Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
SBW had issues with the club? I hope you don't believe that garbage for a second.

He was one of the highest paid player in the game let alone at Canterbury and Canterbury offered him a 3 year contract while he requested a 5 year contract.
Yes i do believe it. While all the issues were not a direct result of the clubs actions, they failed to manage them in the best way and he walked out.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a contradicting turd that paul ***** is. He initially answers "not that i know of" followed by although the dogs are pretty keen. What the fcuk??? Does anyone see the generic replies these know it all imposters give all the time. Give urself a double uppercut maggot.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes i do believe it. While all the issues were not a direct result of the clubs actions, they failed to manage them in the best way and he walked out.
He wanted more money and nothing more. Smoke screens and mirrors were used.

I do get your previous point re: Boyd/SBW, though.

bullpup1971

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To say he was not trying is an insult. Subconsciously he may have had stuff weighing him down, but to say a player that has played at the highest level of the game did not try is an absolute joke.
You have to take a stand some Time ,as I understand it this is not the first year this not being payed has happened to him and other players

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Ahem... Folkes making jibes about his religion.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

i would say he needed more not wanted aha. Either way i really dont care, i support the club first and the players second. Club will always be around longer than any player.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jibes? From memory, Folkes questioned if he converted to Islam one time. He never said anything about Islam.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Theres one other factor in the Boyd saga nobody has thought about yet.

At the moment the Knights future is uncertain, PLUS he is owed money.

The NRL have control of the club and that's fine, but that's hardly going to pay players salaries, etc etc.

I'm sure many of us have faced working at a place where we know a job may not be there much longer (either redundancy or company closing, or resigning), and its damn hard to get motivated with that in the back of your mind.

If anything Boyd's performances could well be attributed to "am I going to have a job next week, next month, next year", and would explain the idea of him wanting to get out, go to an established and stable club, and continue his career. Job security impacts everyone, from the $5 an hr kid at Maccas, to the $50 million a year CEOs. Boyd is no different there.

If that's his line of thinking, the Bulldogs are the perfect club for him, and I have no doubt that he would blitz it in the #1 jersey for the Dogs.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hard to argue with, just don't know if he will be heading our way. I think it would be good for our roster. Hard to cheer. Though if he delivers like he did for the Dragons, Broncos, QLD, Australia I'm sure we will learn to love him.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think wayne will end up at dragons and boyd will follow

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
and the company he was keeping!! however that was only a very small part of it that did not help at the time. He was young at the time and had some powerfully influential people in his ear.
This does not alter the fact that he was a KNT of a person to walk out on his team mates in a time of need and turning his back on all the supporters and the Club that helped make him the player everyone wanted to watch.
Anasta, he was a similar type of person but at least he did not walk out half way through the competition, he waited till we let Johnothan Thurston go so the club could pay him the extra cash to keep him, then he walked out leaving our half's combination in tatters for a long time.
Another scum bag!!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think wayne will end up at dragons and boyd will follow
That! or back to Brisbane where his Family is and where the current Coach is on borrowed time and they have a tiny full back not attacking or defending as they would have hoped for during 2014, with Millford moving north I would almost certainly say...
hello Mr Boyd, welcome back and Bye Bye BB find another club lol

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry forgot to mention that if BB plays his cards right then Sticky may tale him in Canberra lol they deserve each other.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I cant see Bennett being a coach beyond next year, I rekon hew ill stay at the Knights for 2015 and that will be the end of it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wayne should retire, he had a good run...NRL should sign him up and have him working with the NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.