Bulldogs Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The day Lamb hit Speechley
This happened right in front of me, I remember the scoreboard attendant got into strife for writing “Nice hit Baa” on the screen.

N

Natboy

Your profile lists you as an immortal. You must be to remember that!

But seriously, after that crappy start without a home ground to make the finals in our second year & to win it in our 4th, is something to be proud of!
I’ll never forget it. Smacking the chooks in our first GF win after narrowly beating the tigs in the semis. What a great year 1938 was!
1, 9, 3 & 8 are still my keno numbers!

I took the grandkids but it was so packed at the SCG all 11 of them had to sit on my shoulders and Billy, respect your elders!!
Here’s a photo I took of the team using the camera I got for my retirement present

Attachments

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great memories on here.

1998 semi vs parra. I bought a ticket of some random bloke outside the stadium. Ended up sitting with him and his mates and they were all Parra supporters. They were giving it to me all game...

I had the last laugh.

I was sitting in that small area behind the posts in the upper corner of their stadium. Had the perfect view of Halligans conversion to tie the game. I swear it was going wide and then curved back last second!

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
that was right in front of me I went up with a group of roosters supporters from work and one was a real dick (really bad winner and even worse loser) he was carrying on all game like a toolwaving is finger in my face and carrying on and I was having visions of sitting him on his arse on the way home, then Utai slammed that ball down and that was a million times better than knocking this dickhead out....he never spoke on the 2hr 30 min drive home and took the next week off work cos even his rooster mates wanted to give it to him the way he was carrying on until THAT moment....he was sfe from me though I had lost my voice lol

best thing though from that game when utai scored it was like we had won the grand final bulldogs supporters came from everywhere we were high fiving, screaming at each other, hugging and generally just losing our shit no idea who any of them were but if they were in blue and white they were suddenly long lost family lol
I went with Dad and we had a fricken ball. I remember the walk back out of the ground and every Roosters fan was shitting themselves. This one just sticks in my mind for some reason.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Best comeback ever - 98 Semi v Parra

Best Belmore sports ground comeback - 1991 last round vs Sharks

Most brutal bulldog display ever - 06 v dragons at kogarah

Most satisfying - 04 Gf

Most clinical - 03 vs bunnies at sfs

Best defensive effort - 85 GF

Most revengeful - 03 vs crooks Utai slam

Best display of team comradery in the history of the club -95 finals series

Most upsetting - 06 PF vs Broncos

Most meaningful game - 2000 vs storm after Peter Moores passing.

Most edge of the seat, nail biting game - 94 semi vs raiders

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mine would be the 1985 Major Preliminary Semi-Final V Balmain when Andrew Farrar scored in the 99th minute to break the deadlock to win 14-8.

Yeh, for sure that was up there, that was massive, you can also include the 88 nail biter semi against the raiders if you wanted. Reason why I chose the 94 semi was because we hadn’t featured in a GF for six years and winning that game meant we were in the GF for the first time since 1988. All that rebuilding in 93 to finish 1st and go out in straight sets really hurt. Then to finish 1st again in 94, we didn’t want a repeat of the previous year final series. I really wanted that group with the likes of Polly, Pay, Dymock, Gillies who helped rebuild the club to reap something. Where as the 85 team had already tasted success in 84. The worst thing is to have bulldog players give their all for years and not taste success. A few come to mind like Darren Smith and Bupa, even Ennis to certain extent.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watching grand finals on fox
We always won
Fuck I miss those days
Every team would shit themselves against us
Our players where so gutsy
Feel like crying
So proud to be be a bulldog

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just watching grand finals on fox
We always won
Fuck I miss those days
Every team would shit themselves against us
Our players where so gutsy
Feel like crying
So proud to be be a bulldog
Good days are around the corner. You'll see a team with pride and that play for each other, not one looking at stats. Last year was so depressing but I'm optimistic about this year and hopefully our next premiership isn't far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.