Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Templeman isn't ready for first grade.. his a long way off! you cant just throw him in first grade for the sake of it.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its the nature of the beast of playing NRL football, you cant keep them all. You certainly don't blood players just for the sake of it. So far all our new recruits have been doing well. If Templeman leaves he leaves. I'm sure if the club want him we would keep him.

canine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why the nrl doesn't have salary cap concessions for one club players is beyond me!

They do, I'm not sure of the amount, but if the player has played 8 or more consecutive years for one club, including NYC and NSW cup - not sure about lower grades than that, thier salary is counted as lower under the cap.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Normally I'd say it's a case of juniors not being ready, but with all the recuitment we've been doing (signing Fifita, almost signing Bromich, chasing after Tedesco and Hiku) I think we're basically telling our juniors that they're never going to get a run in first grade.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Not having a go at you Jacob but it annoys me that people care if some juniors leave for better opportunity. We have lost some great players in the past but still boast a fine tradition of success. We have snapped up excellent juniors that wanted to move on to get an NRL debut or in hopes of a regular starting spot. Willie Tonga and Braith Anasta are two that spring to mind that we poached and nudged along the path to stardom. Lichaa (if it is confirmed that we signed him) might be the next star we signed at the right moment. Guys like Phillips, O'Hanlon and Corey Thompson were also recruited to improve the quality of our depth and will be called upon if needed. Let them establish how soon they are called upon through performance our own juniors are getting the same chances to impress. We will lose some great young talent but Cleal is a great talent scout and we will see many good juniors recruited through him over time. Some will leave at the first big money offer (Sezer, Carter are examples), while others will stay on for a chance at greatness within a great club. We want those faithful ones who have faith in their own talent and that the club will see it and give them a chance to prove themselves when they are ready. A player who is here for the team is better than a player here for the money anyday.

I'm actually pretty keen to see how things fall into place over the next season or two. Des has recruited or promoted one of the biggest hard running forward packs in the NRL and i think it will take a strong opposition to beat it when everyone is on the park. Fifitas arrival will cement that for us next year. We did recruit a lot of backs due to promote from the NYC and a couple from country areas. We were severely short of quality backs and excess depth is better than a shortage of quality. Competition will bring out the best in the juniors. With what we have now we would probably have an extra 2 young backs developing over what we need but injury will force some out at different times so a few spares don't hurt. Thats why Manly have had adequate replacements available when needed since it was Haslers policy to keep great kids on hand. If we lose some quality juniors we will bring other ones in. Eventually the right ones will earn a spot in our side like they have in other Hasler coached sides.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not having a go at you Jacob but it annoys me that people care if some juniors leave for better opportunity. We have lost some great players in the past but still boast a fine tradition of success. We have snapped up excellent juniors that wanted to move on to get an NRL debut or in hopes of a regular starting spot. Willie Tonga and Braith Anasta are two that spring to mind that we poached and nudged along the path to stardom. Lichaa (if it is confirmed that we signed him) might be the next star we signed at the right moment. Guys like Phillips, O'Hanlon and Corey Thompson were also recruited to improve the quality of our depth and will be called upon if needed. Let them establish how soon they are called upon through performance our own juniors are getting the same chances to impress. We will lose some great young talent but Cleal is a great talent scout and we will see many good juniors recruited through him over time. Some will leave at the first big money offer (Sezer, Carter are examples), while others will stay on for a chance at greatness within a great club. We want those faithful ones who have faith in their own talent and that the club will see it and give them a chance to prove themselves when they are ready. A player who is here for the team is better than a player here for the money anyday.

I'm actually pretty keen to see how things fall into place over the next season or two. Des has recruited or promoted one of the biggest hard running forward packs in the NRL and i think it will take a strong opposition to beat it when everyone is on the park. Fifitas arrival will cement that for us next year. We did recruit a lot of backs due to promote from the NYC and a couple from country areas. We were severely short of quality backs and excess depth is better than a shortage of quality. Competition will bring out the best in the juniors. With what we have now we would probably have an extra 2 young backs developing over what we need but injury will force some out at different times so a few spares don't hurt. Thats why Manly have had adequate replacements available when needed since it was Haslers policy to keep great kids on hand. If we lose some quality juniors we will bring other ones in. Eventually the right ones will earn a spot in our side like they have in other Hasler coached sides.
Doesn't bother me when juniors leave. I've always said that NRL is an occupation and should be treated as such. I just hate it when we've got juniors there that want to play and have shown signs that they could very well be superstars next season and instead of promoting them we're spending an extraordinary amount of money to buy players in those same positions.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL got it now, didn't read the comment you quoted for it!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Oh for a second I thought you'd quoted a genuine NRL source.

Unless its from the NRL.COM twitter/website, or the club twitter/website, then I'm skeptical.

sedgy13

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just heard on 7 news (was in another room though) something about dogs being investigated for josh jackson being on the field. Did anyone see this? And what was it for being on field concussed or too many on the field?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just heard on 7 news (was in another room though) something about dogs being investigated for josh jackson being on the field. Did anyone see this? And what was it for being on field concussed or too many on the field?
I think because we didn't take him off when clearly concussed. Nothing about too many on the field.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does that mean he cant play this saturday coz of the short turn around?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think because we didn't take him off when clearly concussed. Nothing about too many on the field.
Did it matter with like 30 seconds left on the clock and they were all away from him, I hope the NRL don't become ****witts towards us over this...

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe this year looks like the cleanout year like 08.we went from wooden spooners from sbw taking off to being a force in 09.we signed the tank ,morris,eastwood and ennis and i think kimmorley. We aimed for a title and we missed out snd kevin moore faded .income hasler and we make gf with players he didnt pick.we have to allow hasler to make his choices as coach pick his team to dominate.If that means letting kas,eastwood,jackson and ennis so be it .They were part of a failed plan so its time we support what ever choices hasler makes and look forward to the future.No matter what im excited to see how our players have to prove they are worthy for the bluenwhite jumper this year.The challenge is on and most players are on notice.

Look out panthers you next.....

Status
Not open for further replies.