Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just heard on sky news that Josh Reynolds and Tolman are about to sign long term deals with the club - could possibly be announced before Roosters game.
I'm sorry to announce this but this gives me a semi chubb

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just checked on zerotackle it suggests tolman on the way out

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just checked on zerotackle it suggests tolman on the way out
Isn't that the same article from fox sports?

Either way, if i'm being completely honest i'd prefer tolman over pritchard - especially the age comparison.. if Klemmer becomes the beast he is supposed to we will have plenty of ball playing forward options. Tolman has never let us down, can't afford to lose him.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Saw TG on the nine news being interveiwed by the weed and he said no deal has been done or probably won't in regards izzy

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Isn't that the same article from fox sports?

Either way, if i'm being completely honest i'd prefer tolman over pritchard - especially the age comparison.. if Klemmer becomes the beast he is supposed to we will have plenty of ball playing forward options. Tolman has never let us down, can't afford to lose him.
Same. Tolman all the way.

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
Just read on sky.com.au and The Daily Telegraph that Tolman has hinted he may have to move on. No offer made to him as yet.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw TG on the nine news being interveiwed by the weed and he said no deal has been done or probably won't in regards izzy
This seems to have been glossed over.

I think his exact words were "pretty unlikely" that a deal would be done for Izzy but he could just be keeping it on the d.l.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
From memory was another huge lazy pr*ck and had troubles/disciplinary wise? Am I remembering the right bloke?
I think so. If its the same bloke I'm thinking of he went really well for say 5-6 games then got into some off field strife and sank without a trace.

H

HajdukSplit

Who will stay and who will go??

Off Contract 2013 - Frank Pritchard, Aiden Tolman, Kris Keating, Josh Reynolds, Mitch Brown, Corey Payne, Trent Hodkinson, Tim Lafai, Greg Eastwood, Dene Halatau

obviously, Payne is gone

A reliable source has informed me Hodko, Lafai and Halatau are on the way out and the dogs are heavily targeting Sam Williams and Jarrod Croker who are both off contract

Last edited by a moderator:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'll be dirty if we sign Croker. He is average at best.

Inu and Perrett and Morris are there. I hope the Folau rumour has some legs and he's the addition. Otherwise i'd go after Koribete and throw him on the wing leave Inu in centres.

Would hope we can sign Keary, Folau. Retain Reynolds, Eastwood, Mitch Brown and one of Pritchard or Tolman if not both and I don't think thats unrealistic. Clearly Reynolds needs a upgrade. Folau would take a large contract. Keary wouldn't need anymore then Hodkinson I wouldn't imagine and i'd take the gamble. Can't be any worse then Keating & Hodkinson. That would most likely be our increase to the cap spent between Folau & Reynolds & Keary.

Pritchard and Tolman won't need a huge upgrade they would both be on pretty fair money if you believe what you hear Pritchard 400k and Tolman 300k. Eastwood might need a small one. Use Paynes, Turners, Halataus, Hodkinson money and if need be Keating or Lafai should help do that.

Would leave us with a very nice roster.

1. Barba
2. Inu
3. Morris
4. Folau
5. Perrett
6. Reynolds
7. Keary
8. Tolman (if can't be kept Graham)
9. Ennis
10. Kasiano
11. Pritchard
12. Jackson
13. Eastwood

14. Graham (if Tolman goes Taupau/Browne/Burr)
15. Finucane
16. Klemmer
17. T Williams

It's also not so unrealistic like asking for 5 stars to come in and lose some nuffies. Would mean we gain Folau, Keary and lose Turner, Hodkinson and to balance it off we would also obviously lose some like Payne is gone, Halatau likely gone, Lafai might go, Keating then sadly maybe Pritchard or Tolman might head off. With kids like Burr coming through it would even out. I just hope we don't lose Eastwood or Reynolds mainly. Pritchard I hope stays as with Tolman and Brown. Folau & Keary are all I hope we sign!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bulldogs09 do you even know how the salary cap works? You can't just "lose" some nuffies and bring in 5 stars, every single NRL squad needs 25 players and all the players rostered there have a minimum wage.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Barba
2. Inu
3. Morris
4. Folau
5. Perrett
6. Reynolds
7. Keary
8. Tolman (if can't be kept Graham)
9. Ennis
10. Kasiano
11. Pritchard
12. Jackson
13. Eastwood

14. Graham (if Tolman goes Taupau/Browne/Burr)
15. Finucane
16. Klemmer
17. T Williams
That team would have so much potential and attack under Des, drooling alittle at what could happen with that team in 3-5 years.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jarrod Croker would be a great acquisition in my opinion.

Rather him than Folau. Less money and will give us another solid goal kicker alongside Inu.

Sam Williams would also be a great acquisition. A solid defender for a little guy too. Him and Reynolds could be our halves for the next 10 years. Williams has a bright future ahead of him.

Barba
Inu
Croker
Morris
???
Reynolds
Williams

Only thing is Croker is a left side centre. And so is Morris...So would be interesting...

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bulldogs09 do you even know how the salary cap works? You can't just "lose" some nuffies and bring in 5 stars, every single NRL squad needs 25 players and all the players rostered there have a minimum wage.
lalalalala do you ? I said it's REALISTIC because we AREN'T wishing we bring in 5 stars. We are hoping we bring in ONE. Folau. The only other recruit was Keary. Who is untested though likely highly desired. I also mentioned the fact that like other clubs we can use the increase in the cap.

Add to that the fact that we have lost Payne, Turner already and likely to lose Halatau and Hodkinson one would imagine especially if we land Keary... Not even going into the likes of Keating, Lafai etc... Also as I said Pritchard, Tolman would be on pretty big money rumoured 400k and 300k so I doubt they are saying hey double my pay... No one would. Not even Eels.

If we lost those players like Halatau, Hodkinson, Keating, Lafai along with the fact we have lost Turner & Payne already and also the salary cap increase do you not think we could afford Folau and an untested halfback (considering Hodkinson is already on close to 300k) and bring through some younger blokes and pick up some fringe players? I sure do.

Perhaps you should read.

Status
Not open for further replies.