News Bulldogs call for review of rules after Foran salary cap appeal rejected

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Have I hit a nerve..
Apparently everything is under control right..
Ha. Your shots are so wide of the mark you haven’t come close to a nerve. But at least you allow me to use the optimistic button now. Cheers.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Trying to be constructive.
Maybe they need to review the way they do things,their procedures etc because clearly if based on results to date it ain't working.... ( recruitment)
Continuous improvement
Let’s see how they go without restriction and judge them then mate

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully they are capable of change, we dont want them to be be like des with no plan b... if it aint working
Particularly if they are adamant and opinionated on the way they view and treat player managers.
Particularly if they are adamant and opinionated on the way they do things internally.
Why would anyone want to speak up in the joint for any new ideas or continuous improvement if they get castrated in doing so.
Ha. Your shots are so wide of the mark you haven’t come close to a nerve. But at least you allow me to use the optimistic button now. Cheers.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully they are capable of change, we dont want them to be be like des with no plan b... if it aint working
Particularly if they are adamant and opinionated on the way they view and treat player managers.
Particularly if they are adamant and opinionated on the way they do things internally.
Why would anyone want to speak up in the joint for any new ideas or continuous improvement if they get castrated in doing so.
It is night and day compared to the previous administration and coach on a number of levels. 2020 I think (and hope) will be better than 2018/19 and the future beyond that looks even brighter. Just stay the course Teddybear.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Twin turbo would know the answer..
If we get cap relief do we have a deadline when to use it?
It’s pretty obvious, the deadline is before Foran comes back. And/or if we want to keep the replacement when Foran does come back then they need to be signed before 30 June just like anyone else.

Go Dogs

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cheers Chris. Ive bookmarked that link. Google translate makes it hard to navigate the site but looks very interesting and definitely something id be interested in.
It's a very different type of museum. The displays are too sensitive and valuable to allow you roam around unsupervised. When they have enough visitors they lock the doors, then the guide takes you through each room explaining the exhibits, and operates them for you. Each room is locked as you leave it. The clockwork automaton figurines are worth the visit alone. Be warned, all tours are conducted in French; but you can email them and ask for a tour guide who speaks English. Even in French, you will get enough out of the displays. It's one of Switzerland's best kept secrets. You will be amazed at what a real music box sounds like. Truly, it will blow you away (so will their prices at their little shop.)
If you go there, take an SBB train to Yverdon-Les-Bains, and transfer to the narrow gauge train to Ste.Croix. The ride climbs a steep mountain slope and gives fantastic views over to the Swiss/French Alps - you can even see Mt.Blanc on a clear day. Best views are from the right hand side.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's a very different type of museum. The displays are too sensitive and valuable to allow you roam around unsupervised. When they have enough visitors they lock the doors, then the guide takes you through each room explaining the exhibits, and operates them for you. Each room is locked as you leave it. The clockwork automaton figurines are worth the visit alone. Be warned, all tours are conducted in French; but you can email them and ask for a tour guide who speaks English. Even in French, you will get enough out of the displays. It's one of Switzerland's best kept secrets. You will be amazed at what a real music box sounds like. Truly, it will blow you away (so will their prices at their little shop.)
If you go there, take an SBB train to Yverdon-Les-Bains, and transfer to the narrow gauge train to Ste.Croix. The ride climbs a steep mountain slope and gives fantastic views over to the Swiss/French Alps - you can even see Mt.Blanc on a clear day. Best views are from the right hand side.
Thanks Chris. I have saved all that info to word doc. My wife and I plan on going to Europe at some stage (if I ever finish House reno's). I hate shopping, Im interested in art/architecture etc so this is right up my alley.

Suppose we better get back on topic. Oh wait, where discussing Foran's $350k appeal.

:neutral:

Nup, I got nothin.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@Teddybear just a polite enquiry given he was on your infamous list of 20 confirmed failed signings...

Did the ‘do nothing board’ err in not signing a tasered, arrested and likely to face some not insignificant charges loose cannon named Curtis Scott?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that is the case, and so you politely tell me, then dinkum it all means nothing and pails into insignificance if they don't back it up by showing Adam Elliott the door right?
Otherwise your argument holds no water.
@Teddybear just a polite enquiry given he was on your infamous list of 20 confirmed failed signings...

Did the ‘do nothing board’ err in not signing a tasered, arrested and likely to face some not insignificant charges loose cannon named Curtis Scott?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If that is the case, and so you politely tell me, then dinkum it all means nothing and pails into insignificance if they don't back it up by showing Adam Elliott the door right?
Otherwise your argument holds no water.
You want to compare a bloke attacking police in a public space and having to be tasered vs a bloke who did a dumb thing by getting his kit off in a pub whilst singing at a private function - none of which the world would've known about if it wasn't for photographers climbing trees?

I'd love to compare Curtis' community work to Adam's. Methinks night and day.

