Bulldogs player walks out

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We are stacked in the backline if Burton is rightfully moved there. I'd rather lose Fox before Kiraz though.
Burton isn't getting moved sadly. He will be the 6 next season. Xerri hasn't played in 4 years. Wilson & Skelton aren't proven. I think we need all the help that we can get.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Remember when you.used to bitch about the Ferris wheel ? Now you wanna bitch about our training is too hard ? When are you.gonna bitch about the players that thinks training is too hard ? Or is that not on your agenda ?
"Too hard" lmao. Shut the fuck up.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bit random, but was recently working with a young bloke who is really into his martial arts. He was telling me about the grading for a black belt (or higher), and he explained that in order to pass the grading, the student would spar several other students in full contact for at least a couple of hours with minimal breaks. Some of these students are aged early to mid teens. I asked this young bloke his thoughts on this as it sounds pretty brutal. He just smiled and said we love it.
Well along those lines I think it’s hilarious how some people take this statement originally published by the turdgraph as gospel, but not only that, they think it’s abominable treatment if it is true. Like wtf, the players get absolutely flogged in preseason, what’s the difference if they’re made to do extras?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The injury report from the club said a grade 3 sprain. I superficially tore my ACL with the same injury but didn't have a full ACL tear thankfully. Whereas my MCL and Meniscus were full tears. So basically you can have a partial tear or superficial tear without a complete tear if that makes sense.

Unfortunately now since my injury I know too much about this shit. Haha. And even more respect and empathy for athletes that deal with multiple injuries and rehab etc.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Ciraldo started with a lot of belief the players would dig deep for the Dogs and him. He soon realised, they were stuck in mediocre mode, complacent as fuck and he began to get resentful and bitter as they were not responding to his attempts to lift the standards and break out of this rut.

I think where Ciraldo needs help, is he needs to know how to be assertive, not passive aggressive and aggressive, to the point of disrespecting the players and causing them to get worse rather than to face their limitations and get real.

Its not easy, but he really needs to balance his approach - going from one extreme of over trusting them to suddenly taunting them for being crap is our job as fans not his! He needs to get back into his professional coaching lane!

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Who gives a shit this would happen all the time at footy clubs they train hard and sometimes players break. We have become a target for journos chasing a story and drama to write about it. Storm in a teacup

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What are the odds it’s Edwards? :p lol wasn’t he”dropped” this week? Haha. It’s probably some no name.

Anyways. We have probably a handful of players who are nrl standard. Literally Jac, kiraz, Burton, mahoney, Preston, kikau. They are the only players who would get interest from other clubs.

I doubt Waddell, perham, pele, sexton, rfm, flange, okunbor would be on too many teams list of must haves. Sure they might be squad players but don’t any run out in the 17 like they did for us.

We need 20 first grade standard players, 2-3 hard cup players and 10 young kids looking for opportunity. The more I think of it the more I think that we are in shambles. Worst roster, worst playing group. And now to top it off. They aren’t willing to do the work to improve. Maybe ciro is what we need. It’s just the players aren’t up for the challenge.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People keep saying that CC came from the Panthers, but he does not have the aura obviously.
I remember Ben Barba saying that when Des first arrived, the players were scared of him and had great respect for him because he just won a premiership and because of that the players did not want to let him down and were pretty much scared if they did.
Thats the difference.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I read online he completed the training session. He accepted the punishment and had not walked out on the club. But had requested time away for mental health reasons. So I think the club has leaked this information to put the pressure on him.