Bulldogs player walks out

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s downright torture!

I put it down to that happening after only a month or two of Ciro getting to know the players. Ray was one of, if not our most senior players. He loves the club and I’m sure from conversations between them and his position at the club, he thought he was the right guy for the club captaincy. Sadly it hasn’t worked out that way as it seems Ray isn’t happy with how hard the daily grind is. It’s sad because Ray loves the club and been around a long time, but the reality is, you need guys not just saying they love the club, but putting everything on the line for the club. Reed Mahoney has been heavily criticised, and justifiably so in some respects, however one thing you can rarely criticise about him is his determination. He’s a first year Bulldogs player but puts in more effort than most every week. I’m sure it’s why he was given captaincy.
This season has been one of the worst. So much optimism and look what we got on the weekend :upset:

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it’s pretty obvious who it is. Someone who is a fringe first grader that has disappeared.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Waddell instead of Okunbur with Skelton on the bench instead. He's had other options. Why hasn't Skelton gotten another run when he's averaged nearly 200m a game in 2 starts and played well against the Panthers?

Of course our team is weak either way but there's no excuse for giving up 40 every week for two months straight. Especially as a defensive coach..
Ive wondered why Skelton hasnt been picked. But I have no idea why. If he rocks up to training late, is disruptive, shows no respect for the coach and standards are being set, how can the coach pick him. Im not saying any of those are true. We simply dont know the facts as to why he isnt being picked. There must be good reason.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Spinning a wheel sounds like the dumbest shit ever. Just hand out the punishment, don't turn it into Wheel Of Fortune..

Just like the players doing their own film review is the dumbest shit ever, especially when we're getting thrashed every week. We're not a team on auto pilot like the Panthers are. We need the coaches to coach and lead.
Cameron Smith today confirmed Melbourne storm had the same system , TODAY a lot of successful ex league players have come out in support of Cameron Ciraldo. If anyone knows what standards should be in place it's cam smith

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Roosters don’t deserve to play finals. Robinson has outstayed his tenure. It’s embarrassing that this team needs to win against Souths & hope results go their way to scrap into the 8.
Based on expectations the most disappointing team of 2023.
ONE FKN JOB ****, ONE FKN JOB...

SMASH THE SCUM *****! The majority of the kennel will be cheering your boys this week

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cameron Smith today confirmed Melbourne storm had the same system , TODAY a lot of successful ex league players have come out in support of Cameron Ciraldo. If anyone knows what standards should be in place it's cam smith
100% correct.

That’s why Munster and cheese died their hair blonde a few years back

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I doubt Bellamy let's the players do their own film sessions after an embarrassing loss though.

I'm not calling for Ciraldo to get sacked. I'm not saying he can't turn things around. I hope he does because changing coaches every few years just sets everything back. I'm saying our performances over the last two months are concerning and it can't all be on the players. The coaches could have done things better along the way too. You don't finish 15th with a -350 for and against without the coaches also being partly responsible no matter how bad the players are.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I doubt Bellamy let's the players do their own film sessions after an embarrassing loss though.

I'm not calling for Ciraldo to get sacked. I'm not saying he can't turn things around. I hope he does because changing coaches every few years just sets everything back. I'm saying our performances over the last two months are concerning and it can't all be on the players. The coaches could have done things better along the way too. You don't finish 15th with a -350 for and against without the coaches also being partly responsible no matter how bad the players were.
good edit - big difference between does n dies

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
good edit - big difference between does n dies
Haha. Yeah that's not what I meant to say obviously.. Had to edit it before someone freaked out and claimed I wished ill upon him. :tearsofjoy:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
100% correct.

I just assumed because they both dared each other to after a massive Joey-esque coke and pill bender..

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% correct.

Yeah I don’t know how people have never noticed the trends of the punishments that players get when they’re late. It’s not new AT ALL.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All roads lead to Jackson Topine... he's a good kid so sad that he feels this way. From an on the field perspective, he never really shone even in Cup so happy for him to find another club elsewhere that aligns more with what he is expecting.