Bulldogs have Aprox $550 000 to spend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeh maybe im wrong....im not an insider in the club, i just thought it too soon for him to get big bucks when only having played a couple of FG games, in which he was good but not 'superstar" yet. If he can get 100K after that, good luck to him! Lucky bugger. No doubt if he continues to improve $100k would be pittance to what he ends up getting.
I agree with you, i guess he dont really care about money considering he turned down over 100k from the rorters.Todays modern game, clubs are looking for young and big mobile players, and there hoping to find another falou,inglis or Inu. Carl Falinga was paid way over his worth but guess they was looking for the next Falou.Toni Williams offered good contract from Manly i think his no where near worth that yet.But am guessing the club thinks they can make into the next big thing.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeh maybe im wrong....im not an insider in the club, i just thought it too soon for him to get big bucks when only having played a couple of FG games, in which he was good but not 'superstar" yet. If he can get 100K after that, good luck to him! Lucky bugger. No doubt if he continues to improve $100k would be pittance to what he ends up getting.
100k is nothing under the current salary cap.

Think of how many woeful players, with nowhere near the potential Idris has are on at least 3 times that much.

Brett White is on 300+, so is Ben Ross. Canberra tried to sign Nathan Smith back from Penrith for 250k or something absurd! Brent Tate is on 450k! He may be an Origin player and Australian rep but there is no way on earth he is worth 450k and Idris only 100k.

Penrith signed that Greg Waddell kid to 100k+ as a 16 year old and he hasn't played FG and the same with the Eagles and Hopoate's son. Cronulla signed Filiga for 200k or so. The list goes on...

There are tonnes of players on alot of money who aren't worth it and there are more kids who are unproven who are on well over 100k.

I don't know what Idris is on, but what I am saying is that if you don't re-sign your gun youngsters for about that amount or a little more and lock them up for a few years you will lose them straight away because every other team in the comp is more than willing to pay that much for these kids. Whether they are proven or not. Teams will take the punt. Sometimes it works out and sometimes these kids are flops. But good teams make the right decisions in locking up the ones they know will make it. Idris and Kite seem to fit into that category. As do Barba and Harrison.

And then you will be left with no young talent who could blossom into the next big thing and barely any of your cap space (100k) which they would have taken up.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
In the end if he contributes im happy. I am sure the club knows better than i do. I guess im looking at 100K as more money than it is in football too.

conorbjq

New Pup
Reaction score
looking ahead

I have been a bulldogs fan since i came to australia in 1981, as a belfast boy not knowing anything about rugby league until one of my dads friends who had been in aus for a while told us to go belmore oval to watch the bulldogs as we only lived around the corner at lakemba. I was 8 years old at the time and me and my dad could not belive what we were watching and i was hooked on them from that day, and i have to say i have never been so pumped about the team we have got.I know we have lost some great players but with players like idris and barba and kite coming through with good hardend players the next 3 years is looking good, and i think kevin moore is going to show what he as got. He is not in the aus camp for nothing go you dogs with all thats gone on in the past 7 years you are still the greatest club in the past 30 years and will be for the next 30 years and more."GO DOGS"

Last edited by a moderator:

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can't wait for 2009 season. The money will have to recruit for 2010 season. Hopefully we sign some rampaging second rowers and young backs.

Loyal2dagame

Waterboy
Reaction score
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs - Is a big boy and would help put some intimidation back into our forward pack
Simon Mannering - I believe he will become the best 2nd rower in the nrl
Manu Vatuvei - replacement for haz and imagine how quickly we would get back over the half way line from a kick with utai and vatuvei at the back.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
^^ lol you don't know wtf you're on about.
kimlo go f*** yourself you bi-team supporting little germ. all you ever do is post for the sake of posting. i am so sick of your nothing contributions to every god damn thread and i am only here a cpl hrs a week. you fail @ life

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We should try and get SBW back
yeh then Price will also come back and Thurston...while we are at it we can get Folksie back to coach.

Backwards is never the right way to go.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
imagine the press if sbw and mason came back,both in crutches...stranger things have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.