Bulldogs Inform Reynolds That He is not Required in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What havent we agreed about in the past, as I am not the type of man to get into an argument with a woman ;)
I can't remember but I remember it was something. ,it doesn't matter I've forgiven you

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Passionate, yes, but he's not an first grade standard half.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol you want a halfback that is retiring over a superstar fullback, as a i said that will do me
and you have cleeland/garvey on the bench. please and where did you pluck feldt from?
I would absolutely sign Thurston on a one year deal until Ash Taylor & Nathan Cleary come off contract.

You sign Tedesco and he will do absolutely nothing with Mbye at HB and Lichaa at hooker.

With our currents halves and hooker there is no creativity anywhere and you need a ball playing fullback like Moylan and Darius Boyd.

Feldt? He is off-contract and he is a superb goalkicker, not to mention his form over the last couple of years which craps all over any of our wingers.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Move Reynolds to hooker (need his passion in the 13) and let Lichaa go
Reynolds' service from dummy half sucks, and he can't defend anywhere near well enough to wear #9

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye to Hooker, re-sign Garvey for peanuts and put him backup on the bench. We need a second hooker on the bench.
Tedesco Fullback
Foran/Brooks Halfback
Dean Pay or Dymock or Lamb as Coach

There's your spine!

Hasler, Reynolds, Hoppa, Lichaa, Holland, Elliott. GONE!!!
Foran is done and dusted, finished.

Soon as he left Manly his career went downhill

Foran is junk.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If josh thinks he's worth $800k, he's going to be very surprised when he hits the open market and gets knocked over by a tumbleweed the size of a bus.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Quoted from the "Breaking News" ...

"It is understood the St George Illawarra and Parramatta Eels have shown strong interest in Reynolds already for the 2018 season".

Although there is no source and not one name mentioned to back up this "scoop" Des Hasler has been touted as St George Illawarra's next coach. So... If Hasler is going to the Dragons and Josh Reynolds is a Hasler man the Dragons just might be stupid enough to pay Reynolds $800K a season if they're going to cough up what Hasler is going to want.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs can confirm that online speculation today surrounding Josh Reynolds contract situation is inaccurate.

“He is a valued member of the club and we are in continued negotiations with Josh and his management,” stated Bulldogs Chief Executive Raelene Castle this afternoon.

The Bulldogs this afternoon landed in Dunedin ahead of their Round Three clash with the New Zealand Warriors.

The team was greeted at the airport with a traditional Dunedin welcome and told how much the local rugby league community was looking forward to supporting them on Friday night.

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2017/03/15/josh_reynolds_update.html

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs can confirm that online speculation today surrounding Josh Reynolds contract situation is inaccurate.

“He is a valued member of the club and we are in continued negotiations with Josh and his management,” stated Bulldogs Chief Executive Raelene Castle this afternoon.

The Bulldogs this afternoon landed in Dunedin ahead of their Round Three clash with the New Zealand Warriors.

The team was greeted at the airport with a traditional Dunedin welcome and told how much the local rugby league community was looking forward to supporting them on Friday night.

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2017/03/15/josh_reynolds_update.html
Why is the club addressing this rumour? Why are they wasting their time. It's not like it gained that much traction. Address this then you may as well address all of them.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I would absolutely sign Thurston on a one year deal until Ash Taylor & Nathan Cleary come off contract.

You sign Tedesco and he will do absolutely nothing with Mbye at HB and Lichaa at hooker.

With our currents halves and hooker there is no creativity anywhere and you need a ball playing fullback like Moylan and Darius Boyd.

Feldt? He is off-contract and he is a superb goalkicker, not to mention his form over the last couple of years which craps all over any of our wingers.
I don't know about that. Many time last season Tedesco had nothing around him but he still managed to score tries and set up tries 'cause he hunts for the ball and carries the team when they're struggling.

But I agree that a halfback is more important than a fullback. But I still don't think re-signing a player on verge of retirement for a lot of money is a good idea.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is the club addressing this rumour? Why are they wasting their time. It's not like it gained that much traction. Address this then you may as well address all of them.
Usually 1 of 2 reasons:

1) They don't want it to cause problems in the team so close to an important game

or

2) It's true and they're trying to keep it quiet

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
To me it says that they are shit scared of a fan backlash due to him being "fan favourite" but the funny thing is the fanbase seems split down the middle on keeping him or letting him go.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wether you like Reynolds or not, he is loved by majority of Bulldogs , me included. He might not have the skills of other halves, but not many halves have the tenacity that Reynolds plays with. The way he plays his footy is reminiscent of Bulldogs of old. The 98 Dogs team lacked so much skill but they made up for it with heart which got them to the 98 GF and gave the Broncos a run for their money in the first half. Thats what i see when he plays, he loves the fans, acknowledges the fans as well and really liked in the community. No other Bulldogs player in the current team has that sort of relationship with the fans.

I remember years ago up here at CBUS stadium V Titans, my mates and i had been cheering him loudly all game. At fulltime he ran all the way from other end of field (around 80m) to us to shake our hands and thank us for his suppport. No other Dogs player has ever done that and i have been following DOgs for 33years now. He didnt have to come but he did, and he earnt my respect even more.

At least when he pulls the DOGS jersey on, he plays with pride and passion, and he even gets really excited at times and does dumb things just because he wants to win, i personally would rather see my team play with pride and passion and fail then to deliver the current crap we have been served lately. I saw more pride and passion from the 2008 team then this current team, and yes i went to every single game and watched and cheered even when we were getting flogged by the opposition and won the wooden spoon.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will be off to England... every other team has a better five eight option... we need a fresh up in our spine, it is by far the worst in the comp

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To me it says that they are shit scared of a fan backlash due to him being "fan favourite" but the funny thing is the fanbase seems split down the middle on keeping him or letting him go.
This

I mentioned that Reynolds has the bargaining chips in his favour. The first belmore game showed how much fans love Reynolds and the board are shit scared

beaudean

Waterboy
Reaction score
I wonder y they are addressing it though?were did the rumour come from

Status
Not open for further replies.