Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Bulldogs contact David Furner to join Trent Barrett’s coaching staff

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever it is and whoever is our conditioner should get the players back into fitness training following week after our last game and flog the shit out of them. These guys have been paid well and not performed for a few years and it is easily seen when you look at the top sides how far off the pace we are.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm surprised there hasn't been and article saying that Barrett is considering a backflip to coach his beloved Dragons, a team that he took to the 1999 grand final against the Storm. Barrett who played the majority of his career at Illawarra and the dragons is a favourite son of the side, and since the sacking of Mcgregor have sounded out whether he is happy with the Dogs deal :p
Woah now, we already make sure journos don't need to properly research before they write a Dogs article, let's not give them material

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who are the top trainers/strength and conditioners going around at the moment. We are definitely the least fit and most poorly trained team in the comp (even back to haslers days) And even Donny got nothing out of our team.

Anyone in particular that is the benchmark?

back in the day it was billy Johnstone and the likes of Ronny Palmer. But seems lately it’s ex players with a certificate in personal training (like Grimaldi) the tough bastards seem to be gone.

Roger fabrice has a big following from some of the affluent playing group, even though his practices could be questioned wink wink if you know what I mean. And I didn’t mind Harris and ayoub but our fitness hasn’t been good for a long long time so I guess it’s time for change.

Anyone that stands out (like the mullholland of the trainers world).

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe with Trent Barrett being a young coach he will train with them like folkes used to. I reckon he would probably beat half of them at the moment
He used to train with them at Manly. My brother in law was in the 25 man squad (didn’t play first grade) but mentioned he used to do fitness with the players.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who are the top trainers/strength and conditioners going around at the moment. We are definitely the least fit and most poorly trained team in the comp (even back to haslers days) And even Donny got nothing out of our team.

Anyone in particular that is the benchmark?

back in the day it was billy Johnstone and the likes of Ronny Palmer. But seems lately it’s ex players with a certificate in personal training (like Grimaldi) the tough bastards seem to be gone.

Roger fabrice has a big following from some of the affluent playing group, even though his practices could be questioned wink wink if you know what I mean. And I didn’t mind Harris and ayoub but our fitness hasn’t been good for a long long time so I guess it’s time for change.

Anyone that stands out (like the mullholland of the trainers world).
Fat bloke at the Titans, Dan Ferris appears to be the likely candidate after old mate from Parra knocked us back.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He used to train with them at Manly. My brother in law was in the 25 man squad (didn’t play first grade) but mentioned he used to do fitness with the players.
its good, you would think they would get into shape pretty quick after the fear of the coach showing them up, also might help the coach and players bond and have a higher respect of each other

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely there is some hardarse pt looking to get into the bigtime

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
saw it on a couple of the doggies pages on facebook

NovaScotiaDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thanks. Was head coach at.canberra and assistant at south Sydney. Also coached Leeds rhinos as well. Good pedigree. Hopefully would be an excellent signing. I was honk he was a hard nosed forward too which would compliment Barrett you would think. Thanks for the info don’t have Facebook myself