Bulldogs player walks out

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mason nd Reni was having a go at the Dogs a few years ago. he said the exact same thing then. Said when you were at the Dogs you trained hard. If you couldn't take it you weren't a bulldog, and they needed to get back to that. he is not pushing anyone's narrative other than his own and to suggest that he would you don't have a clue.
How about you go back and have a listen to Mason during preseason and the early rounds. He talked about how amazing preseason was, how hard everyone was working, how proud he was of the boys and how happy he was to see them do well. Now the players are soft lmao. Fuck up. All you dinosaurs and panther fucks can fuck off.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
If you're trying to create a winning culture like Ciraldo said, then you don't repeatedly play underperforming players who put in no effort on the field. Especially fringe players like Perham and Okunbur that have no future at the club. I don't care how hard they train...

If he's picking a team solely based on effort, form and merit, then those players (and our supposed star players) wouldn't have played as many games.

Ciraldo talks these things up and has done since the preseason but most of the time his actions don't back that up.
Who is missing that should start? Skelton maybe but the wingers we have doesn't deserve to be dropped. I don't see anyone from reserve grade busting the door and reserve grade have lost 6 or 7 in a row. I double anyone else can bring something different. Blooding more young players in the team getting beat easily isnt the right thing to do. I will say TPJ shouldn't get a run he clocked off weeks ago and doesn't deserve a run. Bad example set

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you're trying to create a winning culture like Ciraldo said, then you don't repeatedly play underperforming players who put in no effort on the field. Especially fringe players like Perham and Okunbur that have no future at the club. I don't care how hard they train...

If he's picking a team solely based on effort, form and merit, then those players (and our supposed star players) shouldn't have played as many games.

Ciraldo talks accountability and standards up and has done since the preseason, but most of the time his actions don't back up those words. He'd earn more respect from the squad and fans if he dropped or benched repeat offenders and his favourites more often.
i get it but injuries haven't helped though this season, can't exactly drop underperforming players when we dont have anyone else to replace them with. hopefully next season it'll be different

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The players go from bludging at training and earning easy money without any success to receiving a kick up the arse and told the bludging is over and higher expectations and accountability is placed on every player and all we hear coming out of the club are sooks complaining it's too hard. Oh please, play the violins.

Anyone wanting to put blame on Gould and CC are obviously content with the unprofessionalism within the club and where we stand on the table over the past 6+ years.

You won't find success by doing the same things that have got you nowhere in the past. We should be praising those who have taken a stance and have the balls to shake up the club to go chase success again.

Some ask what has happened to this once great club? Well don't you want someone like Gould and CC to do everything and anything to get us back where we belong? It's exactly what they are trying to do and Gould of all people knows what it was like in those good old days because he breathed it, he slept it and he lived it all for the club that he knows more than anyone what is required to get back to those good old days.

We should all support and trust the process because no player is bigger than the club and if they don't want to stick by the club like you and I have inparticular most recently over the years then that player/s don't deserve mine or your support because he doesn't have the passion or commitment for this club like we do. Gould and CC have that passion and commitment, so we should be greatful and stand by them while we chase success again.....and WE WILL!!!
The hypocrisy in all this is that Gus and CC are quite happy to preach that this is 10 year plan, yet they want to change standards overnight by blowing up the joint.

What is wrong with improving standards year on year just like your "guaranteed" 10 year plan?

These are the same players that put in earlier in the year when we were down on troops. They have it in them to play as first graders.

But CC should look long and hard at himself and his training methods and schedules coz we fizzed out after the halfway point in the season.

Blowing up the club every 2 years is not the answer. Recruiting the best players (not on potential) is what these guys should be doing. Instead they keep to their scattergun approach of trying to unearth the next big things.

Any idiot can keep rolling the dice and eventually get a 6.....

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get the concern for mental health, but the club is rebuilding and needs mental toughness and resilience not fragility.

If a player has mental health concerns, best get him out of a club that is going to expect those qualities. Maybe another club or the UK will be able to bend to his mental needs more.
I’m a big proponent of mental health awareness, but I see it as two separate issues. Obviously someone’s mental state is intrinsic to them as a person, so you have to treat them kindly and compassionately, but if the training or other workload of the job is too much for them mentally, you have to let them go. You do it in a kind way, not just “you’re shit, fuck off”…