And my argument holds no water?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, you keep on talking about recovering from the salary cap woes of the previous board right, well with the current board do you honestly believe we as a club have recovered from the collateral damage Elliot caused on mad Monday.
Destroyed our brand, our standing in the community, and of course sponsors walking..
You dont think it has had a detrimental effect in us gaining a major sponsor?
Yes you mention other factors are at play, but seriously we were a laughing stock, we did not need it.
He brought the club to its knees, and where I sit does not deserve a new contract.
You want to compare a bloke attacking police in a public space and having to be tasered vs a bloke who did a dumb thing by getting his kit off in a pub whilst singing at a private function - none of which the world would've known about if it wasn't for photographers climbing trees?

I'd love to compare Curtis' community work to Adam's. Methinks night and day.

And my argument holds no water?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, you keep on talking about recovering from the salary cap woes of the previous board right, well with the current board do you honestly believe we as a club have recovered from the collateral damage Elliot caused on mad Monday.
Destroyed our brand, our standing in the community, and of course sponsors walking..
You dont think it has had a detrimental effect in us gaining a major sponsor?
Yes you mention other factors are at play, but seriously we were a laughing stock, we did not need it.
He brought the club to its knees, and where I sit does not deserve a new contract.
Er - what do salary cap and Mad Monday have to do with each other?
If you want to talk sponsorship - the NRL grant covers the cost of the salary cap / players wages - so no link there.
Sponsorship covers the rest of the cost of running the football club.
Destroyed our brand?? Brought the club to its knees? A very long bow you're drawing there Teddybear.
Mad Monday was unfortunate being it was a club sanctioned function. In my view Dean Pay should probably not have been there and some other changes to protocol, but given there was no club function at the end of 2019 clearly lessons were learned.
Is that another function of a 'do nothing' board?

To suggest that's why KIA walked no I don't agree - why? Because they're still a sponsor and still pay the club - they just chose not to renew the major agreement. If Mad Monday was such a scandal they would've terminated and probably sooner.
If there was so much collateral damage from our 'destroyed brand' - they'd have nothing to do with us at all.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So kia advised the club before or after the mad Monday scandal that they were not renewing?
Did we not beg for them to stay on in some capacity? Pretty vague those details mind you, what they actually worth to the club now a measly 100k?
So 1M gone out the door.

Jaycar, gone straight after the scandal 500k out the door.

Three sisters, gone out the door 350k

The Nrl fine 250k.

So mad Monday has cost the club a minimum of 1.1 M to potentially over 2M $, overnight in one whole swoop..

Let's hope the Dnb carefully considers how the next batch of contract renewals are handled otherwise the so called good work done by the dnb on the non signing of Curtis Scott will go to waste.

Geez, with all the scandals in rugby league like burgess, fifita, de Belin etc etc, I haven't read about too many other sponsors leaving those clubs? Only the bulldogs.

I wonder why that is?

What was even more damning was the sponsors actually confirming they were leaving because of the mad Monday scandal to the media

Jaycar even complained about being kept in the dark , compared to the previous regime ( chalk and cheese) he described it.

Er - what do salary cap and Mad Monday have to do with each other?
If you want to talk sponsorship - the NRL grant covers the cost of the salary cap / players wages - so no link there.
Sponsorship covers the rest of the cost of running the football club.
Destroyed our brand?? Brought the club to its knees? A very long bow you're drawing there Teddybear.
Mad Monday was unfortunate being it was a club sanctioned function. In my view Dean Pay should probably not have been there and some other changes to protocol, but given there was no club function at the end of 2019 clearly lessons were learned.
Is that another function of a 'do nothing' board?

To suggest that's why KIA walked no I don't agree - why? Because they're still a sponsor and still pay the club - they just chose not to renew the major agreement. If Mad Monday was such a scandal they would've terminated and probably sooner.
If there was so much collateral damage from our 'destroyed brand' - they'd have nothing to do with us at all.

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So kia advised the club before or after the mad Monday scandal that they were not renewing?
Did we not beg for them to stay on in some capacity? Pretty vague those details mind you, what they actually worth to the club now a measly 100k?
So 1M gone out the door.

The Nrl fine 250k.

So mad Monday has cost the club a minimum of 1.1 M to potentially over 2M $, overnight in one whole swoop..

Let's hope the Dnb carefully considers how the next batch of contract renewals are handled otherwise the so called good work done by the dnb on the non signing of Curtis Scott will go to waste.

Geez, with all the scandals in rugby league like burgess, fifita, de Belin etc etc, I haven't read about too many other sponsors leaving those clubs? Only the bulldogs.

I wonder why that is?

