News Bulldogs half Lachlan Lewis reveals sledge that ignited running battle with Rabbitohs skipper

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lewis is nowhere near the build of Sutton or matterson. He would get killed at lock.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His best position is centre but just doesn’t have the speed.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
and by the looks of it youre the immortal of all halfbacks?

The kid has ticker no doubt. But to suggest a kid who is 1.91m, 90kgs and still growing, is a half, its quite obvious you have never played in the halves
upload_2019-4-21_12-38-15.png

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why wouldn’t Lewis work at lock currently ? All he does is tackle and tackles well he’s much better then Elliot at it. With no stars in our lineup maybe we need to think outside the box moving forward to get results.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn’t Lewis work at lock currently ? All he does is tackle and tackles well he’s much better then Elliot at it. With no stars in our lineup maybe we need to think outside the box moving forward to get results.
The problem would be getting extra hit ups and metres from elsewhere. 20 years ago Lewis would be the perfect lock and I’m not sure if you could get away with playing him at lock in todays game.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The problem would be getting extra hit ups and metres from elsewhere. 20 years ago Lewis would be the perfect lock and I’m not sure if you could get away with playing him at lock in todays game.
I just don’t see the harm in trying it. If we had quality at Lock you wouldn’t think about it. Lewis needs to work on his attacking game and I believe Cogger needs to take the lead role with this lineup. Cogger has shown some nice things but Lewis seems to have taken the lead role when attacking atm. And it’s not pretty

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I just don’t see the harm in trying it. If we had quality at Lock you wouldn’t think about it. Lewis needs to work on his attacking game and I believe Cogger needs to take the lead role with this lineup. Cogger has shown some nice things but Lewis seems to have taken the lead role when attacking atm. And it’s not pretty
Jackson is better lock.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d rather Jacko personally for this year and I’d keep Lewis in the halves and see if he can make the adjustments in his game to cope with not having as much space and time as he did last year. If he still looks like he is struggling get him in the gym all off season then see how he can go in the back row.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d rather Jacko personally for this year and I’d keep Lewis in the halves and see if he can make the adjustments in his game to cope with not having as much space and time as he did last year. If he still looks like he is struggling get him in the gym all off season then see how he can go in the back row.
For sure. Jackson at lock makes sense. But if it’s going to be Elliot then get Lewis bulking up.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
His future os where he is right now and learning to do it better he is still learning his trade. Shit talk from ppl saying he needs to go to hooker or he isn't "creative" enough is pathetic considering the team as a whole are young and learning. It would be nothing short of stupidity to move players out of their postion hoping that the team is going to do better in our current situation
Totally agree he will end up being a gun half ive said on here a number of times he will make mistakes hes young we have to be patient,some on here are delusional they expect jt straight away
Also we have no great depth in halves yet people want to move the one decent one to a different position wtf our issues are centre/wing and prop

Last edited:

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis reminds me of michael hagan . he had a pretty good career with slow speed... mmmm would be a good coach for us ????????

Last edited:

pugsley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The difference between Lewis 18 to 19
Easy the Morris brothers

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Those aimless kicks on the 4th did my fkn head in

Kids got heart

Just wish he had brains too

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Id take him hanging off a front rower for 4 metres for 1-2 try assists a game

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Only trouble is lately both lewis and cogger are playing well before the line. Lewis is just pumping early ball wide and cogger has just been bringing players back on a inside line. It gives opposition defenders plenty of time to readjust. Both have gone away from digging into the line.
Meaney is not pushing up with our forwards instead just waiting out the back for a block play on 4 which they are slow to execute playing well back before the line. Absolutely nothing in attack.
There must be two things going on here. A lack of talent and skill, which we cant change until we go shopping, and coaching.
Lewis, Cogger and Meaney need to dig into the line. None of this slow shifting passes. Too predictable. It’ll come with time though.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has some great attributes but...
Not a running threat so never going to be a class centre.
Not a natural ball playing half or organiser and i cant see that changing.
His defensive ability suggests he is capable of having a decent career but i think needs to put on 10kg and become an edge player or ball playing lock or forget about NRL.
Maybe he is not a natural but he does have the attributes to be a decent half, he was awesome towards the end of last season and has been playing in a bad roster since he made his debut.
This kid will kill it behind a domanating pack of forwards
He has not had the opportunity to play in a decent team yet, a couple of decent strike signings and Lewis will excel

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Look at the modern day locks with the exception of Victor Radley, they are all like another prop these days so Lewis would have no hope in the middle
Brandon Smith - 180cm, 94kg

Cameron Murray - 184cm, 90kg

Victor Radley - 182cm, 92kg

Lachlan Lewis - 191cm, 90kg

No hope you say? Considering Lewis is an exceptional defender who can handle the defensive workload with ease, he is a young man who is still growing.

Lewis will be playing lock in a few years, if not, he definitely wont be playing in the halves in the NRL