRL also wants further information from the Bulldogs. However, coach Cameron Ciraldo and general manager Phil Gould remain unapologetic for trying to instil a harder edge.

“We’re the worst team in the competition right now,” Gould lamented.

Ciraldo, by Gould’s estimation, has come from the best team in the competition to the worst. The coach believes that no more is being asked of the Bulldogs than when he was helping oversee preparation of the Panthers.
A cursory glance at Canterbury’s training schedule suggests as much. While there have been grumblings about the demanding working days at Belmore, some of them are over by lunchtime.
The Bulldogs aren’t the only club grappling with how far to push its players. Over at South Sydney, the club has had to deny rumours that Latrell Mitchell and Cody Walker are being held to a lesser standard.

Assistant coach Sam Burgess raised the issue with coach Jason Demetriou and now he has gone, just days before the biggest game of the season, apparently to focus on his next job and becoming a father again.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Whoever is leaking this stuff needs to be identified and sacked. If the player in question is Topine so much for his bulldog spirit and love of the club. Proves he was never going to make it as an nrl player anyway.
It won't be just one player. But that small group need to be weeded out. Have the guts as the coach said to approach him and let him know what you feel. By the sounds of it he would be more than happy to accommodate your exit. Dragons are probably looking for players.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
SMH article
Bulldogs wrestling with age-old question of how hard to push their players
Adrian Proszenko

ByAdrian Proszenko
August 31, 2023 — 5.46am

There’s never a good time to dash a young footballer’s dreams, worse still when you have to do it a week before Christmas.
But sometimes that’s what the job entails and Craig Bellamy did just that.

About two decades ago, the Melbourne coach was struggling to split two promising players who were vying for the last spot in his squad.
An agonising decision was seemingly made easier when one of them suffered a serious leg injury. The youngster was told to return to Queensland and, if he recovered well, would be considered for selection the following season.

So you can imagine the Storm staff’s surprise when the kid with the bung leg presented for the final training session of the year, a brutal series of hill runs.
“Haven’t you got a broken leg?” he was asked.
The hopeful assured all and sundry that he was fine and began scampering up and down the steep ascent with the rest of the squad.
About midway through the torture session, Bellamy decided to investigate. The coach followed the players as they ran up behind a corrugated fence, which obscured the view of the other coaches at the bottom of the hill.
He witnessed the kid with the busted leg struggling to keep up as he pushed through the pain. However, just when he was about to fall behind the pack, one of his teammates ordered the squad to slow down, giving the straggler a chance to catch up.

“Hold up, we are finishing this together as a team,” said the group leader.
What he witnessed had made an impression on Bellamy.
When the session was over, he gathered everyone together.
“You,” Bellamy said pointing to the player with the busted leg, “are one tough bastard. You’re in the team.”

The whole squad cheered as one.
“And you,” said Bellamy singling out the ringleader, who slowed the session down just enough to ensure everyone finished it together, “are my captain.”
The kid with the busted leg, Dallas Johnson, went on to become a Bellamy favourite who represented his state and country. The newly appointed skipper was Cameron Smith.

It is these types of stories that frame our expectations of footballers. When Dylan Brown turned up to a time trial on his first day of Parramatta pre-season, he fell over the finish line so dehydrated that he was put on a drip and rushed to hospital in an ambulance.

“Two days later, he was right to go again,” Parramatta coach Brad Arthur said at the time. “He won the boys over. That shows his character. Tough kid.”
But what happens when the footballers are pushed too far? And how far is too far? When does pushing athletes to their limits become a hazing ritual?

These are timely questions given revelations that a Canterbury player sought leave after being forced to wrestle up to a dozen teammates for being late to training. One onlooker described the punishment as “brutal”, while another felt the standards the club is trying to reach weren’t being adhered to.
The Rugby League Players Association is looking into the matter, while the NRL also wants further information from the Bulldogs. However, coach Cameron Ciraldo and general manager Phil Gould remain unapologetic for trying to instil a harder edge.

“We’re the worst team in the competition right now,” Gould lamented.

Ciraldo, by Gould’s estimation, has come from the best team in the competition to the worst. The coach believes that no more is being asked of the Bulldogs than when he was helping oversee preparation of the Panthers.
A cursory glance at Canterbury’s training schedule suggests as much. While there have been grumblings about the demanding working days at Belmore, some of them are over by lunchtime.
The Bulldogs aren’t the only club grappling with how far to push its players. Over at South Sydney, the club has had to deny rumours that Latrell Mitchell and Cody Walker are being held to a lesser standard.

Assistant coach Sam Burgess raised the issue with coach Jason Demetriou and now he has gone, just days before the biggest game of the season, apparently to focus on his next job and becoming a father again.
Only difference is with the hype on our scenario...the guy who stopped the training session for the guy to catch up would have been called a soft cock and deserve to be dropped?

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Only difference is with the hype on our scenario...the guy who stopped the training session for the guy to catch up would have been called a soft cock and deserve to be dropped?
Why would he be called a soft cock in our situation? It's called leadership and ensuring that you are supporting your team mates. I'm sure if someone when that wrestling session said that's enough if they saw signs of distress coming from the player, then it would have stopped then. But no one did, they just watched. So that suggests there is a lack of leadership in the playing group if they were concerned.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watch the mental health card be used as a get out of jail when the players get revealed.

Such a cop out.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well I'm cautiously on board now. Hope he continues to be a hard arse.
Yeah me too bro, for our sakes.
Me as well, but it’s not like there is an alternative..Back them or another never ending cleanout of board, coaches and players.

Plus, I don’t think we will recover if we don’t make this work. Who the fuck would want coach or play for us in the future after the last 7 fucked up years…

They have to make this work..

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why would he be called a soft cock in our situation? It's called leadership and ensuring that you are supporting your team mates. I'm sure if someone when that wrestling session said that's enough if they saw signs of distress coming from the player, then it would have stopped then. But no one did, they just watched. So that suggests there is a lack of leadership in the playing group if they were concerned.
Or they felt they couldn't say anything at the time to support the player...a few may have wanted to? and now later they are called a snitch for possibly speaking up to give this player some support in this media blitz on him...the media will spin it worst case for the Bulldogs every time, every scenario.

There's always 2 sides to everything. We've only heard the media version.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Me as well, but it’s not like there is an alternative..Back them or another never ending cleanout of board, coaches and players.

Plus, I don’t think we will recover if we don’t make this work. Who the fuck would want coach or play for us in the future after the last 7 fucked up years…

They have to make this work..
but we’ve signed some players surely they know what our expectations are and if not then I doubt they sign and rock up to pre season and go “ohh sht, nup I’m leaving”

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
but we’ve signed some players surely they know what our expectations are and if not then I doubt they sign and rock up to pre season and go “ohh sht, nup I’m leaving”
The rest of the other 16 teams players will know whats going on within the team already after playing them probably.

If they are the kind of players we need, this blow up will probably reassure them that the poor results and attitude will be addressed and they aren't jeoparding their careers coming here.

In the end this should be a very positive outcome for the club...if Gus, coaches and Admin all stick together (which it seems we can have confidence in that continuing).

This, if anything, has strengthened the position of Khoury and our Board.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s obvious he has made the decision to prioritise standards over wins

Hopefully short term pain for long term success
Does anyone hear actually think about what there saying before they post?

“He’s prioritised standards over wins”
Dumbest shit ive ever read

So if he had demanded the lowest standards possible we wouldve racked up more wins?

Seriously lol. Think about what ur saying before u post