• Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Official Bulldogs/Clydesdales Partnership

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded x2
Gilded
Reaction score
Announced this morning, to hopefully entice future stars like Price and Thurston to Belmore:

Total Fool

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
The next JT & Price aye…

T.R

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great stuff from management, don't remember the last time I said prior to the current staff.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tap into the QLD talent gold mine, I like it.
Great news mate, for some time now I have found it interesting that QLD has produced many more of the top No7's and 9 than N.S.W.

Mutt Dafty

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't want any bogan Qlders playing for us

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The catchment area is massive now. We have pretty much north of Newcastle to Brisbane covered. Sure we won’t get them all but we are giving oursleves the best chance now.
Exactly right. Even if we don't wind up getting a lot of stars out of this, it'll hopefully mean that we get NRL quality depth filtering through our pathways constantly that we can get a few good years from without squandering a lot of cap space. This in turn should allow us to pay stars their value in influential positions. But it's far more likely we'll be finding some stand out players just because we're casting a wider net.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly right. Even if we don't wind up getting a lot of stars out of this, it'll hopefully mean that we get NRL quality depth filtering through our pathways constantly that we can get a few good years from without squandering a lot of cap space. This in turn should allow us to pay stars their value in influential positions. But it's far more likely we'll be finding some stand out players just because we're casting a wider net.
To use a fisherman's folly.... Bigger the net, better the catch.

Last edited:

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded x2
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have announced Blake Mara as their Academy Coach for the Toowoomba and south-west region.

As part of the new partnership between the Bulldogs and the Western Clydesdales, the NRL club is establishing an academy program in south-west Queensland to help develop players to rise through the Clydesdales ranks to the Bulldogs NRL team.

Read more: https://www.westernclydesdales.com.au/news/bulldogs-appoint-mara-as-academy-coach/