Bulldogs have Aprox $550 000 to spend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind some one like Dave Taylor from the bronx, Never know what that guy is capable of.

Then someone like Phil Graham, still have nightmares of times he has screwed us over, very injury prone and inconsistent but I would roll the dice for some genuine pace out wide.

I would also have a crack at Fuifui. The guy is a mad man no doubt but would be sweet to get some polli connections happening with Kite and Fuifui. And if that will not form the best front row in the comp, I would be scared sh1tless at what can be bigger or more aggressive then that :P LoL

Then if there is still money left over pick up the other Morris boy :P

lol

G

giant

corey patterson.. what a top player.. really underrated

i'd throw 200k at him at least

and if he rejects that offer immediately offer 280k.

preying that we get him
that will be money well spent the man has everthing.only thing missing the blue and white jersey

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Going from the link I would probably re-sign

Groomy
Jack (depends if he steps up this year and makes either half or hooker his own)
Penehoe
Danny Williams (we went from 10 williams to 1. LoL So need to keep the williams name alive :P)

Then might throw a 1yr contract to Ryan.

other then that we dont have real talent coming off contract, some kids might stand up in 09 demanding to be re-signed but i guess that is about all.

Clarke, Foster, Worsley all have potential but need to step up and crack 1st grade otherwise they will be reserve graders aka dead wood so might aswell be cut

Nisbet is quite possibly worst player I have seen in a dogs **** in years :P

Feel sorry for the kid but he looks like he has no idea what he is suppose to do on the field. Hope he proves me wrong in 09. Is he still around at the club or was he released???

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just remembered Sullivan needs to be added to the list of players that will be off contract at the end of 09 and will almost certainly not be re-signed the way things are looking and barring a gigantic form reversal.

It is just an estimate but that would have to be another 160-200k coming off the books and adding to our huge amount of cap space for 2010.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
I want Utai to stay, out of the ones that are off contract he makes me jizz in my pants. The rest that are off contract, i had hopes for however they never excelled. Millard i am a fan of but reminds me of G Unit and i dont want any w*nkers in our team

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
spoke to mullholland yesterday at the trials and he said they are not signing anyone at this stage...

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
does anyone still have their 'bred not bought' tv shirts from last year?

those may be valueble one day:p

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Saving money is a good re-enactment.
Still very strong.
If we can pick up another sponser, well and good scenario.
If we lose Reni because of his decisions, what's best for our
RLC
If we do or don't have Reni,David Stagg or whoever,
I still think that The Bulldogs
will be the best Team in
The World.
Who knows the story of the
Ugly Duckling...
Or when Phar Lap was level last only to win
The Melbourne Cup.
In any scenario we're still a successful RLC
If a scenario affords the RLC to have a player improve their
footballing prowess, awesome. Remember when in 08 Origin Ben got involved in the improv play, passes the
ball to Lockyer and it's Qld try
time.
I saw something in that pass.
Prediction for 09-more improv play.
It's time-on for
The Mighty Bulldogs Set.
lol, do you write for the tele crap? Rebecca Wilson?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
k hunt- if patten out or b morris
vatuvei-put some intimidation back into our 3/4 defence-
j simpson-promising souths outside back, cheap ;)

i dont think we should be forking out + 200k for 1st yr rookie. second year syndrome.david williams p!ox

s thaiday-size power and versatility, in short bursts
n plum- tackling machine for raiders this season
g hall-former bulldogs, kept improving in everygame this yr right up untill the gf
t mannah-promising highworkrate type player from parra
petro 70centsalitre would work his ass off as always and would allow kite to be the impact player the he should focus on becoming
ben creagh-classy ball handling lock forward willing and able to break the line
justin poore-runs hard tackles hard
nate myles-he was a hitman when he played for us
simmon mannering- versatile backrow/ centre runs great angles into holes, high workrate in defence
g ellis-even if he doesnt impress in 09 i have a feeling this guy will his mark on the nrl.

obviously we cant afford all these guys...can we ?!?!? :grinning:

this is just a shortlist of players i would be approaching, if not one then the other.

B

Ben Godberts

k hunt- if patten out or b morris
vatuvei-put some intimidation back into our 3/4 defence-
j simpson-promising souths outside back, cheap ;)

i dont think we should be forking out + 200k for 1st yr rookie. second year syndrome.david williams p!ox

s thaiday-size power and versatility, in short bursts
n plum- tackling machine for raiders this season
g hall-former bulldogs, kept improving in everygame this yr right up untill the gf
t mannah-promising highworkrate type player from parra
petro 70centsalitre would work his ass off as always and would free up kite to became impact player
ben creagh-classy ball handling lock forward willing and able to break the line
justin poore-runs hard tackles hard
nate myles-he was a hitman when he played for us
simmon mannering- versatile backrow/ centre runs great angles into holes, high workrate in defence
g ellis-if even he doesnt totally impress in 09 i have a feeling this guy is going to leave his mark on the nrl

Salary cap

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Yeh its amazing how many star players people think we can fit under the cap.

K hunt wont come here anyway. Buckley's chance.
is that ur attitude if u r ceo, 'k hunt wont come here anyway'

pfft!! show some pride in ur club mate.if k hunt is off contract and patten has a f**ked back then any ceo who wouldnt approach because he has confidence issues should just go sack himself in the nuts

u never say never bro, its not the bulldogs way

Last edited by a moderator:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
is that ur attitude if u r ceo, 'k hunt wont come here anyway'

pfft!! show some pride in ur club mate.if k hunt is off contract and patten has a f**ked back then any ceo who wouldnt approach because he has confidence issues should just go sack himself in the nuts

u never say never bro, its not the bulldogs way
Look im happy for them to ask...no denying Hunt is a gun.....i just dont see him coming here. Only my opinion and from what i read in the papers here in Qld.

Also Patten isnt written off yet

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
keep the money for thurston, bring him back

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has played what 4 ot 5 games? We have experienced players on less than 200k so why would he get 100k yet

Your well thought out reply was a little excessive considering i was simply questioning how much he was getting paid. I wasnt saying hes a bad player you nobody.
I agree with the responce being a little excessive. I do however agree! If you think a Idris would have signed for less than $100k you live in fairy land. Every club in the NRL would have been after him. My guess with offers over what he stayed at the dogs for.

I agree also with the fact he still needs to prove himself, but football doesn't work like that. Look at the likes of Tony Williams. He signed for $180k with Manly before he ever stepped on the field in an NRL game.

Whether he is worth it remains to be seen. But I rekon he has signed for similar to Tony Williams. He is Big & Strong the main requirement for bringing a kid through early. The fact we are light on for centres aside from Morris. He will get his chance to shine in the big time next season for sure.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree with the responce being a little excessive. I do however agree! If you think a Idris would have signed for less than $100k you live in fairy land. Every club in the NRL would have been after him. My guess with offers over what he stayed at the dogs for.

I agree also with the fact he still needs to prove himself, but football doesn't work like that. Look at the likes of Tony Williams. He signed for $180k with Manly before he ever stepped on the field in an NRL game.

Whether he is worth it remains to be seen. But I rekon he has signed for similar to Tony Williams. He is Big & Strong the main requirement for bringing a kid through early. The fact we are light on for centres aside from Morris. He will get his chance to shine in the big time next season for sure.
Yeh maybe im wrong....im not an insider in the club, i just thought it too soon for him to get big bucks when only having played a couple of FG games, in which he was good but not 'superstar" yet. If he can get 100K after that, good luck to him! Lucky bugger. No doubt if he continues to improve $100k would be pittance to what he ends up getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.