Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like a negative nancy, what will happen if Hoffman doesn't come over?
We get on with business. Fullback was not our biggest problem last year. With a fully fit team we will be a force regardless of the fullback situation

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hoffman or Locke will come 100%... We only missed out on other BIG money players due to other circumstances such as Hayne and Hoppa's loyalty and Folaus BIGGER rugby Union pay check.

If the Bulldogs really wanted someone who wouldnt mind coming to the dogs then they can and will Grab them... BUT if anythin it sounds like Hoffman is coming or Stanley will get first shot at the back.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We get on with business. Fullback was not our biggest problem last year. With a fully fit team we will be a force regardless of the fullback situation
Its true... In 2012 even though Barba did do alot of damage to other teams I seen some of the best forwards constructed tries in my life were they really knew how to toss the ball around and score some outrageous tries. Our forwards need that form back and anyone who can manage at the back well do just as well as Barba.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
How can you say Keary and Reynolds are on HUGE coin? they are on 300k MAX..
Didn't say Keary is on huge coin at all.

Wouldn't be though wouldn't of turned down multiple deals for nothing.

Also Reynolds on 300k LOL. Hodkinson is on nearly that. Reynolds might not be on Cronk or DCE level but he is clearly the next top tier halfback. If Mullen & Pearce and co can get 500k+ your on drugs thinking he's on 300k like Hodkinson was after 1 solid year with far less promise.

Not even talking about Sandow.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the vast majority have been his management doing the talking, I guess this puts it into perspective, as its coming from the man himself.
he definitely wasn't happy in Brisbane before he left, I don't think they will convince him to stay if he doesn't want to. Same scenario as Barba (without the off field issues of course).
Yep so far this is playing out exactly like the barba story did (like you say minus the off field dramas).

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't say Keary is on huge coin at all.

Wouldn't be though wouldn't of turned down multiple deals for nothing.

Also Reynolds on 300k LOL. Hodkinson is on nearly that. Reynolds might not be on Cronk or DCE level but he is clearly the next top tier halfback. If Mullen & Pearce and co can get 500k+ your on drugs thinking he's on 300k like Hodkinson was after 1 solid year with far less promise.

Not even talking about Sandow.
Sandow left for parra for 500k... correct if i am wrong, they would've yanked up reynolds after that... he would be on 171k?

you're telling me that after the 'upgrade', he jumped up to 500k? thats a 230k increase my friend. he is at max 400k.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There seems to a preoccupation with the fullback. We have people who can cover for it. The biggest problem is the way the players committed to last years games. They played like they wernt interested. I guess the Barba debacle had a bit to do with it but they are professionals and should play like it. The other problem that I believe is a real problem is the players fitness. Some looked decidedly unfit and that needs to be addressed.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
There seems to a preoccupation with the fullback. We have people who can cover for it. The biggest problem is the way the players committed to last years games. They played like they wernt interested. I guess the Barba debacle had a bit to do with it but they are professionals and should play like it. The other problem that I believe is a real problem is the players fitness. Some looked decidedly unfit and that needs to be addressed.
We can do ok in the season but once we get to the finals you cannot carry an average fullback. So we're back to square one. In the end its the fans that are getting scammed.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
We can do ok in the season but once we get to the finals you cannot carry an average fullback. So we're back to square one. In the end its the fans that are getting scammed.
To be fair, we carried Keating as our halfback into the 2012 GF. Nothing against Krippy, he is a great bloke.
We will be fine. Roosters just won it with one of the most over-rated halfbacks and a fullback that is one step away from retirement. Although you could argue with some of that Growth hormone stuff they were taking, they didn't win it fairly anyway.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
you can carry an average FB as long as your forwards are fit and on the field working with your halves. We're definitely not at square one at all we've extracted the disease and are now healing and until we have the season play out with all our players on the field and not injured or supended you can't say the fans are getting scammed at all. Shit call.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
you can carry an average FB as long as your forwards are fit and on the field working with your halves. We're definitely not at square one at all we've extracted the disease and are now healing and until we have the season play out with all our players on the field and not injured or supended you can't say the fans are getting scammed at all. Shit call.
Zzzzzzzzzz

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
To be fair, we carried Keating as our halfback into the 2012 GF. Nothing against Krippy, he is a great bloke.
We will be fine. Roosters just won it with one of the most over-rated halfbacks and a fullback that is one step away from retirement. Although you could argue with some of that Growth hormone stuff they were taking, they didn't win it fairly anyway.
That's true but we were comprehensively outplayed, outcoached and outclassed by a team that was substantially under the salary cap.

Broncos carried SHIFTY SHANE PERRY in their 2006 comp win. Lockyer was the 5/8th though.

Pearce is crap but Maloney is not too bad... That's the thing.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sandow left for parra for 500k... correct if i am wrong, they would've yanked up reynolds after that... he would be on 171k?

you're telling me that after the 'upgrade', he jumped up to 500k? thats a 230k increase my friend. he is at max 400k.
Good to see you now admit that I never said Keary on huge coin which you plucked out of the air.

The other thing you said the 171k part not me. My point was that if you think Reynolds is on a low deal your obviously not to well informed on halfback values. If Hodkinson gets close to 300k from us for ONE DECENT year with Manly (no where near the quality of Reynolds) and Sandow when off contract was paid 500-600k (granted by the Eels and again far less a player then Reynolds) and blokes like Mullen & Pearce etc can be paid 500k+, Soward and Wallace 400-600k just recently etc you think that the top 3-4 halfback re-signed for less with no doubt all bar say Cowboys, Storm, Manly interested as none have as good as halfback as Reynolds then I'm shocked.

It will be much like when Johnson hit's the market. He would have plenty of interest and certainly won't be going for less then Sandow, Pearce, Mullen etc. In which he has re-signed.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's quite simple really why the roosters won the comp, they scored more tries than any other team and let fewer in. They where consistent, their longest loosing streak was 2 matches and they used the least amount of players than any other club.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
It's quite simple really why the roosters won the comp, they scored more tries than any other team and let fewer in. They where consistent, their longest loosing streak was 2 matches and they used the least amount of players than any other club.
yeah

EYE.CACK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've had a holiday come back and same old crap 3 weeks later.
Hehehe...I just told my boss to go phuck himself, what a wanker. Weeks of putting up with someone I was trying to help...happy holidays!!! Sorry might not be appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.