I suffer from mental health issues and know that I couldn’t (even if I was young enough to play) be up to the rigours of professional sport. If the mental issues of the player aren’t related to the job, then it’s a HR issue and you support the player and try to get them better. You support thhhhgthem whatever the cause of their struggles. The problem with mental health issues are they might not be treatable to a level satisfactory enough to continue an NRL career. Think of Angus Crichton here. I knowmhe came back after many weeks out, but I don’t recall him playing recently? If not he may have another injury. Darius Boyd and Greg Inglis both had inpatient treatment and played on.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who is missing that should start? Skelton maybe but the wingers we have doesn't deserve to be dropped. I don't see anyone from reserve grade busting the door and reserve grade have lost 6 or 7 in a row. I double anyone else can bring something different. Blooding more young players in the team getting beat easily isnt the right thing to do. I will say TPJ shouldn't get a run he clocked off weeks ago and doesn't deserve a run. Bad example set
We're giving up 40 a game and losing by 20 plus most weeks... Perham shouldn't have played 20 odd games. Averillo should have been fullback. Okunbur you could replace with a fold up chair and it'd do a better job defensively..

Skelton should have played way more games. Mahoney and Burton should have been benched at stages during games for horrible efforts defensively and dumb play in attack to send a message if he's true to his word of standards and accountability.

Like you said TPJ shouldn't have kept being picked, nor should RFM or Sutton if they're part of the group that's talked shit and want to leave. Things like that make no sense. Again, those three plus Perham and Okunbur are easily replaceable

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How about you go back and have a listen to Mason during preseason and the early rounds. He talked about how amazing preseason was, how hard everyone was working, how proud he was of the boys and how happy he was to see them do well. Now the players are soft lmao. Fuck up. All you dinosaurs and panther fucks can fuck off.
Mason is a Gus puppet & will say what Gus says is happening.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How's Holbrook going ****. Mr I'm never wrong.
Maybe I am never wrong. Said we were fucked this season yet all you puppets fell for the preseason hype and have now turned on practically every player. Fucking jerking yourselves over Gus signing Sutton and are now all on your knees begging for him to leave.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bear in mind Folkes in his first year in 98 had us struggling for most of the year until he dropped the captain Simon Gillies and we went on a run to get the last finals spot and then make the Grand Final..

Folkes backed up his words about accountability and standards by sending a huge message by dropping the captain. Ciraldo can't even drop his favourites Perham and Okunbur for more than a game or two before bringing them back in for a few weeks straight...

Ciraldo needs to take a leaf out of Folkes' book by actually practising accountability instead of just talking about it...

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
We're giving up 40 a game and losing by 20 plus most weeks... Perham shouldn't have played 20 odd games. Averillo should have been fullback. Okunbur you could replace with a fold up chair and it'd do a better job defensively..

Skelton should have played way more games. Mahoney and Burton should have been benched at stages during games for horrible efforts defensively and dumb play in attack to send a message if he's true to his word of standards and accountability.

Like you said TPJ shouldn't have kept being picked, nor should RFM or Sutton if they're part of the group that's talked shit and want to leave. Things like that make no sense. Again, those three plus Perham and Okunbur are easily replaceable
That's all good to say drop them but replace with who? Reed isn't a bad defender he is just doing way to much in the middle needs help. He is always the 1st one up, kiks is underdone and that pom should have been forced to play 3 full reserve grade games before called up.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
i get it but injuries haven't helped though this season, can't exactly drop underperforming players when we dont have anyone else to replace them with. hopefully next season it'll be different
For the first few months of the season I agree but the last few months we've been closer to full strength and a lot of the players I'm talking about replacing like Okunbur, Perham etc aren't exactly indispensable or irreplaceable even in an injury crisis.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Bear in mind Folkes in his first year in 98 had us struggling for most of the year until he dropped the captain Simon Gillies and we went on a run to get the last finals spot and then make the Grand Final..

Folkes backed up his words about accountability and standards by sending a huge message by dropping the captain. Ciraldo can't even drop his favourites Perham and Okunbur for more than a game or two before bringing them back in for a few weeks straight...

Ciraldo needs to take a leaf out of Folkes' book by actually practising accountability instead of just talking about it...
THen Folkes had to rebuild the club when it became the old Folkes home in 2000. He shook up the roster, and with Billy Johnson training the guts out of them had them firing in a few years. Thing is we also had pathways then that we could draw off, those are still to bear fruit in this timeline.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Maybe I am never wrong. Said we were fucked this season yet all you puppets fell for the preseason hype and have now turned on practically every player. Fucking jerking yourselves over Gus signing Sutton and are now all on your knees begging for him to leave.
Always easy to sit back and critique from a keyboard after an event than say your a right. Go support Holbrook roosters need more like you. Clean your chin even that downy **** has standards.

• Haha
Reactions: J_B