Bulldogs Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The El Masri try to win the 04 grand final. I remember watching the game at the home of the bloke who put me onto the kennel. I was already pretty drunk at the time and a few Roosters fans were also there and getting cocky (no pun intended). El Masri scored the try and every Bulldogs fan there went nuts. I was about 650 ml down in a 700ml bottle of scotch at that stage. I rang my dad on the mobile and just let out a Massive WOOOOOOOOH down the line and had a chat I don't remember very well. A few minutes later I sculled the rest of the scotch and went into town to do a pub crawl. I don't remember much after the walk into town. I woke up the next day with almost everything i went out in missing abrring my dogs jersey and the pants i was wearing. I found my Jumper, keys, wallet and phone the next afternoon spread out between three pubs. Luckily one of the crew i went out with had kept track of where we went. Good times.

The other great memory was of the whole 1998 finals series. I saw a replay of the comeback vs Parra, but had left a little early after it looked like we weren't progressing any further. I was living with my aunt and cousin at the time. My cousin Linda and I had decided to jump on the bus to the local RSL in the latter stages when it seemed we were done and dusted despite my reluctant insistence that it wasn't over. As we got on the bus someone was in the process of narrowing our deficit. By the time we got to the campbeltown RSL we had completed the most epic of comebacks I can recall. Over the following rounds of the finals we kept fighting back through regular time and winning in extra time which made me one very proud young Bulldog fan. unfortunately the class of the Broncos (which was close to the Qld origin side) was too much to overcome in the GF. But that finals series was a source of inspiration to me for a long time afterwards and it's probably responsible for the fact that if a dogs game is an important one, I will never stop watching until the final whistle has blown. That never say die attitude is something I'd love to see return to the dogs spirit and it's probably the thing I admired most about Josh Reynolds over the years.

N

Natboy

The 1938 grand final is one I’ll never forget! Our first grand final win after all those thrashings when we entered the comp

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My memories are a bit different. lol

Best memory was the preliminary final in 2006

Half Time it was 20-6 in favour of the Bulldogs.

Full Time it was 37-20 with the Broncos winning.

Because I love you all so much.

Here is the entire game.

ENJOY.

No need to rate my post. haha

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
03 gf that never was VS. the rorters. Utai slam.
that was right in front of me I went up with a group of roosters supporters from work and one was a real dick (really bad winner and even worse loser) he was carrying on all game like a toolwaving is finger in my face and carrying on and I was having visions of sitting him on his arse on the way home, then Utai slammed that ball down and that was a million times better than knocking this dickhead out....he never spoke on the 2hr 30 min drive home and took the next week off work cos even his rooster mates wanted to give it to him the way he was carrying on until THAT moment....he was sfe from me though I had lost my voice lol

best thing though from that game when utai scored it was like we had won the grand final bulldogs supporters came from everywhere we were high fiving, screaming at each other, hugging and generally just losing our shit no idea who any of them were but if they were in blue and white they were suddenly long lost family lol

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Here is the entire game.

ENJOY.

I learnt a valuable lesson that day... I had been copping it big time in the lead up from all my Brisbane supporter mates, there were a fair few dead soldiers in the lounge room by half time (all with the name Jim) any way I though it would be a great time to ring every single Brisbane supporter I had ever met and tell them just how great the Bulldogs were and how shit Brisbane were and lets bring on next week

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My first real memory of a Bulldogs game was a Friday night match against Manly in 93 or 94. Belmore was absolutely packed and it was one of the most brutal games I have ever seen. We dusted them 28-10 from memory the thing I remember the most was Dean Pay destroying Ian Roberts. There’s a video floating around YouTube of the first 10 mins and it’s a blood bath.

Last edited:
N

Natboy

I learnt a valuable lesson that day... I had been copping it big time in the lead up from all my Brisbane supporter mates, there were a fair few dead soldiers in the lounge room by half time (all with the name Jim) any way I though it would be a great time to ring every single Brisbane supporter I had ever met and tell them just how great the Bulldogs were and how shit Brisbane were and lets bring on next week
I remember all of the bulldogs supporters carrying on when I went to the toilet at halftime and told them to STFU until fulltime.
I just had a bad feeling and was unfortunately right

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you and the love for Ennis... impressive
lol it's not love.. You can't deny the ennis-factor in 2014.

When he was off the field the team went to shit.
He kept turning the cogs when the team had nothing left to give.. He did what he had to do to win the finals series.
He led the guys like a warrior would and he never gave up.. Inspirational stuff

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I think it was 2005, during the last few rounds of the horrible injury filled year when Sherwin kicked the ball down the field to Karmichael. Grimauldi chased the ball like a man pocessed and stole the ball and pushed karmicheal to the ground in one movement and scored a try.

