Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isnt nice to see paul carter and aidan seizer killing it for the titans tonyt whilst we continue to struggle with the dead wood we have in our side. Why couldnt hasler identify that paul carter could play as a utility hooker and second rower. He was in our system and once again we give him to the titans on a silver plate. The juniors arent ready my backside, show some faith in them and 9 times out of 10 they will repay u.
So very true ,like i keep saying well lose lachie burr if des doesnt give him a go

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It would have to be locke or hoffman you'd think. Maybe des is flicking sherex and putting fifitta in back row to compliment our awesome front row

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
great signings from the sharks in Lichaa a quality hooker and Fifita a ball playing prop with a great work ethic, but at that price...mmm we still need a quality fullback...

also Lafai re-signed for another 3 years until 2017 great depth and quality at centre as long as Morris stays as he is close to re-signing

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The thing that will be a little difficult with Fifita is where do you fit him in. He is a hard running prop with plenty of speed. Definitely in the top 3-4 props in the game. With Tolman (workman), Graham (assuming he re-signs), Kasiano and Klemmer (who showed amazing promise on Friday night with a limited preseason and limited time on the field) Where will Fifita fit in?

We already have forwards that play big mins (Graham and Tolman) more or less we could carry one front rower on the bench if we wanted to. Now (assuming we get Fifita) will have 5 world class props (Klemmer was the u20s NSW captain so has some pedigree behind him).

Only option is one of the big buys needs to move to lock (like Sam Burgess at Souths) and just have a bigger forward pack on the park. But then again wont be getting many mins out of Finucane, Jackson and Eastwood if that is the case.

Possible line up could be:

8. Tolman
10. Fifita
11. Pritchard
12. Williams
13. Graham (mobile forward, high work rate, good defender, strong runner and ball playing ability)

With a bench of

14. Kasiano
15. Klemmer
16. Eastwood
17. Any one of Finucane, Jackson, Browne, O'Hannlon, Burr etc.

Bad thing is guys like Browne (who has showed amazing potential) will probably fade away because the coach has his favorites that he prefers in the line up when fit.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Bronwe, Finucane and Klemmer are here to stay (1st grade that is). I suspect that Eastwood might be one the one to make way

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree. 2011 was when we all started noticing his talents and abilities.
It'd be hard to notice him before then since it was his first year in first grade

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The logical thing is to move eastwood on.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The thing that will be a little difficult with Fifita is where do you fit him in. He is a hard running prop with plenty of speed. Definitely in the top 3-4 props in the game. With Tolman (workman), Graham (assuming he re-signs), Kasiano and Klemmer (who showed amazing promise on Friday night with a limited preseason and limited time on the field) Where will Fifita fit in?

We already have forwards that play big mins (Graham and Tolman) more or less we could carry one front rower on the bench if we wanted to. Now (assuming we get Fifita) will have 5 world class props (Klemmer was the u20s NSW captain so has some pedigree behind him).

Only option is one of the big buys needs to move to lock (like Sam Burgess at Souths) and just have a bigger forward pack on the park. But then again wont be getting many mins out of Finucane, Jackson and Eastwood if that is the case.

Possible line up could be:

8. Tolman
10. Fifita
11. Pritchard
12. Williams
13. Graham (mobile forward, high work rate, good defender, strong runner and ball playing ability)

With a bench of

14. Kasiano
15. Klemmer
16. Eastwood
17. Any one of Finucane, Jackson, Browne, O'Hannlon, Burr etc.

Bad thing is guys like Browne (who has showed amazing potential) will probably fade away because the coach has his favorites that he prefers in the line up when fit.

Manly Newcastle & Souths(Burgess & Asotasi gone & signed no replacment yet) are all light on props I suspect Tolman will make way. Souths were eyeing out

Tolman last year before he re-signed with us. Madge(Souths coach) & Tolman are tight from Melbourne days I believe

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Natboy

The logical thing is to move eastwood on.
Sadly yes, but I hope no decisions are made until another couple of months to give our boys a real chance to fight for their contracts and play and train hard!

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been trying to work out where everyone fits in. Burr is wasted in Nsw cup, but how do you make room for him. I love Eastwood but I think he will be the man to go. Unfit and always injured lately. Tolman is a workhorse but I'm starting to wonder if he wits with what des is trying to do. He gets dominated every hit up and barely makes it over the advantage line and that's where we struggle. We don't have the speed in the backs to get around teams and most of our forwards aren't bending the line and making metres. For big boys, they seem to get taken down very easily. Especially Trex

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been trying to work out where everyone fits in. Burr is wasted in Nsw cup, but how do you make room for him. I love Eastwood but I think he will be the man to go. Unfit and always injured lately. Tolman is a workhorse but I'm starting to wonder if he wits with what des is trying to do. He gets dominated every hit up and barely makes it over the advantage line and that's where we struggle. We don't have the speed in the backs to get around teams and most of our forwards aren't bending the line and making metres. For big boys, they seem to get taken down very easily. Especially Trex
Not hard to take down a stationary object

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Everyone forgets O'Hanlon too.

Then theres Lloyd Perrett as well.

Burr, Browne and O'Hanlon can play centre at a pinch.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

if pat had any ability to play centre, he would have played there friday

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not that I care but gee, Fergo caught out on the piss again, seems like every week for this model Muslim convert.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Its not that anyone forgets its that most dont care about the fringe players the way you do, Once kas and beastwood are back bar any other injuries players like pat wont crack the 17, Bought for depth.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I don't know if we'll need to clear any of contract players. We might just wait until their contract expires, not renew and back end fifitas.
I've heard we are only paying 500-550k and the rest are from third parties

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we should move tim browne and jackson on to accomodate any tradeor swap with backline players. Our forwards incl; kas, tolman, graham, fifita, klemmer, perret jnr, frankie, burr, eastwood, finucane, minute etc. Plenty of depth and young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.