Bulldogs draw a joke no Thursday or Friday games

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Guess this is what happens when the corrupt officials continue to ref us out of games and the club just sits on it's hands does nothing about it.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ZFG also on this.
But if Snowmann likes it for his kids and taking them to a game thats great I'm well on board with this.
Did loads of that in my early teens with my old man after the parents divorced, it was fucking great. Nothing wrong with Saturday but Sunday arvo footy rocks as Gus says.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't do that, the publican gets pissed when I throw my shoes at the big screen.

Always a Bulldog
I’m not saying the same pub. It has to be a different one every time as I to throw my shoes at the TV

transporter

Waterboy
Reaction score
The tv channels run this game now. A joke, no Friday or Thursday night games at all. It’s a bloody disgrace

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not necessarily a bad thing.

It will guarentee that we don't have any 5 day turn arounds.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also the brand of football we have played in the past few seasons also made for some god awful viewing.

Before Barrett left we were averaging the worst points scored in a game, even the other spoon contenders played some more attractive football than we did. I doubt any neutral fans would've ever bothered tuning in to watch us play

Also don't we always get the friday game against Souths around easter?

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As usual the nrl are clueless with the draw and not to issue us a single time slot for Thursday or Friday night.
Corruption at its best.
There is only one thing we can do now and that’s just win the whole thing in 2023 .
Kennellers your thoughts
No Thursdays is a good thing. Thursday is the shittest timeslot

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
ZFG also on this.
But if Snowmann likes it for his kids and taking them to a game thats great I'm well on board with this.
Did loads of that in my early teens with my old man after the parents divorced, it was fucking great. Nothing wrong with Saturday but Sunday arvo footy rocks as Gus says.
sunday arvo definitely preferred for me also, training friday night then game on late saturday arvo. last year we had heaps of sat games so we couldnt go

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Last 2 years we finished 12th and last. Haven't made the finals in 6 years.

We do better in 2023 we should see more prime (tv) timeslot games in 2024.
True, we can’t expect to play like shot and get Friday night footy time slots. We’re not the broncos.

Seriously, our draw isn’t too bad overall, but we’re a ratings grabbing team and most experts are tipping us to be much better next year. You’d expect us to have more free to air games and a few Friday night footy time slots. I used to love Friday night footy (not at 6pm). The bastards at the NRL have taken that away from me.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
sunday arvo definitely preferred for me also, training friday night then game on late saturday arvo. last year we had heaps of sat games so we couldnt go
15 Sunday games this year. Should be able to go to most.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I haven't seen the draw and I must have misread the threat.

Everyone is saying we haven't got any Friday games.
Yeah you're right. I just assumed OP meant Thursday/Friday FTA but re-reading it, he does write no games on Thursday/Fridays @djdeep4172 ?

Is that published draw wrong or OP?

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, we were shit last year.
Yes, we don’t deserve the prime time.
To then give teams below us Friday night games?? Fuck you Vlandys you dog ct. eat a dick when we improve

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes, we were shit last year.
Yes, we don’t deserve the prime time.
To then give teams below us Friday night games?? Fuck you Vlandys you dog ct. eat a dick when we improve
Dogs are a family club & Saturday & Sundays are family friendly & Gus loves afternoon footy maybe he asked for afternoons??

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gives us a better chance of getting out to the games live instead of dealing with the woke advertisements on fox & 9

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As much as we don't deserve prime time games based on previous form, we're still a club that rates well even when we're struggling. With improvement in the second half of last year and more expected next season, you'd think we'd get a handful of games considering fellow bottom 8 teams like the Tigers, Broncos and even Dolphins have several..

It's exposure the clubs sponsors will be upset about not getting but hopefully after an improved season, we're back on prime time more in 2024 and beyond.