My favourite memory out of all the games I went to.
Oh really... ;)

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Hmmm... let me think...

1980 - Steve Gearin try against the Roosters in the Grand Final (video).
1993 - Terry Lamb try off the charge-down against Manly in Belmore on a Friday night.
1995 - Semi final win against Broncos. Dean Pay played brilliantly in that game and smashed Lazo. We won 26-10. Daryl Halligan kicked 6/6, including 2 from the sideline with the sun in his eyes.
1995 - Grand Final against Manly, the last we won while Bullfrog was still with us, and how much it meant to him (image).
1998 - Semi final against Parramatta (obviously). The best comeback I have ever witnessed.
2001 - Against the Panthers. This was round 5 and the game where Willie Mason really made his mark and impression on me as a gun player.
2002 - Win against the Knights. Perhaps the 2nd best comeback I've witnessed from the team.
2002 - Hazem El Masri smashing Lote Tuqiri, try-saving tackle.
2003 - winning both games against the Roosters with Utai scoring in both games. Both were thrillers, but the first game was better.
2003 - Hazem El Masri tackle on Steve Bell in the semi final against Melbourne (video).
2004 - Grand Final
2012 - Ben Barba's runaway setting up Josh Morris for a cracking try against the Storm in Mackay (video).

Josh Morris try off Ben Barba setup

Steve Gearin 1980 Grand Final try

Hazem El Masri try-saving tackle on Steve Bell in the semi-final

Bullfrog and Lamb after the 1995 Grand Final win

bullfrog.jpg

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
1980 Grand Final - first gf win I was alive for. Watching Geoff Robinson in the late 70s and early 80s is something that sticks with me - did so much damage with the ball - very under rated player.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The El Masri try to win the 04 grand final. I remember watching the game at the home of the bloke who put me onto the kennel. I was already pretty drunk at the time and a few Roosters fans were also there and getting cocky (no pun intended). El Masri scored the try and every Bulldogs fan there went nuts. I was about 650 ml down in a 700ml bottle of scotch at that stage. I rang my dad on the mobile and just let out a Massive WOOOOOOOOH down the line and had a chat I don't remember very well. A few minutes later I sculled the rest of the scotch and went into town to do a pub crawl. I don't remember much after the walk into town. I woke up the next day with almost everything i went out in missing abrring my dogs jersey and the pants i was wearing. I found my Jumper, keys, wallet and phone the next afternoon spread out between three pubs. Luckily one of the crew i went out with had kept track of where we went. Good times.

The other great memory was of the whole 1998 finals series. I saw a replay of the comeback vs Parra, but had left a little early after it looked like we weren't progressing any further. I was living with my aunt and cousin at the time. My cousin Linda and I had decided to jump on the bus to the local RSL in the latter stages when it seemed we were done and dusted despite my reluctant insistence that it wasn't over. As we got on the bus someone was in the process of narrowing our deficit. By the time we got to the campbeltown RSL we had completed the most epic of comebacks I can recall. Over the following rounds of the finals we kept fighting back through regular time and winning in extra time which made me one very proud young Bulldog fan. unfortunately the class of the Broncos (which was close to the Qld origin side) was too much to overcome in the GF. But that finals series was a source of inspiration to me for a long time afterwards and it's probably responsible for the fact that if a dogs game is an important one, I will never stop watching until the final whistle has blown. That never say die attitude is something I'd love to see return to the dogs spirit and it's probably the thing I admired most about Josh Reynolds over the years.
People tend to forget that in that 1998 finals series, the Dogs had to play 5 games (to Brisbane's 4). The 2 games prior to the GF were 100 minute games as well compared to the Broncos who smashed the Storm & the Roosters going into the game. We also finished 9th, yes, 9th, to Brisbane's 1st position. So an ordinary H & A season was capped by a pretty good finals series. AND at half time, we were leading 12-10. That's a pretty good effort especially against the Sombrero Broncos!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The 1938 grand final is one I’ll never forget! Our first grand final win after all those thrashings when we entered the comp
Your profile lists you as an immortal. You must be to remember that!

But seriously, after that crappy start without a home ground to make the finals in our second year & to win it in our 4th, is something to be proud of!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Here is the entire game.

ENJOY.

bitch.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Here is the entire game.

ENJOY.

I lost 2 dozen in a bet over that game
Still hurts ....and the result lol

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My first real memory of a Bulldogs game was a Friday night match against Manly in 93 or 94. Belmore was absolutely packed and it was one of the most brutal games I have ever seen. We dusted them 28-10 from memory the thing I remember the most was Dean Pay destroying Ian Roberts. There’s a video floating around YouTube of the first 10 mins and it’s a blood bath.

It was round 16 1994 Score 26-10. Excellent memory!

Status
Not open for further replies.