Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In 2 years time almost every club will want him, I hope he truly loves the Bulldogs - would hurt if he decided to head back home and Brisbane snap him up >_<
Playing in a top four side and winning the premiership would create plenty of love and harmony :beerchug:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some people are going to be very upset with Mbye if he is not a star from his first day in the NRL.

N

Natboy

Some people are going to be very upset with Mbye if he is not a star from his first day in the NRL.
He could score 5 tries, set up 5 and it still wouldn't be good enough for some of our fans mate haha

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I still think he needs at least half a season before we can judge him.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A "Champion Team" should always beat a "Team Of Champions" (and a happy team with no Barba can achieve a lot). This means you may not always have the best current players in each position, but if you've got the highest best average, then we should still go alright (just like the money ball system). Granted, I would love us to have either the best 1,6,7 or 9 in the game because when we did, we came within a whisker of the title in 2012. That said, you cant buy something/someone that isn't available and paying overs for someone that isn't in that league could leave you with long term issues. We are only missing one key player from our 2012 GF team. The others are Klemmer in for Payne, T-Rex in for Stagg & Lafai in for Wright & I think here we are actually better off if T-Rex can do what we were excited about from his Manly form. I still think Des has got a steady as it goes plan for Templeman to harden him up for the first half of the season in reserve grade and then bring him in later. By playing him at 6 in the reserves, it should sharpen his skills which are now required by all good first grade fullbacks.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A "Champion Team" should always beat a "Team Of Champions" (and a happy team with no Barba can achieve a lot). This means you may not always have the best current players in each position, but if you've got the highest best average, then we should still go alright (just like the money ball system). Granted, I would love us to have either the best 1,6,7 or 9 in the game because when we did, we came within a whisker of the title in 2012. That said, you cant buy something/someone that isn't available and paying overs for someone that isn't in that league could leave you with long term issues. We are only missing one key player from our 2012 GF team. The others are Klemmer in for Payne, T-Rex in for Stagg & Lafai in for Wright & I think here we are actually better off if T-Rex can do what we were excited about from his Manly form. I still think Des has got a steady as it goes plan for Templeman to harden him up for the first half of the season in reserve grade and then bring him in later. By playing him at 6 in the reserves, it should sharpen his skills which are now required by all good first grade fullbacks.
I agree, we should sign players for their on base percentage and runs batted in

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom Murphy - Redcliffe Dolphins -2015

needs to be changed to 2014, he only signed on for the 1 year

A

Ayrifik

Why don't dogs go after hiku or Mansour for fullback. They're both young, good strong players with great futures

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't dogs go after hiku or Mansour for fullback. They're both young, good strong players with great futures
Mansour is tied up long term I'm pretty sure, but wouldn't mind George or Robert Jennings or even their nsw cup fullback who would probably be their fullback if not for mat moylan

A

Ayrifik

Hiku wants to play flb at manly but Stewart is there so let's try and steal him. His a good player

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good call. It can't be that hard to find a tall athletic nrl player.
Someone mentioned fisiahi earlier too.

I was hoping Tyrone Phillips would be that type of player but he is relegated to nsw cup and brown and Perret are automatic selections. I don't get it.

A

Ayrifik

I don't rate Perrit as a flb, I don't rate Mitch brown either at all. I still can't believe we let Goodwin go for brown.

A

Ayrifik

I'd put lafai at fullback before anyone else that we currently have

Status
Not open for further replies.