News Bulldogs at risk of losing boom forward as three rival clubs circle

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think it’s getting to the point of do these guys want to re-sign or get a fresh start somewhere else tbh.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think it’s getting to the point of do these guys want to re-sign or get a fresh start somewhere else tbh.
There's only one I'd resign (as a priority) no matter.

The others can have fresh starts elsewhere, no problem :grinning:

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
If we let him go we’re fucked.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why would they want another player if that’s the player they identified they need? Hypothetically of course. They just need somebody they are happy with true? Simply Melbourne wouldnt have the cap space to compete with us but if are not offering Renouf a contract at their request it certainly puts them in the box seat. In terms of Elliot’s salary they could ask us to pay some freight. There is a lot that happens at the negotiation table young Brady.
Why would they take Atoni when they can take Atoni +1? What you're saying doesn't make any sense. If you disagree please don't reply because I don't see where you're coming from and never will.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If we let him go we’re fucked.
Its soul destroying to supporters to loose juniors because you haven't put in place enough development or support to see them realise their potential.

This kid did look like he'd be up there with our best centres then backrowers when he started coming thru our juniors.

Be a further sign we cant develop and improve talent just as we may see he'd probably shine with Burto and JAC running off him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Be another fail of loosing a junior we have put so much into.

Loosing juniors really affects supporter morale and says so much about the success and values of a club.
Let's see how it pans out first. You'd think that they would re-sign him if he maintains his form. There's no excuse not to.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought they were talking about Elliot.
Then I read the article. Sigh.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Time to be loyal... 2 long wealthy contracts which got him to this stage, Renouf owes the club.
I’m happy but surprised that he wants to remain with this club tbh. Yes the club have helped him get to this stage to a certain degree but I feel had they have nurtured him a bit more and gave him more confidence and most of all more playing time (especially last year) he would have of hit his peak at this stage and would have been one of the best forwards in the nrl! So it works both ways really!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Let's see how it pans out first. You'd think that they would re-sign him if he maintains his form. There's no excuse not to.
Hope so.
He is a frustrating player who hasnt taken his chances I'll admit. Like Wakeham. They have been too casual and dont seem focussed on high performance.

Thats why I suggested SBW bc no one at the club currently seems to be able to get them out of their comfort zone.

Hope he's reading this...we're putting our reputations on the line talking him up lol. :grinning: :grinning:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would they take Atoni when they can take Atoni +1? What you're saying doesn't make any sense. If you disagree please don't reply because I don't see where you're coming from and never will.
I’ll leave you with one thought and it doesn’t matter if you don’t get it.. but how can they nab Atoni if they can’t compete cash wise with the club he’s currently at? ;)Enjoy the game mate.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’ll leave you with one thought and it doesn’t matter if you don’t get it.. but how can they nab Atoni if they can’t compete cash wise with the club he’s currently at? ;)Enjoy the game mate.
Okay, but we're paying overs to retain a player we could of re-signed months ago for what he was worth, potentially even less. Top clubs like Panthers re-sign someone like Edwards when they're just climbing from their lowest point. The Storm are obviously not going to compete with an offer for more than what a player is worth, unless Atoni wants to take less. We can't use Atoni as a trade regardless, so I don't see your point at all again...

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone will offer atoni and he will leave 300-400k offer he’ll jump in a heart beat I’m sure,

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair enough. Just thought he'd be a good help to push Renouf a bit further along.
I appreciate that area but he has lost my trust completely. He is also with Mundine & Mundine would love nothing more than to get a 3rd one over on the Dogs after Haumono & Williams. Mundine led both of them out of the club.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
More likely that he's actually getting a chance this year.

Pay fucked his development up.
He played the first 10 rounds last year, this is his 10th game for the season this year & he is playing about 5 more minutes than he played last year, so I'm going with the contract motivation.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He played the first 10 rounds last year, this is his 10th game for the season this year & he is playing about 5 more minutes than he played last year, so I'm going with the contract motivation.
About 5 minutes? It's 13.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Okay, but we're paying overs to retain a player we could of re-signed months ago for what he was worth, potentially even less. Top clubs like Panthers re-sign someone like Edwards when they're just climbing from their lowest point. The Storm are obviously not going to compete with an offer for more than what a player is worth, unless Atoni wants to take less. We can't use Atoni as a trade regardless, so I don't see your point at all again...
Not saying we could have resigned him for less or more etc that part is irrelevant to the discussion point. Storm cannot compete with us dollars wise one would think that’s fairly obvious so what do they do if they want Renouf? They ask us to pull out of the negotiations so they can have a good crack at him and if he agrees they get the player they want. It’s not that hard to work out and it’s happened plenty of times before. It’s less about us using Atoni as a bargaining chip and more about who they want in their squad to let Brandon Smith go. It’s possible they can’t even make an offer for Atoni now unless they free up cap space. Hey do they have a player who’s asked for a release? That’s the point. And it’s all hypothetically and not my preference but I have attempted to explain to you how it could possibly work. Cheers.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Where are you getting these stats from?