Bulldogs at sixes and sevens (Rugby League Writers)

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The reality is you are only as good as your bottom 5 players.
There has been a lot of injuries this season and we are weeks away from having anywhere near our best team on the field.

We have had 30 plus points put on us the last three games. 50 by Souffs.
Your not going to win many games giving up 50 points.
The edge defence has been horrendous.
I would stick with Burton at 7.
Get the defence sorted out. Maybe we do jag a win against the Dragons.
But again, I can't see us doing much against quality sides until we get players back from injury.
Very disappointing I thought we could challenge for the 8 this season.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reality is you are only as good as your bottom 5 players.
There has been a lot of injuries this season and we are weeks away from having anywhere near our best team on the field.

We have had 30 plus points put on us the last three games. 50 by Souffs.
Your not going to win many games giving up 50 points.
The edge defence has been horrendous.
I would stick with Burton at 7.
Get the defence sorted out. Maybe we do jag a win against the Dragons.
But again, I can't see us doing much against quality sides until we get players back from injury.
Very disappointing I thought we could challenge for the 8 this season.
Talking to much sense mate Alamoti is great player when he has support in defence but it has proved a bit much for him without support. Talking about edge defence what is your opinion on that we seem quite small and slow.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Entire sets inside their 20 where the centre touched it once as a link man. Needs to touch it 2-3 times a set if he wants to play half
It's hard when Reed wastes 3 plays every attacking set by playing hero ball with crash play after crash play so the other players never get to touch it. Burton and the others need to find their voice more to give Reed a spray when he's doing dumb shit like that over and over again.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
[QUOTE="_G-Dog_, post: 4662018, member: 2818".
Prefer Burton at 6 than 7.. still think at the moment hes an even better Centre than 5/8 or halfback..
[/QUOTE]
I am not really convinced with Brown at 7 but I am prepared to try anyone there if it means no more Flopagain .

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's hard when Reed wastes 3 plays every attacking set by playing hero ball with crash play after crash play so the other players never get to touch it. Burton and the others need to find their voice more to give Reed a spray when he's doing dumb shit like that over and over again.
We haven’t had a hooker for a long time who seems to know which side to distribute to or when to run the ball, really puts us on the back foot.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Talking to much sense mate Alamoti is great player when he has support in defence but it has proved a bit much for him without support. Talking about edge defence what is your opinion on that we seem quite small and slow.
Sorry for slow response.
Work.
Two games injury forced the coach to play a 2nd row forward in the centres and the defence got exposed badly.
Third game Averillo got injured but had to stay on the field. He couldn't run and that cost at least one try probably two.

I'm not throwing the towel in just yet.
If we can stay injury free in the Dragons game and the edge defence gets exposed again time to worry.