Bulldogs Culture 2023

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Instead of getting flogged in the off season and working on shit they were learning about everyone’s culture and what they do on Christmas Day. A 3 day camp to carry on about feelings and how oppressed they are where as the other elite teams go to army camps get flogged and break and harden up

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
What's the bulldogs culture now 2023, what's the vision?

Growing up, the dogs were a team opposition hated to play against. You knew, you played against the dogs! We would be tough as fuk, skill level didn't matter, we'd bash you!

Will we be that team with the current culture moving forward?

Or we can't do that in this era?
The Bulldogs role is to provide an easy 2 competition points to our opponents and to facilitate good teams and teams pushing to scrape into the 8 improving their for and against differential.

And a lot of the players don't seem to care or at least they don't care as much as the fans - who are hurting at the moment.

That's the current Bulldogs culture.

Last edited:

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Bulldogs role is to provide an easy 2 competition points to our opponents and to facilitate good teams and teams pushing to scrape into the 8 improve their for and against differential.

And a lot of the players don't seem to care or at least they don't care as much as the fans - who are hurting at the moment.

That's the current Bulldogs culture.
Surely we are a testing ground for how far the refs can push the rules too

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Think we should shut up with “bulldogs culture” and create a culture based of the back of hard work not in the image of what past legends made for the club.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've lost most games for the past few years, and that sort of mindset and culture isn't an easily turned around thing.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Prince is self proclaimed in charge of culture this season and from what I'm watching on game day he's doing an outstanding job. My only issue is that he's been left out of the team and should be the first man given his jersey every game

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People on hear talk like it was supposed to suddenly all change with CC taking over.

A true culture shift takes a long time, and o prefer that we get it right rather than having short-term successes.

We'll get there. And we'll create our own new culture.

People need to stop living on past successes. We'll get there
Cause us fans (especially TK) know best… (sarcasm inserted)

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know it's hard to believe but there are still two teams going worse than us.

We have time to regroup, we have to grind out some results after the bye.

The first thing I'd be looking at if I was Ciraldo is to take some pressure off Kiraz. If our forwards suck (which they do) we need as much help from outside backs as possible. This means finding a spot for Skelton (yardage) see Sivo's performance.

We need some x-factor in attack. I'd be moving Averillo to fullback immediately. I also believe we need the experience of Burns in the side. I would not carry Rajab on the bench either. Absolute waste of a spot.

1. Averillo
2. JAC
3. Burns
4. Kiraz
5. Skelton

14. Alamoti on the bench because yardage and backline cover.

My biggest issue with Ciraldo was moving Averillo from FB!!! He has to realise his fuck ups and swallow his pride.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s players like Okunbur, Josh Reynolds , Alamoti. Players who “love the club”. They only love the club because no one else wants them. Our culture is rewarding mediocrity in the guise of loyalty and juniors.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paying a big price for spending the whole pre season celebrating diversity and trying to build ‘connection and culture’. I called out the bs tug fest that was going on in the pre season and got slaughtered for some reason.

Just focus on trying to play good football you *****

The dogs marketing/media team deserve pay rises cos they wel and truly pulled the wool over the fans eyes along with Ciraldo’s wokeness

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Paying a big price for spending the whole pre season celebrating diversity and trying to build ‘connection and culture’. I called out the bs tug fest that was going on in the pre season and got slaughtered for some reason.

The dogs marketing/media team deserve pay rises cos they wel and truly pulled the wool over the fans eyes along with Ciraldo’s wokeness
Signing Josh Reynolds was the perfect example of how far backwards our club has gone. He is not to blame for the position on the ladder but it’s the symbolism of what happened during that period and the PR bullshit masking the shit squad we have.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
T

The only positive of how badly we are going is seeing the mental breakdown of certain posters on here who attacked us the start of the year for being realists. Now they are finally seeing the darkness and it’s so sweet

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s players like Okunbur, Josh Reynolds , Alamoti. Players who “love the club”. They only love the club because no one else wants them. Our culture is rewarding mediocrity in the guise of loyalty and juniors.
Great stuff Berries that's dead right. It's just empty words in search of a payday cause they have no where else to go.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I called it out to and the backlash was epic but not surprising sadly. The whole Kennel was celebrating the signing of Renyolds, listening to his talk of culture and passion would equate to season full of cricket scores and finals football.

unfortunately that's just empty talk that counts for absolutely nothing in a modern NRL game.

Last edited:

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Signing Josh Reynolds was the perfect example of how far backwards our club has gone. He is not to blame for the position on the ladder but it’s the symbolism of what happened during that period and the PR bullshit masking the shit squad we have.
And true not his fault where the team is at currently but in a way he's played a part just by banging his drum and deceiving the coach and the club that he's still a professional athlete when he hasn't been for years. His whole time at tigers he sucked bad.

But had a sore shoulder

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
T

The only positive of how badly we are going is seeing the mental breakdown of certain posters on here who attacked us the start of the year for being realists. Now they are finally seeing the darkness and it’s so sweet
I remember it vividly my friend. This entire forum hanging off Goulds every tweet, dick in hand. CC apparently was the real genius behind Penriths success

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The only culture the Bulldogs have in 2023 is a losing one.
Couldn’t agree more.. a loss is just like another day at work for the. Rinse/repeat !! Do it again next weekend.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to meet a bulldogs GF winner from the 80s a few months ago. A few beers were had. We spoke a lot about the Dogs of War era. It was Fkn great.

One thing that struck me is he didn’t have a clue who most of the players were that won in 04.

Maybe we put much emphasis on “Club Culture”. This ex-player was there to play footy the best he could, and do what Wok told him and go out there and bash the living shit out of opposition players.

Last edited: