Bulldogs change name back to Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM-dog

Tough person
Reaction score
wooooo this is awesome! i literally did a double take when i saw this on the tele website and then yelled "YES!", so my roommate now thinks that i'm insane, but it's worth it to get our proper name back. god almighty 2009 is a good year.
How soon will know if the NRL approves of the name change?

Because until then, nothing's set in stone :(
i really really doubt the NRL will block it, i think greenberger is just covering himself because he got burnt during the whole strathfield fiasco.

purpleskittles

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is it inappropriate to say with news like this I will now be wiling to bear children for greenberg? LOL

Unbelievable news! My phone still has not stopped with the text messages! The GF this year would the icing on an unbelievably delicious cake!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahahahahahaha. Awesome fcking news! It's about time too.

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Quillen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL today denied the Bulldogs a name change due to it conflicting with NRL sponsorship of some sort or someshiit...

The NRL said today, "We have no real reason for denying them a name change... we just don't want to be seen being fair to them...".

hehe

WOOHOOOOOOoooo.... WE'RE BACK! After 10 long years of Rabs being the only one to keep calling us Canterbury Bankstown... WE... ARE.... BAAAAAAAACKKKK !!!!!!!!!!!

*hugs everybody like it's 10 X NYE*

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Man winning the GF this year would top it off. Unbelievable roller-coaster ride from 2008-2008.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just logged on, read this news and my heart smiled. This is the news of the year. Now all we need is a renovated Belmore and we can go back to our hometown.

That's our last wish.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
lol. yeah 08-08 was pretty hectic.
LMAO. Obvious typo - 08-09.

Everyone said this will never happen (just like BSG) - one check box left to tick and then it'll be back to the good old days.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Greenburg is God. :grinning:

He was what we needed after Noad tried to kill our heritage and image by moving us to Homebush.

This guy will take this club to levels never before reached.

DJ1

Ninjadillo
Reaction score
Everyone appears to be jizzing over our CEO on this one. The article speaks of this being a board decision. This could have been driven from operations up to the board or from the board down. It is unclear.

I would congratulate the board on this one. No offence Todd.

T

Toro

Noad tried to kill our heritage and image by moving us to Homebush
WTF!? Noad had nothing to do with any of that. We were already "The Bulldogs" playing out of Homebush by the time he took over.

If you need someone to blame for killing our heritage, and moving us away from our heartland... blame former CEO Bob Hagan!

It was under HIS reign that:
  • the "Canterbury-Bankstown" name was removed from our identity
  • we got busted for salary cap breaches
  • we moved away from Belmore, etc

Hagan was probably the most damaging CEO of them all!

T

Toro

Everyone appears to be jizzing over our CEO on this one. The article speaks of this being a board decision. This could have been driven from operations up to the board or from the board down. It is unclear.

We're not saying that Greenberg single-handedly made this happen.

We're just gauging our successes by the CEO who's running our club at the time.

We're in no position to thank Malcolm Noad. As not a lot of good came out of his leadership.

Steve Mortimer tried his hardest, but fell on his sword when the Coffs Harbour crap became too much to handle. He tried his best.

We're definitely in no position to thank Bob Hagan. We wouldn't have been busted for salary cap breaches had he (and his board at the time) acted more responsibly.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thanked both Greenberg and the board DJ. But you're right, the board does deserve alot of credit for this and every other brillaint change that has taken effect.

However since Greenberg is the CEO and leader of the club who appears before all of us time after time it is easier to praise him than it is 9 members of a board as he is the one in the spotlight, not them.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Omfg. I'm in heaven. <3

Todd is God. I loved Noad. But TODD IS GOD.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Wonderful news, and well done to Dr George Peponis & Todd Greenberg & anyone involved for making this happen.

S

Snake Jailbird

I would say that since Noad has left many innovative things have happened. If this had nothing to do with Todd then I will eat my members hat. Congratulations on the board for approving another Greenberg master stroke.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Waking up today - I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

I had the best sleep last night knowing we would be the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs once again (damn I had trouble typing Canterbury-Banksotwn.. it's been that long!! LOL).

This has to be one of the best moments of 2009, and one of the best moments of being a Bulldogs supporter I have ever experienced. I'm still smiling! :D

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey, Rami what are you doing this sunday?
Oh, nothing. Just gonna watch Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs play.....

Status
Not open for further replies.