Bulldogs former players come out of retirement for legends of league game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol, you mock Morrin and Armit yet Turner deserves to be there. It's clear as day you have an agenda against El Masri, as I keep saying each to their own, I'm not trying to convince you and if you feel happy at the players there good for you, please don't justify it to me.

1. I am not mocking armit and moron for playing in this game good on them for putting there hand up I'm just saying they are not Legends which is what you are basing your argument on with turner.

2. I don't have a problem with elmasri I was his biggest fan during his career not sure why you would think I have an agenda against him?

All I'm saying is he wasn't our greatest winger and wouldn't call him a league legend.

Loved him as a player though but doesn't mean he was the best or anywhere near the best.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All I'm saying is he wasn't our greatest winger and wouldn't call him a league legend.
You honestly wouldn't call him a league legend? Now the bloke was not the most flashiest explosive player about. Thats for sure and the game definitely got past him in the end .
But to have over 10 years of realible service. And to average over 7 points a game his whole career, be a 1 club man join the exclusive 300 club and be the highest point scorer of all times surley deserves a legendary status.
Theres a few players that can be on absolute fire for a few years and be freaks of nature. Theres fewer that can have a long constant career .

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You honestly wouldn't call him a league legend? Now the bloke was not the most flashiest explosive player about. Thats for sure and the game definitely got past him in the end .
But to have over 10 years of realible service. And to average over 7 points a game his whole career, be a 1 club man join the exclusive 300 club and be the highest point scorer of all times surley deserves a legendary status.
Theres a few players that can be on absolute fire for a few years and be freaks of nature. Theres fewer that can have a long constant career .

Like I said I loved him in his early years, no one was more disappointed then me when Gavin leather replaced him in 98 BUT step back and have a look he wasn't above others in talent. Same thing with Darl halligan

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

forget the goal kicking, you need to be something special to score 159 trys in a career.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol, you mock Morrin and Armit yet Turner deserves to be there. It's clear as day you have an agenda against El Masri, as I keep saying each to their own, I'm not trying to convince you and if you feel happy at the players there good for you, please don't justify it to me.
All jokes aside, last time I saw El magic he looked like he had swallowed the rabbit and the doves. He couldn't run to the dunny if he had the trots. At least Turner has stayed fit and after all it is a footy game.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All jokes aside, last time I saw El magic he looked like he had swallowed the rabbit and the doves. He couldn't run to the dunny if he had the trots. At least Turner has stayed fit and after all it is a footy game.
Agree with your point that he hasn't kept in good shape.

But I certainly don't agree with some players included in our team in this tournament (some who crapped on the club at the first opportunity after they left) however as you say you need players who are fit and put their hands up to do it.

I've also never understood why Turner who played at 3 clubs and only about 50 odd games for us was given a cushy job after he retired. Whilst I respect almost every player who has pulled on our jersey I'll never consider him a legend of our club.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

well thats a lebanese thing and the full of cholesterol lebanese food they eat every day.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with your point that he hasn't kept in good shape.

But I certainly don't agree with some players included in our team in this tournament (some who crapped on the club at the first opportunity after they left) however as you say you need players who are fit and put their hands up to do it.

I've also never understood why Turner who played at 3 clubs and only about 50 odd games for us was given a cushy job after he retired. Whilst I respect almost every player who has pulled on our jersey I'll never consider him a legend of our club.
I seem to remember his doing some sort of course in media prior to retirement, maybe a degree even and then he started doing those little interview things on the website and it went from there. I think he does OK with that sort of stuff but you're right, he would never be associated with "legend" status with us.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good luck to them, I actually get married in 2 weeks!
I wasn't even thought of when gearin scored that brilliant try! Good times, the entertainers! Seems like we are a long way off that stuff now.....

Well ,all the best to you too coach!

Maybe you can celebrate an Intrust win as well that weekend on the Sunday 24th. I assume the wedding day is the 23rd?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well ,all the best to you too coach!

Maybe you can celebrate an Intrust win as well that weekend on the Sunday 24th. I assume the wedding day is the 23rd?
Yup actually fly to Sydney Sunday, so will watch it there somewhere and the go port Douglas

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have an excellent legends team here, would probably win the current NRL comp if they let them in it imho

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Will it be on tv?

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Living only 1 1/2 hours away just might saunter down for the day.....nine matches in one place and on the one day. Interesting to see just how well the golden oldies perform ; my goodness some of the blokes playing, will feel just like the old days.
ill be there im about 5 minutes up the road.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
ill be there im about 5 minutes up the road.
Lucky you. Should be a good day. Wonder if they will bring some of the old whistle blowers out of retirement. Do a better job than the current crop.

Status
Not open for further replies.