Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
They played him at halfback in NSW Cup, because they thought he was one (the word was that he was the next JT), not because anyone kept him out of that position. During that time it was found he had neither the kicking game, nor passing game to be a success in that role, he struggled to direct forwards around properly and he tended to play a lone hand a lot of the time, taking on the line as the first option, and loved going for intercepts when in defence.

Anyone who seriously thinks he is an option for halfback has rocks in there head. Maybe if we had no other options in the middle of must win game, but otherwise NO.
*their

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
http://bit.ly/Z2GN0C , some crap about infighting at the dogs , don't know how credible the source is but the mole did retweet it
Good - it shows they are competitive and they care!!!!

All this stuff will go away once the dogs win 10 in a row starting on friday night!!!!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure we need to throw big money at Folau (if we are thinking about it).

Why not make a play for someone like Marika Koroibete who is off contract? I didn't think he went too badly for a winger.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm not sure we need to throw big money at Folau (if we are thinking about it).

Why not make a play for someone like Marika Koroibete who is off contract? I didn't think he went too badly for a winger.

Marika Koroibete is a GUN the guy is a tackle bust machine who has it all in his Arsenal Powerful pacey & good under the high-ball. In saying that I doubt we would bring him especially if the rumours about us signing Corey Thompson are true. We need a Half-back, that should be our priority over any other signings

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I doubt Corey Thompson has much influence on the Korbibete side. I'd say if the Folau rumour is true that would be the reason we would not be looking. Perrett is clearly one winger. We are obviously looking to replace Turner.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nah, fair enough Bulldogs09, I'm assuming the Folau Deal is Done & dusted what I was trying to say was that we wouldn't sign both Koroibete & Izzy :grinning:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Assuming is a bad thing. Though I hope your right. I'd love to have Folau out wide.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
Do any of you guys actually remember how good Izzy was????

73 tries from 90 games
youngest player to ever play for Australia
Dally M Rookie of the Year
State of Origin Man-of-the-Match
Dally M Centre of the Year
won a stripped premiership
Still no one better in the air

If Des thinks we can sign him while still fielding a good quality well balanced side around him, then why wouldnt we want him, please be true.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
73 tries from 90 games
youngest player to ever play for Australia
Dally M Rookie of the Year
State of Origin Man-of-the-Match
Dally M Centre of the Year
won a stripped premiership
Still no one better in the air
Some good quality accolades right there!

If he does sign that's 2 Dally M winners within our team.

Insane attacking, speedy, acrobatic, freaks, score trying individuals we have in our backline

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah as much as I would like to pretend Izzy wasn't a gun he just was. Fantastic from 10 metres out too.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Izzy will be wasted if we dont rectify our hb problem.
No point in having a ferrari in the garage if u dont know how to drive it!

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Izzy would give us a hell of an edge in the opposition 20, absolute machine. I just hope thoug that his signature doesn't cost us any of our young pups OR a shot at a decent half back.

Might be a bridge too far

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Folau is just a finisher...he might create the occasional chance but really he's another superstar relying on the structure of the team to take advantage. Keating doesn't know how to utilise Barba and won't know how to utilise Folau either.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard on sky news that Josh Reynolds and Tolman are about to sign long term deals with the club - could possibly be announced before Roosters game.

Status
Not open for further replies.