Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really a massive case of what could have been. Seasons 2006 - 2009 at the very least would've been so different if he was leading our pack around, Sherwin had completely lost his touch by then.
We made the preliminary finals in 06 and 07 with sherwin and 07 was his last year

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Yepp he admitted that he cried in the car when they told him that they couldn't offer him a contract, was willing to take a massive pay cut, imo 1 of the biggest fk ups in our clubs history
Ah, that's awful. Even though he's Queensland-born, I have so much respect for Thurston.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOLLL... what a load of BS! we didn't let Thurston go, he left us because the cowboys offered him a chance to play first grade as opposed to playing reserve grade and or off the bench. Thurston was stuck behind Sherwin and Anasta who were supposed to be our long term halves pairing before the infamous fall out resulting from Anasta sleeping with Sherwins wife so please save us from your Danny Weidler esq reporting.
Yeah because I jump on here to start rumours to get you all excited whatever mate not here to argue with you just posted what I was told a very long time ago from a few different people close to the club. If you want to believe that they thought anasta was our future 5/8 and were not going to give thurston the chance even though anasta got pushed to lock and thurston was 5/8 before he broke his leg. Go ahead lol think what you want ☺

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind bulldogs signing any of these players for a fast backline...

Marika Koroibete , Josh Mansour and Reece Robinson they are all off-contract and reece robinson can play fb also lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind bulldogs signing any of these players for a fast backline...

Marika Koroibete , Josh Mansour and Reece Robinson they are all off-contract and reece robinson can play fb also lol
Imagine this backline:

1. Tedesco
2. Mansour
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Robinson

*passes around the tissues*

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah because I jump on here to start rumours to get you all excited whatever mate not here to argue with you just posted what I was told a very long time ago from a few different people close to the club. If you want to believe that they thought anasta was our future 5/8 and were not going to give thurston the chance even though anasta got pushed to lock and thurston was 5/8 before he broke his leg. Go ahead lol think what you want ☺
Rubbish.

Granted that Thurston started the season 5/8, but how do you drop one of your halves (Anasta) when you are sitting on top of the table, and why didnt Thurston start the grand final at 5/8?

At that stage, Anasta was the next big thing in league, and they made a judgement call to keep him over Thurston..

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Imagine this backline:

1. Tedesco
2. Mansour
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Robinson

*passes around the tissues*
Man that would be awesome and insane with all the attack available lol

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rubbish.

Granted that Thurston started the season 5/8, but how do you drop one of your halves (Anasta) when you are sitting on top of the table, and why didnt Thurston start the grand final at 5/8?

At that stage, Anasta was the next big thing in league, and they made a judgement call to keep him over Thurston..
Not rubbish. You seem upset nobody told you about this all these years ago? Sorry to dissapoint you but thurston was the main innocent culprit at Coffs Harbour and although the club did once regard anasta as our next big star that was before thurston was around.

Only reason he didn't start in the gf is because like you said why would you play around with a team coming first only a few weeks out from finals???

Why some people get so defensive ? Lol relax your theory is what they want you to believe to Protect Jt 's image

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not rubbish. You seem upset nobody told you about this all these years ago? Sorry to dissapoint you but thurston was the main innocent culprit at Coffs Harbour and although the club did once regard anasta as our next big star that was before thurston was around.

Only reason he didn't start in the gf is because like you said why would you play around with a team coming first only a few weeks out from finals???

Why some people get so defensive ? Lol relax your theory is what they want you to believe to Protect Jt 's image
Oh I heard this story, don't worry about that, along with a thousand other stories...

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Rubbish.

What are you on about, Anasta had the overrated tag in 2004. Keeping him over Thurston was a Steve Folkes special.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hated when Thurston came off the bench for us he made so many mistakes always dropped the ball.
Still the worst decision of the bulldogs history of letting him go!!

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard a crapy rumor on talking sport last night Stewart brothers package deal to dogs.

N

Natboy

Sorry mate but as I've said to you before that simply isn't true and I know for a fact what happened and didn't happen. You even have the years all wrong. Best to leave it

Status
Not open for further replies.