Bulldogs player walks out

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully they can settle this, get him out of the club and move on. It isn’t for everyone and unfortunately it’s not for him
Agree. Nothing against him personally and wishing him all the best with his mental health - he is going through a hard time and we have to respect that and all hope for the best of health for him.

Completely agree with you - it isn’t for everyone. As long as standards are clear and consistent, all players must question whether this is for them. I reckon, at this juncture and given the state of our millionth rebuild we are currently in, we should ask all players to commit to these expectations and standards and let them leave / break contracts without penalties if they don’t feel they can comply with these expectations and standards. That way, going forward, we know exactly where we stand and who we have that we can rely upon … and then .. where the gaps are. Start off 2024 fresh with a committed team, a defined culture and clear expectations as to what it it is to be a Bulldog!

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
He's assembled a pretty decent squad for Halser to come in and reap the rewards and get all the praise as usual even though he's had all the ground work done for him
He has assembled a very good team, but that team didn't win many games. Massively under achieved. A team and club with a future that doesn't want to do the dirty work like defend.. Holbrook got the balance wrong though.
DES walks in an already started over paying. Des(troyer) loves short term success, the stats may look ok but he leaves a trail of shit behind him.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure this pantherisation is only a stop gap till our juniors get there.
The roosters raided the Bulldogs to start their run back in the mid 2000s. You can't raid losing teams to set a winning culture right. Take the fringe guys from winning teams and build around them. When the right player comes buy them to get winning and hope the junior comes up to take the high priced player role. Then do it again with the next hole that needs to be filled. Gus done that at the Panthers. We had good junior systems, our last 2 comps were with many players who come through the system.

Last edited:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're trying to create a winning culture like Ciraldo said, then you don't repeatedly play underperforming players who put in no effort on the field. Especially fringe players like Perham and Okunbur that have no future at the club. I don't care how hard they train...
He doesn’t have other options though. Say what you will about his selections, he still afaic picks who he thinks is the best candidate. His problem is he has to choose between shit and more shit.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. Nothing against him personally and wishing him all the best with his mental health - he is going through a hard time and we have to respect that and all hope for the best of health for him.

Completely agree with you - it isn’t for everyone. As long as standards are clear and consistent, all players must question whether this is for them. I reckon, at this juncture and given the state of our millionth rebuild we are currently in, we should ask all players to commit to these expectations and standards and let them leave / break contracts without penalties if they don’t feel they can comply with these expectations and standards. That way, going forward, we know exactly where we stand and who we have that we can rely upon … and then .. where the gaps are. Start off 2024 fresh with a committed team, a defined culture and clear expectations as to what it it is to be a Bulldog!
Yep. Especially when the club is struggling and trying to “change the losing culture” they have to be tougher and some guys just can’t handle it. Along with him, there will be many more that will be gone in the off season. It seems that’s the conversation that they’ll be having with everyone and as Ciro just said, if they don’t want work hard they don’t have to be there.

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Topine is a little bitch

2 years ago at Revesby Workers he was having dinner and talking shit about the club because he said he doesn't understand why he can't get a good go in first grade

no coach has given him much of a chance. makes sense why

Him and whoever else doesn't like the standards can fuck off

no feeling sorry for shit blokes with shit attitudes

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciro doubling down.

I'm all for it if it means a change in culture.

Can't afford to keep chopping and changing head coaches - sounds like he's in it for the long haul.

If it means losing a few overpaid malingerers in the process, so be it.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He doesn’t have other options though. Say what you will about his selections, he still afaic picks who he thinks is the best candidate. His problem is he has to choose between shit and more shit.
Hungy Pecent
People bag the Perham selection and it is easier to see why but who knows how hard this guy works and folds into the culture they want. Not saying Perham gets picked with a better candicate ahead of him, but it may explain other non selctions eg Skelton that we cant seem to understand. I am not saying Skelton is lazy or any other speculation, but it may explain often repeated selctions & decisons.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perham shouldn't have played 20 odd games. Averillo should have been fullback.
Mate you usually talk sense but you’re ignoring or forgetting that he had to make changes because Kiraz and Burns were unavailable. He picked Alamoti and Averillo last week, probably because they were our best options. I don’t think Ciro is anything close to perfect, but some of his selections have been forced.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This has been lost in the muck but please remember part of the issue here is COVID resurgence and unnecessary full body contact in wrestling.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truth is, we dont know who is and is not meeting expectations. End of the day, people say, 'we wont attract players due to the hard work'. FFS what do you prefer? That, or being the Tigers where people join to cash a massive cheque with zero expectations? And lets be honest, we arent that far off that right now in the absence of the changes we are seeing.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Spinning a wheel sounds like the dumbest shit ever. Just hand out the punishment, don't turn it into Wheel Of Fortune..

Just like the players doing their own film review is the dumbest shit ever, especially when we're getting thrashed every week. We're not a team on auto pilot like the Panthers are. We need the coaches to coach and lead.
Bellamy does the spinning wheel

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate you usually talk sense but you’re ignoring or forgetting that he had to make changes because Kiraz and Burns were unavailable. He picked Alamoti and Averillo last week, probably because they were our best options. I don’t think Ciro is anything close to perfect, but some of his selections have been forced.
He could have put Skelton in and left Averillo at fullback. Okunbur should have been dropped months ago. You could play anyone instead of him. He concedes 2 tries a game most weeks and doesn't even chase hard once he's missed the tackle that led to the break. If Ciraldo is serious about film review, accountability, standards, hard work etc then how does that player keep getting picked when he's jogging after every break is made that he was the cause of?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the first few months of the season I agree but the last few months we've been closer to full strength and a lot of the players I'm talking about replacing like Okunbur, Perham etc aren't exactly indispensable or irreplaceable even in an injury crisis.
Who would you have picked last week? We didn’t have Burns and Kiraz. We needed two centres. Avo has played plenty there, particularly this season so that was an obvious choice and Alamoti is the best of a bad bunch of other options.

You’re making out there are all these other better options, but I just don’t see it. Who else but Okunbor? Topine? No RFM or Preston in recent weeks. Ciro literally had no 9ne besides Kautoga or Lipoi Hopoi ffs! Of course he’s picking the much more experienced Okunbor. I don’t like it as much as anyone else, but we simply have such poor stocks of fit players. Even fully fit we’re weak.

Edit: Dude you also named TPJ and Sutton and you think there’s better options?! Hughes? Maybe but is still young and raw. Pele and Tanner are literally the only other props. This just highlights how bad our reserve grade stocks are.

Reactions: J_B

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right so you agree.

Inside knowledge.

Or do you think you know more from mummy's basement?

You really are a bad TROLL. Not even trying anymore
I could tell u plenty from ur mummy’s bed