Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I would like to see the dogs chase off contract titans hooker Matt Srama. He is young and is a great player who will be a top replacement for michael ennis. He has first-grade experience and can teach young guns moses Mbye and Michael Lichaa the tricks of the trade and prepare them for first grade.
A vetran of 62 games, he wouldn't prepare or teach those guys anything IMO, that being said he is a very handy player

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Is this Michael Morgan? Fat kient lol. Or is that Rona? Can't be..

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I heard off the grapevine that we are in the process of signing another forward. Not a big name signing and returning to NRL from overseas. Probably there just for back up.
FORMER Australian prop Antonio Kaufusi has left Super League side Huddersfield Giants to return home to Australia to potentially pursue an NRL deal for 2015.

The former Melbourne Storm enforcer still had a year to run on his contract but has been granted a release by the club to pursue an opportunity home in Australia.

“I have enjoyed my time in the UK but we have decided as a family to return home,” Kaufusi says.

“I know I had next year at the Giants but an opportunity has appeared back home for us which we want to pursue at this stage. I would like to thank all my coaches and team mates for a most enjoyable year and the supporters too who have been great to me and my family.

“I leave the club in great shape and look forward to watching their development and in particular the younger props at Huddersfield who I think have a great future in game if they keep working hard.”

At 29, Kaufusi is certainly young enough to enjoy a successful second-stint in the NRL and his experience and size could come in handy for a number of clubs, including the Dragons and the Knights who have publically stated their intention to add quality props to their 2015 roster.

It is however unclear whether Kaufusi will look to pursue a playing contract or take up another role upon his return to Australia.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Minute would be a loss. Strange that he couldn't get an NRL spot. Going to play NSW Cup for Balmain isn't a great career opp..

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
FORMER Australian prop Antonio Kaufusi has left Super League side Huddersfield Giants to return home to Australia to potentially pursue an NRL deal for 2015.

The former Melbourne Storm enforcer still had a year to run on his contract but has been granted a release by the club to pursue an opportunity home in Australia.

“I have enjoyed my time in the UK but we have decided as a family to return home,” Kaufusi says.

“I know I had next year at the Giants but an opportunity has appeared back home for us which we want to pursue at this stage. I would like to thank all my coaches and team mates for a most enjoyable year and the supporters too who have been great to me and my family.

“I leave the club in great shape and look forward to watching their development and in particular the younger props at Huddersfield who I think have a great future in game if they keep working hard.”

At 29, Kaufusi is certainly young enough to enjoy a successful second-stint in the NRL and his experience and size could come in handy for a number of clubs, including the Dragons and the Knights who have publically stated their intention to add quality props to their 2015 roster.

It is however unclear whether Kaufusi will look to pursue a playing contract or take up another role upon his return to Australia.
That is not really a good signing for us. I would rather go after a hard hitter like mose masoe the former roosters and panthers forward currently playing for samoa in the four nations. He is a great signing for any club.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Marley,
What you need to consider is that you are simply creating a subjective set of criteria. From your subjective (opinion based) set of criteria you are simply providing your opinion.
The problem is you discuss your opinions as fact, which they are not. There is such a tone over of absolute assuredness in your remarks which implies naivety or delusion.
I am not saying you are naive or delusional however you discuss your opinions as fact which such blinding relentlessness that it makes us consider you are not really discussing his playing ability. Instead it feels you judging him as a person. Your tone of vicious condemnation suggests an agenda other than his football ability.
It is frustrating to read this constantly.

Note: I am not saying you are wrong but please dont assume you are right
I am still waiting for the day someone tells me what he does well as a half? no one can seem to do this. Im sorry but it is a fact that he is a grub and does not play in the spirit of the game, i don't know how anyone could think other than this. I am done talking about Reynolds until the next time someone wants to compare Foran and Reynolds as players.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Players the dogs should look at for 2015:

Mitchell Dodds (Broncos)
John Folau (Eels)
Luke Kelly (Eels)
Sione Masima (Sharks)
Nathan Gardner (Sharks)
Jy Hitchcox (Tigers)
Matt Srama (Titans)
Michael Sio (Warriors)
Masada Iosefa (Sea Eagles)
Mose Masoe (free agent)
Luke capewell (Panthers)
Anthony Cherrington (Panthers)
Kyle Stanley (Dragons)

Im not saying sign all of them but at least have a look at a few and consider bringing a few fresh faces to the club and add depth to the squad to cover for injuries and rep games such as state of origin.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Mitchell Dodds (Broncos)
John Folau (Eels)
Luke Kelly (Eels)
Sione Masima (Sharks)
Nathan Gardner (Sharks)
Jy Hitchcox (Tigers)
Matt Srama (Titans)
Michael Sio (Warriors)
Mose Masoe (free agent)
Luke capewell (Panthers)
Kyle Stanley (Dragons)

Im not saying sign all of them but at least have a look at a few and consider bringing a few fresh faces to the club and add depth to the squad to cover for injuries and rep games such as state of origin.
What the ****? Dodds? Are you serious? Almost that entire list is rubbish

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don't think we need to add anyone really. I dare say there's a few new faces in the lower grades that we don't know about yet.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like our squad now to be honest I like it a lot if we get a decent run of luck with injuries etc I'm confident of another big year. Our back line has been the major weakness and we've def improved on that. Only a few more months now

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like our squad now to be honest I like it a lot if we get a decent run of luck with injuries etc I'm confident of another big year. Our back line has been the major weakness and we've def improved on that. Only a few more months now
I'm a lot more confident going into this coming season than I was last season. 2015 bring it on!!!!

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score

Mitchell Dodds (Broncos)
John Folau (Eels)
Luke Kelly (Eels)
Sione Masima (Sharks)
Nathan Gardner (Sharks)
Jy Hitchcox (Tigers)
Matt Srama (Titans)
Michael Sio (Warriors)
Mose Masoe (free agent)
Luke capewell (Panthers)
Kyle Stanley (Dragons)

Are all these players off contract?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm a lot more confident going into this coming season than I was last season. 2015 bring it on!!!!
Yeah same mate this time last year I was just hoping we'd scrape into the eight. I feel similar to the start of 2013 season I had high hopes heading into that year, better not be a repeat, oh hang on there is no Barbara anymore phew..

Status
Not open for further replies.