bulldogs head coach superthread

Status
Not open for further replies.

phelps_fan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Announced tonight at Member's Awards that it will be known by the end of the week. Hints by the players suggest wit will be Dymock.

marsvolta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
thanks phelps fan (cameron? michael? peter?)

i wonder what the hints were. Imjay Ymockday?

fra250

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
ladies and gentlemen......
GET READY FOR ANOTHER POOR YEAR.
i like jim dymock, but he aint no head coach.
WELDONE GREENBERG!!!

ANOTHER CRAP YEAR

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We simply don't have the players for a rookie coach to make dent in this kind of competition. Next year will be a write off.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If you wade in the ocean long enough, sooner or later a perfect wave will come along ;).

Don't think if Dymock is signed for only 2012 that this is a bad thing.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
We simply don't have the players for a rookie coach to make dent in this kind of competition. Next year will be a write off.

Of the available coaches on the market, who would you be happy with?

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
O please this is the biggest load of crap.

Props: Tolman, Graham, Kasiano Millington
2nd Row: Pritchard, Browne Payne, Taupau Stagg, Halatau, Finucane, Eastwood.
Dummy: Ennis, Romelo
Halfback: Hodkinson- Every year players have 2nd year syndrome. I can assure you next year the same will happen with DCE.
Five eighth: Josh Reynolds
Wing: Turner, Wright, Morris, Goodwin (might be slow, but can catch a ball)
Centre: Morris, Wright, Lafai, Rauicava
Fullback: Barba.

You cannot tell me that this team cannot be extremely competitive next year. The forwards might not be big but they get the job done. With a handful of ball playing 2nd rowers, we have a very devastating forward pack and potentially a great bench. Wingers are reliable and consistent; they don’t need to be stand outs. Centres is our biggest problem, but then again if Morris stays fit, and Lafai has his early year form then they will be fine. Halfback and Five eight, will be fine, providing that Keating isn’t in there. From what I saw of the last few rounds they are improving under a new coach and will continue. We don’t need a team full of start players at all, just look at Manly no star players that could win the comp by themselves. Look at the warriors, they put in a consistent effort week in week out and peak at the right time, they make the GF.

P

Paint.

Halfback: Hodkinson- Every year players have 2nd year syndrome. I can assure you next year the same will happen with DCE.

You cannot tell me that this team cannot be extremely competitive next year. The forwards might not be big but they get the job done. With a handful of ball playing 2nd rowers, we have a very devastating forward pack and potentially a great bench. Wingers are reliable and consistent; they don’t need to be stand outs. Centres is our biggest problem, but then again if Morris stays fit, and Lafai has his early year form then they will be fine. Halfback and Five eight, will be fine, providing that Keating isn’t in there. From what I saw of the last few rounds they are improving under a new coach and will continue. We don’t need a team full of start players at all, just look at Manly no star players that could win the comp by themselves. Look at the warriors, they put in a consistent effort week in week out and peak at the right time, they make the GF.
We have a good squad on paper, yeah, with a lot of potential, but this year and last year have both shown that we don't have the mental ability to go for the full 80. Not fit enough, not big enough.

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score

lol Last year proved that it doesn't matter how good your roster is, if you have a sh*t coach with sh*t systems in place you will get no where; I hope Dymock can do something but I seriously won't be holding my breath.

Habs is completely right.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
WELDONE GREENBERG!!!
Well what should he do then? The club is trying to sign the best coach in the comp over the last 5 years and people are whinging. He is not available till 2013 potentially. What do you want them to do for 2012? Even if we give up on Hasler, there isnt many quality coaches available anyway!

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Everybody whinges but no-one has the nuts to say exactly who they want of the available coaches once you take Hasler, Stuart, Bellamy etc out of the mix.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
I'm going to be the next coach. Tomato Sauce told me so. Watch this space...

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Of the available coaches on the market, who would you be happy with?
Everybody whinges but no-one has the nuts to say exactly who they want of the available coaches once you take Hasler, Stuart, Bellamy etc out of the mix.
can anyone respond to this realistically without just sitting back and taking cheap shots at the club with zero alternatives?

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
can anyone respond to this realistically without just sitting back and taking cheap shots at the club with zero alternatives?

lol... the silence is deafening isn't it.

Compulsive critics that pretend to be armchair GM's. I can't think of anything lamer tbh.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No matter what happens, some people will just never be satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.