Bulldogs player walks out

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's all good to say drop them but replace with who? Reed isn't a bad defender he is just doing way to much in the middle needs help. He is always the 1st one up, kiks is underdone and that pom shouldnt had been forced to play 3 full reserve grade games before called up.
I'm not saying to drop Reed. But he should be benched more often during games when he's defending as poorly as he has, he's overdoing it in attack or he's so gassed. He's missed 121 tackles this season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mason is a Gus puppet & will say what Gus says is happening.
Not a puppet, just pushing the club line because he's an employee. The club/Gus have pushed multiple different narratives this season and our fans continually buy into all of them despite Gus getting caught out numerous times. A good one was using the you guys as an example. He said you can't compare us to the Broncos because they have a whole state to pick from blah blah blah. He then later compared us to the Broncos and started listing players in their spoon team that are still at the club now when it's successful lol

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I love this shit.

Club finally taking control of the playing roster and setting some standards.

Run these ***** into the ground and see who's left standing. Only then will we see who's worthy of putting on our jersey.
Summed up the situation perfectly … exactly what should be happening … this is the path to getting us back to the top …

A bit of “ Yes Sir Drill Sergeant !!! marine type discipline is needed .. toughen these fairy floss kids up a bit ..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Always easy to sit back and critique from a keyboard after an event than say your a right. Go support Holbrook roosters need more like you. Clean your chin even that downy **** has standards.
How about all you leave and give me back our club? That sounds much better. You should all go support Panthers instead of supporting this disgusting Pantherisation our our great club.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
THen Folkes had to rebuild the club when it became the old Folkes home in 2000. He shook up the roster, and with Billy Johnson training the guts out of them had them firing in a few years. Thing is we also had pathways then that we could draw off, those are still to bear fruit in this timeline.
But by that point Folkes had proven he can coach, he had the respect of the playing group, he could inspire and he can get more out of less with players that weren't stars. Ciraldo hasn't proven any of that yet... In fact most of our best players have gotten way worse.. Maybe next year he does better, but having a mutiny at the club isn't a good look for any coach, especially when it's numerous players. And the results and defence haven't exactly inspired confidence either.

Ciraldo has a lot to prove next year. He also needs to look at himself and what he can improve and do better as a coach. It's one thing to ask the players to be accountable but the coaches need to be as well.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How about all you leave and give me back our club? That sounds much better. You should all go support Panthers instead of supporting this disgusting Pantherisation our our great club.
I’m pretty sure this pantherisation is only a stop gap till our juniors get there.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I'm not saying to drop Reed. But he should be benched more often during games when he's defending as poorly as he has, he's overdoing it in attack or he's so gassed. He's missed 121 tackles this season.
Yes he needs a spell and flanno can play 9 for 10 to 15. Agree he is gased. I said before he is over playing his hand at 9 but either it's coached or feels like he has to because we offer nothing. His defence is always going to be a few misses because he rushes up and is initial contact be gets bounced off but he does but his body there. More missed tackles come late in the games. He needs help in the middle he can't be both for us. Out edge def is more concerning than middle for me.

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
SMH Article.

Ciraldo demands Bulldogs standards improve after ‘brutal’ training punishment
Adam Pengilly
ByAdam Pengilly
August 30, 2023 — 10.03am

Cameron Ciraldo has defended the Bulldogs’ push to increase standards at the club after a player walked out on the club when forced to wrestle up to a dozen teammates in a row for being late to training, a punishment described as “brutal” by one onlooker.While stressing he would not directly address an allegation one of the squad’s top 30 players was used as “shark bait” — a wrestling term for being made to take on challengers continuously — the Bulldogs coach doubled down on his bid to drag the club out of the NRL basement.
https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/javascript:void(0);
The player hasn’t returned to the club since the incident, and one person who witnessed the session speaking on the condition of anonymity said the player was left physically and emotionally scarred after the training punishment.
This masthead has chosen not to name the player because of concerns over his mental health.

Ciraldo said the Bulldogs have used several methods to punish players who didn’t meet the club’s standards, including fines and spinning a wheel which would determine a sanction.
“We’ve gone through a range of different ways of talking about holding standards,” Ciraldo said on Wednesday.

“Some of that’s been monetary related, some of it’s been spinning a wheel and then some of that’s been trying to find ways to change behaviours.
“The reality is we need to change behaviours here, and I think we’ve done a good job of that throughout the season. And I feel really sorry for the fans that we are where we are. It doesn’t seem like we’ve taken steps forward this year on the same wins as last year.

“We definitely haven’t taken steps back.”
The Rugby League Players’ Association have been made aware of the wrestling incident, which has emerged in the same week the Bulldogs finish their season against the Titans on the Gold Coast.
Asked whether he hoped the player would return to the club, or for more specifics about the training incident, Ciraldo said it was a “sensitive issue” and declined to comment but added “at different times we’ve wanted to put some standards in place and if you’re late we have to do something”.
Online speculation a number of Bulldogs players are unhappy with Ciraldo’s training demands and length of time he expects them at the club was refuted by the coach. He said his former club Penrith, where he helped Ivan Cleary to back-to-back premierships, had far greater demands on their players.
“No one has come to me and told me they’re complaining about long days,” he said. “We’ve got a [Jersey] Flegg group [under-21s] in here that do weights at five o’clock in the morning, go and work for 10 hours and come back and do field [sessions] at 5.30 in the afternoon. That’s a long day.

“The way those guys are going about their business is showing they are the future [of the] Bulldogs and that’s who we are going to build the club around.”
Asked whether the culture was right at the Bulldogs, Ciraldo said: “We’ve been losing so clearly the culture is not exactly right.”
The Bulldogs will finish the year third from bottom regardless of their final round result. The club hasn’t made the finals since 2016.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Lol wtf what a tool. Give me back my club lol. We should start recruiting from tigers or dragons or Titans and than sign Holbrook. Than get flanno to run out high performance system . Fucking douche.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh just sounds like lazy players not buying in. Good riddance.

Like it or not CC has probably brought I've the Pathers style trainings because it obviously works.

You don't have to be a special kind of player to buy into hard work, anyone can do that.

Weed out the weak

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
or they are driven and want to make it into first grade, he did also say that’s what he wants to build the team around too and I agree with him (for a change) 100%.
I was being sarcastic, CC got the gig because he knows the plan is to build a pathways and use that for future success at the detriment of short term success.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For the first few months of the season I agree but the last few months we've been closer to full strength and a lot of the players I'm talking about replacing like Okunbur, Perham etc aren't exactly indispensable or irreplaceable even in an injury crisis.
yh the backline is much easier to accommodate to replace perham which should of been done much earlier

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
identify this person , and fuck them off real quick !
"and one person who witnessed the session speaking on the condition of anonymity said the player was left physically and emotionally scarred after the training punishment."

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully they can settle this, get him out of the club and move on. It isn’t for everyone and unfortunately it’s not for him