News Bulldogs at risk of losing boom forward as three rival clubs circle

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Too right. We haven't seen anything like his ceiling yet. I mentioned yesterday, I'd like to see them get $BW have a few mentoring sessions with him to rev him up and get him fully focussed on his career...could be "at least somewhere" as good as Sonny.
I don't want SOB Williams ANYWHERE NEAR this club ever again. He's done enough damage.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I want to see him have back to back to back good games a bit more tbh. Good player, but not consistent enough yet. "Boom" forward is a stretch atm.
More consistent than Thompson lol. I'll be cut as if we lose Renouf, waited so long for him to come good and now as he's improving he might be out the door because we pissed away money of shit like Waddell and Hetherington.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't want SOB Williams ANYWHERE NEAR this club ever again. He's done enough damage.
Fair enough. Just thought he'd be a good help to push Renouf a bit further along.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Like Ogden, we won’t pay overs for Atoni either

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
More consistent than Thompson lol. I'll be cut as if we lose Renouf, waited so long for him to come good and now as he's improving he might be out the door because we pissed away money of shit like Waddell and Hetherington.
I could quite confidently say I’d rather see any of our other forwards moved on before Renouf bar maybe Thompson. I think these are key to us moving forward from our “rebuild” next year.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The Storm need a bench player and Elliott's on too much money for that imo. It's up to Atoni (not the club) who he negotiates with, he's off contract. If the Storm wanted Atoni they'd sign him (free to do so, no trade needed) and still want another player as a swap.
Why would they want another player if that’s the player they identified they need? Hypothetically of course. They just need somebody they are happy with true? Simply Melbourne wouldnt have the cap space to compete with us but if are not offering Renouf a contract at their request it certainly puts them in the box seat. In terms of Elliot’s salary they could ask us to pay some freight. There is a lot that happens at the negotiation table young Brady.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Time to be loyal... 2 long wealthy contracts which got him to this stage, Renouf owes the club.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The key thing to note here is that Renouf has only played 38 games and has been shuffled around prop, edge, lock and bench

His best is yet to come once he hits 50 games.

Baz needs to give him a starting spot for the rest of the season

I can see him waking and another club prospering ala Isaiah Papalii scenario

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
the article says he wants to stay? I'm not sure what all the naval gazing is about.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TBAZ BETTER DO EVERYTHING HE CAN TO KEEP ATONI, if we lose him.... that will do me.!!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope that is not true? Elliot has been horrible last six weeks and Waddell? I have been scratching my head about that signing.
They are both light years ahead of Renouf.

Renouf wouldn't even make the bench of our reserves

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I said this last week. The longer he remains unsigned, the more you worry he's on the move.. We have plenty of cap space, need forwards and he's the only off contract player playing well enough to be re-signed. There's no excuse not to extend him.

Along with Thompson he's the only one making consistent metres and showing any pride out there. I'd be very pissed off if he's not re-signed as I could easily see him flourish at another club.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF we lose Atoni it proves that we can only have players that the other clubs don't want.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I said this last week. The longer he remains unsigned, the more you worry he's on the move.. We have plenty of cap space, need forwards and he's the only off contract player playing well enough to be re-signed. There's no excuse not to extend him.

Along with Thompson he's the only one making consistent metres and showing any pride out there. I'd be very pissed off if he's not re-signed as I could easily see him flourish at another club.
Be another fail of loosing a junior we have put so much into.

Loosing juniors really affects supporter morale and says so much about the success and values of a club.