Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would leave for an extra 30k if in same state, but would probably not pack up if I had to move to qld

To put in perspective 150k a year is $2004 per week after tax

And 120k a year is $1650 per week after tax

For an extra 354 per week, is it worth it to move to another state?
Well thats exactly right.

Do you stay with a successful team that will win a GF very shortly & increase your value or move for $354/week?

Then again $354/week is rent for some.

As Ive said "Thats a hard one".

If I was is his situation I would stay, try to become a rep player & earn the big bucks. I highly doubt Griffen will get me there.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is if you are moving to a place with a lower cost of living with a better environment for your young family (if he has one) or to find one ;-) (if he doesn't)

I would have moved for that much at his age to live in Brisbane.
Fair enough

Each to their own, I guess am looking at it from my perspective..

But yeh, I guess if we dont offer him a contract next season, he might eant to move on early

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well that exactly right.

Do you stay with a successful team that will win a GF very shortly & increase your value or move for $354/week?

Then again $354/week is rent for some.

As Ive said "Thats a hard one".

If I was is his situation I would stay, try to become a rep player & earn the big bucks. I highly doubt Griffen will get me there.
Agree 100% bud..

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is if you are moving to a place with a lower cost of living with a better environment for your young family (if he has one) or to find one ;-) (if he doesn't)

I would have moved for that much at his age to live in Brisbane.
Im sure Brisbane is cheaper but whats wrong with Sydney (better environment)?

B

BoonReturns

Im sure Brisbane is cheaper but whats wrong with Sydney (better environment)?
More relaxed and less hustle and bustle. Nothing wrong with Sydney, but you live their for the work opportunities.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
More relaxed and less hustle and bustle. Nothing wrong with Sydney, but you live their for the work opportunities.
All good bud. Who do you follow in SOO?

Also have you lived in Sydney at all or are you a born QLDer?

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NSW born and bred. Live north of Sydney. Central Coast.
You support who in SOO?

I always thought the Central Coast would be similar to Brisbane anyway.

Ettalong, one of my favorite spots to relax.

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So we are paying him 240k in total till end of 2015 and broncos offer 225k for the same period and you think someone is stupid enough to take that. Come on
Are you playing with the full deck.
120 for this year only. His contract is up end of this year.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
True but there is plenty of time this year for him to step up & become dominate. Klemmer is doing just that!
He's not a bad player, I think he can't do much more, it's now in dessies hands as to whether he wants to offer him a contract. Is he better than some of the younger guys everyone talks about and is it worth losing players like Burr, minute, perret etc to keep him.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's not a bad player, I think he can't do much more, it's now in dessies hands as to whether he wants to offer him a contract. Is he better than some of the younger guys everyone talks about and is it worth losing players like Burr, minute, perret etc to keep him.
The salary cap is a bitch. Im happy for Des & Ralene to balance the books.

Then again if Brown whats to make an impact, here is his time.

Its great for the club to have its players fighting hard for positions & contracts.

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
PHP:
True but there is plenty of time this year for him to step up & become dominate. Klemmer is doing just that!
I think he's doing ok. Happy for him to stay. I'm just saying Brisbane have offered him a contract for next year and we haven't.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The salary cap is a bitch. Im happy for Des & Ralene to balance the books.
True, for some of these players they're better off taking a bit less to stay with us as we have great facilities, coach, culture etc. How many of our players go elsewhere and never play like they did with us

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ask a supporter from any other team that doesn't look at him with blue and white goggles. He is simply an average NRL player. Wouldn't get a start in any NRL team.
He is it that bro, he comes on to bend the line when needed and he isn't that bad of a defender nor a small/slow unit. If he goes and the hype of Loyd Perrett is true the we will have another dynamic prop in the team ready, if we can keep Browne that would be great he seems like a good bloke and well like around the club plus he did drop Barba (automatic win haha!)

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think whats been lost in all this is the ****ing broncos trying to entice another dogs player to leave mid contract

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think whats been lost in all this is the ****ing broncos trying to entice another dogs player to leave mid contract
In normal circumstances yes but we should all be thankful they took Barba off our hands.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
If it comes down to Brown or Loyd Perret I know who I'd pick. A solid player who will never be anything more than that vs a young up and comer with endless potential who could be a leader for the next decade, it's a no brainer

Status
Not open for further replies.