What was even more damning was the sponsors actually confirming they were leaving because of the mad Monday scandal to the media

Jaycar even complained about being kept in the dark , compared to the previous regime ( chalk and cheese) he described it.
Gary Johnston had already informed the club prior to mad Monday that he would no longer be a sponsor as he was listing the company on the stock exchange and wanted to reign in outgoings.
The fat tigers supporting slob then used the incident to try and get public brownie points

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Most of you were warned that these flogs would lose sponsorship and would not attract a mosquito bite. But hey apparently we are in great shape ‍♂. Wake the fuck up....... LinkedIn . Keep blaming the previous regime. Oh and we are in a cap crisis yeah? We have money to spend from 2021 and on? BAHAHAHAHA This mob keep telling us lot they want to unearth juniors lmao. Ummmm HOUSTON YOU HAVE A PROBLEM ATTRACTING QUALITY PLAYERS TOO. News flash. We are at rock bottom after 2 seasons with this mob. It's ok though, Lyn was bullfrogs daughter ‍♂. She was a active board member that sent the titans broke. Married to a bloke that knew he was going bankrupt ahahaha. You couldn't make this shit up if you tried. All good though. You wanted change .

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Most of you were warned that these flogs would lose sponsorship and would not attract a mosquito bite. But hey apparently we are in great shape ‍♂. Wake the fuck up....... LinkedIn . Keep blaming the previous regime. Oh and we are in a cap crisis yeah? We have money to spend from 2021 and on? BAHAHAHAHA This mob keep telling us lot they want to unearth juniors lmao. Ummmm HOUSTON YOU HAVE A PROBLEM ATTRACTING QUALITY PLAYERS TOO. News flash. We are at rock bottom after 2 seasons with this mob. It's ok though, Lyn was bullfrogs daughter ‍♂. She was a active board member that sent the titans broke. Married to a bloke that knew he was going bankrupt ahahaha. You couldn't make this shit up if you tried. All good though. You wanted change .
It could be worse, we could still have Dib and Co and be that far over the salary cap we wouldn’t be playing for points

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Gary Johnston had already informed the club prior to mad Monday that he would no longer be a sponsor as he was listing the company on the stock exchange and wanted to reign in outgoings.
The fat tigers supporting slob then used the incident to try and get public brownie points
Er - wait. Facts? Highly inconvenient for some :-)

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So 1M gone out the door.

The Nrl fine 250k.

I wonder why that is?

Thank you Teddy. I feel like we're finally getting somewhere :-)
I thought your only beef was the laughable '20 failed signings' but it's clear your disgruntlement runs deeper.
I suspect you have an allegiance issue. Were you cuddly with Ray and co? Still dirty 2 years down the track they were tossed out on their arse?
Before you ask - no - I don't have an allegiance - I want this club back to its best and that means being behind whoever has their hand on the shovel as we dug our way out of an unprecedented steaming pile of number 2's.

So - let's address your points:

- Do you have any evidence that KIA only pay $100k today? I suspect not based on your form with 'failed signings'.
- Jaycar - announced gone before Mad Monday. Based on a supposed float that never happened, by a Wests Tigers supporting mate of Ray, who also tried to drop the club in it after the 2012 GF loss with comments never proven made by Dogs players. Some sponsor - glad to see the back of him. Tick.
- Three Sisters - do you live in the Blue Mountains? :-) i think you mean Wicked Sister. But that's OK. The fact is they couldn't afford the sponsorship as their business was (and remains) struggling. Nothing to do with the club or 'do nothing board'. Tick.
- NRL fine - $250k - um - reduced by 50% on appeal from the 'do nothing board'. Tick (sort of).

The ONLY sponsor to (allegedly) tie their end of association with the club 'due to Mad Monday' was Mr. Gary 'Agenda' Johnston - with claims that were simply not true and likely engineered as a shot across the bow for revenge for his mate Ray.

Now - let's talk replacements. The 'DNB' have brought in Metro Petroleum, Ultimate Security, Waterview and Hitachi - easily replacing 'Three Sisters' :-) and likely Jaycar.

So no mate - Mad Monday cost the club nowhere near what you claim.

Now - other clubs - irrelevant as proven above is that no sponsor walked from the club due to your assumed indiscretions and others have come onboard and/or stayed since (yes, not a major) But mate if you can't recognise the Australian economy is basically standing still, interest rates are a good chance of being cut for the FOURTH time in 12 months next month (yay for mortgage holders, grim for anyone seeking sponsorship/advertising), several retailers closing up shop and discretionary spends COLLAPSING - then I don't know what to tell you - other than it has ZERO to do with Mad Monday and EVERYTHING to do with there being near ZERO business confidence. Let me guess, that's the 'Do Nothing Government', right??

Sorry for facts to inconvenience you Teddy.
And in your effort to blame the board, Adam Elliot and anyone else you try to have a crack at - you've still failed to answer the question - did we fail by not signing Curtis Scott? The answer is a clear NO.
Cheers

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How much over the cap where we under Dib and Co ?
Millions. Look at all the players we were forced to release AND they were trying to add Tedesco and Moses too