Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
And yet you would want to retain Reynolds, Eastwood and Pritchard and hope to sign Folau? You really don't understand what kind of salary Folau would be on do you.

No they wouldn't want double the pay, they'd want the club to match any offer they'd receive elsewhere and that isn't exactly a smart move considering our young pups are only getting better and sooner rather than later they'll all want contract upgrades. The premise of your argument is that all things staying the same for the rest of our under contract players, we could hypothetically allow some of our mid-tier players, utilise some fringe FGers in the FG squad in order to accodomate a superstar in Folau, this clearly works if our other under-contract players are going to be entirely happy staying on the wage they're on. Jackson, Finucane and to a lesser extent Klemmer depending on their impact this year are probably not going to indulge that idea at all.

Throwing figures around for Hodkinson is doing you no credit, frankly you have no clue what he is on, apart from media speculation which is generally bogus as well. Not really about what i think, if it was i'm not even in the least bit excited about that roster you've thrown up because Keary is just an unknown factor and if he's less than brilliant Folau will be wasted on the wing.

Sure if you stop with the fantasies.

Even if your argument works out, splashing out that much money for a centre/winger in Folau is just not smart considering Keary is untested, and our current halves have no ability to utilise him. I rather see what our management does.
So in summary you ignored the salary cap increase, ignored the fact you said something about bring 5 stars in and releasing nuffies. When the only star was Folau. You wish to speculate what Folau would cost but dismiss what Hodkinson is reported on. In other words you have no real idea.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As good as Browne is. He is no Pritchard or Tolman. If I had to choose it be frank. He is a leader and the influence he has on our Polynesian players is huge. Tolman is brilliant, but we have graham who is similar player but has ball skills. We have so many young pups who fill the void and be cheaper. You honestly can't keep them all as much as you want too.
Not to mention Frankys strong relationship with Kas. Franky is a player we can't afford to lose.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Lets go hypothetical here.

Tolman / Pritchard released
Tim Browne retained in Tolman/Pritchards spot.

Would that be reasonable?

Browne to replace Tolman or Pritchard!

Your man-love for Tim Browne has gone to another level haha!

I love your determination.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
hahaha missed the point though.

Realistically it sounds like we cannot afford both Tolman and Pritchard, so one will be going, and someone like TB will be the replacement potentially.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
hahaha missed the point though.

Realistically it sounds like we cannot afford both Tolman and Pritchard, so one will be going, and someone like TB will be the replacement potentially.

I know mate, and the way Browne has been going at this point it wouldn't been to big a drop off.

I just like hassling you for the Browne nosing ;)

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rumours are circulating that Keating and Morris are not 100%? anyone hear anything on this? Repeat Rumours.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rumours are circulating that Keating and Morris are not 100%? anyone hear anything on this? Repeat Rumours.
Wouldn't surprise me. The looks Morris gives Keating during games is pretty funny. Looks fuming! Feel sorry for Morris, with a decent halfback he's the best centre in the game, Keating always seems to give him the ball when he's got 3 guys in front of him or about to be tackled.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow..... The entire first grade team is at war with one another... Hahahahahaha

So far it's alleged:

1/ no one likes Ennis
2/ no one likes T-Rex
3/ kasiano and Morris don't like Keating
4/ Pritchard doesn't like Barba
5/ Browne and Barba don't like each other

Have I missed anything????

6/ NO ONE ON THIS FORUM LIKES KEATING!!!! hahahaha poor bloke

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wow..... The entire first grade team is at war with one another... Hahahahahaha

So far it's alleged:

1/ no one likes Ennis
2/ no one likes T-Rex
3/ kasiano and Morris don't like Keating
4/ Pritchard doesn't like Barba
5/ Browne and Barba don't like each other

Have I missed anything????

6/ NO ONE ON THIS FORUM LIKES KEATING!!!! hahahaha poor bloke
I support T-Rex Ennis and Keating. And the alleged remain alleged stories hence rumour thread.

BUGDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
wheres that thread about all the rumours at the dogs that someone posted a few nights ago? it had a link from silvertails forum

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me make things clear once and for all....

There is no disharmony in the team, we are simply low on troops and morale.... that's the whole story and these are the facts.

The boys get along well with each other, the only tiff happened before the season started between Barba and Browne (it was bigger than what what was reported BTW). But that's now water under the bridge.

There is no infighting in the club, there is no disharmony, there is no days of our life drama like weaving through.

I know this as a fact.

You all forgotten that last week we played against Manly with a NSW cup forward pack and were missing 4 internationals. We had a rookie centre on the field up against arguably the best 5/8 in the game and we were exposed.

We played the best 4 sides in the league in the last 5 rounds without our troops. Who did Manly play that worth mentioning??

Seriously people get a grip with all these bullshit rumours.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You all forgotten that last week we played against Manly with a NSW cup forward pack and were missing 4 internationals. We had a rookie centre on the field up against arguably the best 5/8 in the game and we were exposed.

We played the best 4 sides in the league in the last 5 rounds without our troops. Who did Manly play that worth mentioning??
That's the thing. People are freaking out at our record but we've played the 3 best teams in the comp out of 5 games and only lost one of the other two. All without our best team. Wait until we have all our troops and we play the average sides, we will carve up!

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I tend to disagree a little.We have still had a strong team on field but have struggled for cohesion this year and are not playing to our strenghts i.e getting the ball to josh morris more.Also i think that dessie has made a few selection hiccups with the likes of brown and drury low.We just l beat parra and are lucky to be 1 from 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.