Bulldogs draw a joke no Thursday or Friday games

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't they come up with the Draw and scheduling before the end of the season like a month out? I always thought that was the case anyway, and up until that period it probably looked like we would be wooden spooners.

I think If we have a good season this year the scheduling will have been forgotten next year because we will have a heap of prime time games.

But as far as attending games, Thursday and Friday are a pain in the ass. Saturday or Sunday games much easier to get down to Sydney. And last season we had a heap of Friday 6PM games that suck big time. Only got to two home games last year :-(

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Free to air is all about ratings..
How many dog fans didn’t even bother to tune in or left mid game the past 4 years due to how boring and crap we were playing.
We have ourselves to blame. Even opposition fans would of hating watching us.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its all good tbh, we wont have any short turnarounds between games, easier for away games , more preparation, more recovery time etc
P.s hi buzz

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As usual the nrl are clueless with the draw and not to issue us a single time slot for Thursday or Friday night.
Corruption at its best.
There is only one thing we can do now and that’s just win the whole thing in 2023 .
Kennellers your thoughts
Frankly it's better than the Friday 6.00 pm slot, I think we've copped something like 25% of that slot in the last couple of years.
The National Rorts League, Fox sports and Nane Networks aren't corrupt...
We are just a bunch of conspiracy theorists ...According to some :fearscream: :rage:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As usual the nrl are clueless with the draw and not to issue us a single time slot for Thursday or Friday night.
Corruption at its best.
There is only one thing we can do now and that’s just win the whole thing in 2023 .
Kennellers your thoughts
As a night shift worker this is music to my ears. Don't miss any games on TV now unless they are sunday night

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I don’t mind a Saturday afternoon game because we cancelled our Foxtel or Kayo or whatever it is and so I get to wander up the pub and have a few beers and watch the game.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Frankly it's better than the Friday 6.00 pm slot, I think we've copped something like 25% of that slot in the last couple of years.
The National Rorts League, Fox sports and Nane Networks aren't corrupt...
We are just a bunch of conspiracy theorists ...According to some :fearscream: :rage:
I'm sure our sponsors would appreciate the same kind of fta exposure that the Dolphins will receive but we just have to suck it up till we get better.

If Gus thought it was an issue, he probably could have put in a suggestion to the head of footy TV scheduling at ch9...maybe in 2024 fans can watch the team on fta.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“I actually reckon Fox Sports will be happy about us getting the raw end.
Well as a veteran fan I’m certainly not happy about it. I fkn hate fox and kayo, but what can you do? I’ll have to revert to free streaming.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Corruption at its best.
Kennellers your thoughts
Perhaps not too surprising considering our position on the table in last few years. As our performance improves, we will climb the table over time. Gus (and now CC) is trying to do his best on this front, to recruit to enhance and balance the roster, re-establishing junior pathways etc. More prime time viewing will then come our way. As Gus says “have patience” [emoji23]

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t mind a Saturday afternoon game because we cancelled our Foxtel or Kayo or whatever it is and so I get to wander up the pub and have a few beers and watch the game.
Unfortunately I can't do that, the publican gets pissed when I throw my shoes at the big screen.

Always a Bulldog

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thursday & Fridays are the worst days anyway. At least we have some consistency between every game. Training can be consistent without short and long weeks.
Watching games on 9 is also shit.